Another accident...

SMC Dispatch

rallwine2000 said:
It's because you don't have access to this and you just monitor the scanner and don't work at ECC. You should not spread rumors of where your employed, when you don't work there. Could come back and bite you.

I work for ECC so you can stop. Just ignore it, if you dont want to read it, because its not rumors.

R

rallwine2000

Bay_Kat said:
I made a phone call and was told it is NOT allowed due to safety issues. When you give this info out only creates more of a crowd than there already is and with people listening to scanners and people passing by it just adds more people. They do not want dispatchers or anyone else in communications giving out info during an incident it only adds to the chaos.
I'm right there with you, besides, if he is working why am I paying for him to do his job when he is to busy posting here. Don't think the commissioners would like that they are paying him to play on the internet. I confirmed also that that is not allowed.

Needs to get a life/

itsbob

I bowl overhand
SoMDGirl42 said:
I'm pretty sure MD has more than 1 helo. Sounds like the hospital dropped the ball on this one. If he should have been flown out, no reason why he wasn't. And don't tell me it was because 1 helo in the entire state was on a routine call, the State Police have 7 alone. Get yourselves a lawyer.
And you chose to argue with a person who lost a parent due to a situation you know NOTHING about.. do you have any class at all?

SMC Dispatch

rallwine2000 said:
I'm right there with you, besides, if he is working why am I paying for him to do his job when he is to busy posting here. Don't think the commissioners would like that they are paying him to play on the internet. I confirmed also that that is not allowed.

Needs to get a life/

I work for the ECC. Thats my final Word. Just ignore if you dont think i do. And plus i am not playing on the computer. I have 3 other computers at my desk that i am not. The one i am at now, is only for internet. The others are just for Incidents for the county.

K

khuseman

So what ever happend to the accident on Budds Creek Rd? I drive that road every day to and from work and man to people fly...its kinda scary especially when they are cruisin in front of the intersection at Chaptico Market, I always am paranoid that someone will pull out in front of me :(

R

rallwine2000

SMC Dispatch said:
I work for the ECC. Thats my final Word. Just ignore if you dont think i do. And plus i am not playing on the computer. I have 3 other computers at my desk that i am not. The one i am at now, is only for internet. The others are just for Incidents for the county.
spoke to the manager there, she says that this posting is not allowed and will be tracking to find out who is posting from ECC. So , I guess you know it all. Thanks for the red karma whoever gave it. I don't like my tax $$ being wasted on this.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
SMC Dispatch said:
I work for ECC so you can stop. Just ignore it, if you dont want to read it, because its not rumors.

I was also told that when information gets out like this, it causes major problems for the call takers because people constantly call wanting to know what type of vehicles are involved and if they have info on who was involved. So basically what you are doing is tying up phone lines and if there is an emergecy the call takers are busy with people asking questions about an accident you posted.

SoMDGirl42

SMC Dispatch said:
St. Mary's County has 3 Helicopters:

Trooper 2
Trooper 7
Eagle 1

They basically cover Calvert, Charles and St. Mary's. And if needed on a call by call basis for other counties in Maryland and Virginia.
St. Mary's County has 1 helicopter, Trooper 7. Trooper 2 is based at AFFB in CHARLES County, and they also have 5 others stationed around Maryland which, if needed, would be disbatched to St. Mary's.

So, does Stanley know you spend your day on the computer? And I've never heard it referred to as the ECC. It's always been the EOC, Emergency Operations Center.

CMC122

Go Braves!
SoMDGirl42 said:
St. Mary's County has 1 helicopter, Trooper 7. Trooper 2 is based at AFFB in CHARLES County, and they also have 5 others stationed around Maryland which, if needed, would be disbatched to St. Mary's.

So, does Stanley know you spend your day on the computer? And I've never heard it referred to as the ECC. It's always been the EOC, Emergency Operations Center.
When did Charles county annex AAFB?

