Animal Lease Law

Animal Rights

Animal Leash Law

Please tell me why so many people here do not obey the leash law. Why would you risk your dogs life running the streets? One person where I live lost his dog because someone hit it with their car. He turns around in two weeks gets another dog and it is also running around our street.

We have about 6 dogs here that are never on a leash. If I call the animal warden then the dogs could get hurt or put to sleep. I love animals but there are driving me crazy. One almost made my mom fall because it wanted attention and my grandkids can not go out and play. I just want the people here to follow the law and respect my property and my rights. I am getting a fence but it is not in yet I had to get a loan because it is expense, yet it is not fair that I can not take a walk in peace. I pay taxes too and more then most but I am stuck in in yard.

Any Advise??

Last edited:

Animal Rights

Thanks but No

I could never squirt a dog in the face with ammonia, I love animals too much, maybe thats my problem. I am concerned with the dogs safety.

Animal Rights

We did both and the owners got mad, they say too bad.
Animal control has been out a few times but nothing seem to happen to the dog owners or the dogs??????

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Animal Rights said:
Animal control has been out a few times but nothing seem to happen to the dog owners or the dogs??????

You should move to a better neighborhood.

PrepH4U

Animal Rights said:
well shoot the owners in the face with a spray bottle then! :whistle:

HunterJJD

Catch them in a live trap and have animal controll pick them up. They will have to pay to get them out or if they do nto want them they will be sent to new homes or put down.
Or the 3 S method.

But go with first method

Animal Rights

I would move if I could move my house too, we built it ouurselves it was suppose to be our dream home. we spent all our money and then some on it. I just do not understand how people can not repect others property or just follow the Law. Thanks for trying.

Shannie0308

Animal Rights said:

Call Animal Control again. The owner may have gotten a warning which they obviously are not taking seriously. The more trips animal control makes the more likely something will get done.

Not sure where you live, but in Charles County there is a written complaint form that you can get from Animal Control, my understanding of it is once filed with Animal Control the owner must attend a hearing about the problem. Department of Emergency Services handles that.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Shannie0308 said:
Call Animal Control again. The owner may have gotten a warning which they obviously are not taking seriously. The more trips animal control makes the more likely something will get done.

Not sure where you live, but in Charles County there is a written complaint form that you can get from Animal Control, my understanding of it is once filed with Animal Control the owner must attend a hearing about the problem. Department of Emergency Services handles that.

It took 3 visits from Animal Control before one neighbor put up a fence for their dog and 5 visits before the other one put his dog on a run. Not many wanderers anymore.

Animal Rights

We are going to keep trying and we are putting in a fenceourselves because we have a dog that we keep inside and on a leash but a fence will be helpful some of the dogs here tried to come at him and my husband had to hold the other dog until I got mine back in the house.
Thanks again.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Animal Rights said:
We are going to keep trying and we are putting in a fenceourselves because we have a dog that we keep inside and on a leash but a fence will be helpful some of the dogs here tried to come at him and my husband had to hold the other dog until I got mine back in the house.
Thanks again.
What's a fenceourselves?