Bay_Kat

Tropical
SoMDGirl42 said:

:yahoo: Good one about the helos, he has no idea what he's talking about, he just hears the numbers on the scanner. :lmao: Except the party about Andrews being in Charles County. :confused: I'm sure you meant FOR Charles County.

Last edited:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
SoMDGirl42 said:
Your break-down of helo's in the area just re-interates my point. If there are so few of them available, and they are in use with less-than-severe trauma patients, what is a patient to do that truly does need the immediate services of a helo?

Let me further explain...my dad's death was 15 years ago. I have no idea of the number of helo's in service at that time, nor does it do any good to find out now.

All I do know is that after all this time, I still get steamed thinking about how he languished on a gurney gasping for air and his heart literally exploding, while some helo was transporting someone with a freakin' broken leg to the hospital.

LVFD Member

SoMDGirl42 said:

Hi i see there is some confusion with some of these posts that have been going on. Well with Trooper 2, that Helo is stationed in St. Mary's County at the Airport. Same thing for the Eagle. And the three letters EOC/ECC its the same things. (Fireboard) is called both.

R

rallwine2000

LVFD Member said:
Hi i see there is some confusion with some of these posts that have been going on. Well with Trooper 2, that Helo is stationed in St. Mary's County at the Airport. Same thing for the Eagle. And the three letters EOC/ECC its the same things. (Fireboard) is called both.
Do you know SMC Dispatch and does he really work there?

LVFD Member

Yes i know him. He is Joseph Cooper. He is a Secretary and Dispatcher. Also here is some things i would like you all to look like. This is a past ECC Meeting. Of some things you might all want to look at.

ST. MARY’S COUNTY FIRE BOARD ASSOCIATION (ECC)
17 MAY 2007 MEETING

CALL TO ORDER – Meeting was called to order this date by President Speedy Nelson at 1925 hours at the ECC in Leonardtown Maryland.

ATTENDANCE – (present)
Company 1…………..Wayne Miedzinski,
Company 2…………..Carol Craig, John Montgomery.
Company 3…………..Joe Cooper, Wayne Johnson.
Company 4…………..Francis Raley, Bruce Raley, Peanut Gatton.
Company 5…………..Mike Huseman, Speedy Nelson.
Company 6…………..Lyn Henderson, Steve Long.
Company 7……………Absent.
Asst. County Fire Chief…..Freddie Burris.
ECC………………………Shirley Copado.
Rescue Association………Missy Raley.

MINUTES – Motion made by W. Johnson 2nd by F. Burris to approve the Minutes of the 19 April 2007 meeting as typed and distributed. Motion was approved by all

COMMUNICATIONS – None.

TREASURER’S REPORT – J. Cooper reported previous balance was $2223.81. He has paid no Bills, received no new monies, therefore, as of this date the balance on hand is still $2223.81.

ECC – S. Copado presented and discussed the FY07 Radio Requests dated 12 February 2007. Speedy asked why our new requests were not addressed. Shirley said Bob Kelly was to do that but he is not here any longer, and it was not done. She said it will not happen this year, and we will have to put it back in next year if we still want the same requests. Speedy will get with Bob Taylor and Dave Zylak and discuss this matter. Shirley said when a portable is ordered, a charger has to be ordered too, or you will only receive the portable (and no charger). Speedy asked when the radio requests are made, who gets them and who sees them? It is submitted and then sent to Shirley who will put it in the Budget.
Tri-County Inter-operability meeting was recently attended, and discussed by S. Copado. Procedures have been set up and will be sent to the Chiefs for their review and comments. M. Huseman discussed the talk with Charles County (Tony Rose) and the turning ON of the required relay, or not. They agreed, it works good when it is turned ON.

RESCUE ASSN. – Missy said they cancelled the scheduled drill as they could not get enough victims for the drill.

VOL TASK FORCE – Speedy said the Vol. Task Force is still in the talking mode.

HOUSE NUMBERS –S. Nelson said the ESC is addressing the money needed for the advertising in the local papers of the need to properly post House Numbers.

CAREER TECH – S. Nelson said the Banquet is this scheduled for this Sunday at the Tech Center.

CO FIRE CHIEF – A meeting should be coming up soon on Inter County Channels. The changing of the TAC channels will be addressed by the Chiefs at a later date.

STANDARDS – Speedy Nelson discussed the hose connectors on our dry hydrants in the county as not conforming with our county standards? This will be checked into further to be sure.

OLD BUSINESS – Speedy Nelson said the effort to put our (Fire Board County) Standards On-Line is still in the works.
NEW BUSINESS – C. Craig discussed new commercial building code and the sprinklers requirement for business. She discussed a case of an Amish businessman being told he has to have sprinklers installed in their newly proposed commercial building.

GOOD OF ORDER
CO-3 – Bay District VFD will hold their Annual Golf Tournament on 9 July 2007. Contact Joe Cooper for details (301-863-5362).

NEXT MEETING – There will be no meeting in June. The next meeting will be held on 19 July 2007 at the ECC at 1900 hours.

ADJOURNMENT – With no further business to discuss, the meeting was adjourned at 1955 hours on motion by F. Raley, 2nd by M. Huseman, and approved by all.

Submitted by,

Joseph A. Cooper
Secretary, ECC

SoMDGirl42

LVFD Member said:
Even the State Police list Trooper 7 as being stationed at St. Mary's Airport, and Trooper 2 at AAFB. And I stand corrected, it is not located in Charles County, oops.

http://www.mspaviation.org/frames.asp

Purplefox

I AM an enigma
LVFD Member said:

I thought Trooper 7 was stationed at the airport?

OldHillcrestGuy

St. Mary's has one helo stationed here that handles St Mary's, about half of Calvert and half of Charles, if you drew a line from say Prince Frederick west toward Hughesville, and LaPlata just about everything north and west of this line is handled by Trooper 2 out of Andrews. Trooper 2 will fly anywhere into these counties if Trooper 7 is not availiable. Eagle is US Park and flys from DC, Eagle does not come down as often as Trooper 2 does. You have to remember these are stationed in area's that require more flyouts then down here, proably more gunshot victims then auto accidents.
Its possible sometimes to get Trooper 4 from Salisbury and Trooper 8 from northern Montgomery down here sometimes.
Once someone is at the hospital the MSP choppers for the most part will not transport you to another hospital, all the hospitals in Southern Maryland are all tied into Medstar and for heart problems they will fly you to Washington Hospital Center.
You'd be surprised about how the ER's work down here if you bring someone in with a broken leg on the ambulance they'll look at you a will somtimes say, why didnt you fly this patient.
Medstar will charge you, MSP will not.

Todays accident at Three Notch and Thompson Corner involved a dump truck and car. The person they flew out was for mechcanism and memory loss, they could not remember what had happened.

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
SoMDGirl42 said:
I'm pretty sure MD has more than 1 helo. Sounds like the hospital dropped the ball on this one. If he should have been flown out, no reason why he wasn't. And don't tell me it was because 1 helo in the entire state was on a routine call, the State Police have 7 alone. Get yourselves a lawyer.
If you could just calm down and open your mind for one minute...try to see this from BadGirl's point of view.

Yes, a broken leg CAN be fatal, sometimes, but most often isn't. A heart attack can be fatal almost every time it occurs. So, it would make sense that a heart attack patient would (and should) take precedence over a broken leg. The broken leg should have been ground transported to St. Mary's Hospital and the heart attack air lifted. Don't be stubborn - cause if you think about it - you know this is true.

I was taught basic triage in the Military, you have to assess which injury is most likely to cause death and that one takes precedence. I'm sure the EMT's, cops, etc. learn basic triage too - and they should have known better.

K

khuseman

Red for me :(

Another accident... 05-23-2007 12:26 PM We don't need a frickin light at every intersection...people just need to learn how to drive

LVFD Member

Just to let you all know also, i see that you all think hurricanedan is a fake, well i know him also. He is a Dispatcher for Pax River. Here is proof. This is the Minutes for another meeting in march. Look at the Attendance for March and go down to the end of the List of Attendance.

St. Mary's County Emergency Communications

15 March 2007

CALL TO ORDER – The regularly scheduled meeting of the St. Mary’s County Fire Board Association was called to order this date by President S. Nelson at the ECC at 1900 hours.

ATTENDANCE (Present) –

COMPANY 1 – John Trossbach, Wayne Miedzinski, Gerald Gardiner.
COMPANY 2/22 – Carol Craig, John Montgomery.
COMPANY 3/9 – Wayne Johnson, Joe Cooper.
COMPANY 4 – Francis Raley, Peanut Gatton.
COMPANY 5 – Mike Huseman, Speedy Nelson, Donnie Morgan.
COMPANY 6 – Tommy Crowder, James Gardiner, Lyn Henderson.
COMPANY 7 – Dennis Brady.
COUNTY FIRE CHIEF – Andy Bell.
ASST. COUNTY FIRE CHIEF – Freddie Burris.
COUNTY SAFETY DEPARTMENT – Dave Zylak.
ECC – Joseph Cooper
SHERIFF’S DEPT. – Sgt. Cusic.
PAX RIVER Dispatch- Dan Johnson

MINUTES – The Minutes of the 15 February 2007 meeting were approved by all as corrected and distributed, on Motion made by J. Cooper and 2nd by T. Crowder.

TREASURER’S REPORT – J. Cooper reported previous balance was $2048.81. He has received $175.00 for the 2007 Dues from the seven Fire Departments. He discussed the plaque obtained from Chesapeake Trophies and presented (on behalf of the Fire Board Association) to the family of Harry Koehler (Co-6, County Rescue Chief, and Liaison to Fire Board from the Rescue Association) at his funeral. He asked Chesapeake Trophy’s Timmy Ridgell for a Bill and was told No Bill. Consider it a donation. Therefore the balance on hand this date is $2223.81. A letter of thanks will be sent to Chesapeake Trophy.

SHERIFF’S DEPT. – T. Crowder asked about the recent PI incident and their being cancelled by the Sheriff’s Dept. Sgt. Cusic did not know of the problem. A. Bell said Sheriff Cameron is supposed to get back to him on a date and time to discuss the situation.

LIAISON – J. Cooper reported the Rescue Association was told that St. Mary’s Hospital is now designated as a Stroke Center, for the next 5 years.

PROBLEMS – S. Copado said an amplifier in Mechanicsville VFD was burned up and should be repaired or replaced and the unit back in service by this time.

M. Huseman asked Shirley about the older problem of the burned out Power Strip at Co-5? She will check on this and report back to Co-5.

CALVERT PATCH – D. Zylak said if any problems occur when going to Calvert County, give him the particulars so he can look into it. He said Calvert County claims they need additional funds to improve or update their system to accommodate us, etc. D. Brady said more Portable Radio’s will also correct the problem as well, and maybe better.

DNR BULLDOZER – D. Zylak was asked by DNR that when the Bulldozer is needed, DNR needs to be contacted before it’s use. They want to be notified each time it is used.

ROAD NAME CHANGES – F. Raley asked about notifications not being made to the Fire Departments when a Road Name is changed or added. D. Zylak said the LY&G Management for Sub-divisions and Road Name Changes, was asked about this and is being further looked into by him.

CAD – A. Bell said that T. Mattingly Jr. said he has a fix on the CAD problem.

DEVELOPMENTS – W. Johnson said Flower Drive should be run as commercial, but the other day it was not, and he has a few others in the same situation. S. Copado will get with Wayne about these and get them corrected.

ESC – S. Nelson thanked those that supported the presentation for the Sprinklers with the County Commissioners, this past Tuesday. It was a good presentation and well received by the Commissioners. The Demonstration was held at Company 1.

CAREER TECH – S. Nelson thanked everyone that attended the recent Career Tech Day presentation at the Tech Center. He said a Banquet is forthcoming for those involved in the program.

MAPS – The RIT Aerial View Maps was discussed and they are coming through to the Station too slow as the apparatus is already out the door before it can be obtained. S. Copado already knows of this, and she will look into it further. A. Bell said that B. Cease said this can be split for the Fire or Rescue Departments or both as desired.

COUNTY FIRE CHIEF – A. Bell discussed his written report on the Fire Chief’s meeting of 13 March 2007. He said B. Cease (IT) presented a demonstration of the NFIRS Reporting
System that is available through the CAD system. This was done via a Conference Call with HTE. The next Chief’s meeting is scheduled for 17 April 2007 at the ECC at 1830 hours.

ENGINE-62 – A. Bell said the Chief’s reviewed a request from Co-6 that Engine 62 be reclassified as a Squad. After discussion, it was determined that E-62 did not qualify as a Squad. M. Huseman suggested the dispatch be of the closest Rescue Unit and Squad, so not to skip the closest Rescue Tool to the scene. This will not affect those incidents where a Squad is the closest. T. Mattingly Jr. was made aware of this situation and has worked with the CAD system to make this option work, and he has tested it in a test environment, and it did worked properly. The following motion was made by W. Johnson and 2nd by J. Trossbach:

MOTION – To accept and approve the above discussed proposal that when an extra Squad is called for, a Squad and a Rescue Engine will be dispatched. Motion was approved by all.

RIT SOG – C. Craig has submitted a RIT SOG (#2-18 dated 12 March 2007). This is being reviewed by the Chief’s along with the current RIT Standard and will be discussed at their next Chief’s meeting.

PAGERS – M. Huseman said that since the Paging System testing and changes were made, his area is experiencing poor reception in some areas. Other Chief’s had the same comment and they were all instructed to e-mail any problems to D. Zylak so he can address the issues.

INCIDENT COMMAND – S. Nelson said the Incident Command Class is still available and apparently no one has requested it yet. It was agreed we will contact K. Fairfax for a date to conduct the class for us.

HAZMAT – S. Nelson discussed the County Hazmat Team and said they need more members. If interested, please contact T. Mattingly Jr.

CAD DEMO – A. Bell further discussed the CAD Demo and said B. Cease wants the Program changed to keep up with the LOSAP, etc. W. Johnson said we should keep the present System (Fire House Program) because it takes too long to train people to do it now, then have to retrain them again with a new Program. B. Cease wants to transfer the information from the one Program to the other.

COMPANY 22 – C. Craig asked for Co-22 to be dispatched if Hughesville is dispatched on the same call in St. Mary’s. Now that is not done. T. Mattingly Jr. will take care of this.

NEW BUSINESS – C. Craig discussed house (five digit) numbers that are not being displayed properly, and/or are too small to read from the road. Some of the Road Name Signs also need to be monitored and put back up when they are knocked down. The County normally puts the road signs back up. A. Bell said we need to get the word out to the public about their House Numbers. We could put something in the Enterprise directed at the home owner.

SMVFA – S. Copado reminded everyone the SMVFA Fire Prevention Books are due in no later than the 26 March 2007 SMVFA meeting in Ridge.

ESC – P. Gatton discussed new changes and desires on the Low Interest Loan money now available to the Departments. Think about this and let him know your thoughts and desires on the Program.

GOOD OF ASSN. – Company 6, T. Crowder thanked everyone on behalf of Co-6 and the family of Harry Koehler, for the turnout at his funeral.

ADJOURNMENT – The meeting was adjourned after no further business to discuss at 1944 hours, on motion by A. Bell, 2nd by F. Raley and approved by all.

NEXT MEETING – The next meeting is scheduled for 19 April 2007 at the ECC at 1900 hours.

Submitted by,

Joseph A. Cooper
Secretary, ECC