Any Takers

withered

To be trutfully honest, it's your faults that you thought about it, I was only trying to explain my situation.

J

justhangn

Withered, I think I just met your brothers, dithered and weathered. :smile:

K

Kain99

Pain has an Element of Blank. It cannot recollect when it begun or if there were a time when it was not... Emily Dickinson

Hey Withered... We haven't met, I'm curious what kinda guy ?exactly? quotes Emily Dickinson??

Bacall

To be honestly truthful, for the hell of it! (laughs) I must admit, I'm really bored with the dating scene, and I like spending my free time at home. An on-line "relationship" (if that is what you want to call it ) would keep my schedule open for "home" and "self" time in the quietness of my appartment.

I feel your comfort. The dating scene is old and withered. It has next to nothing to offer. An on-line relationship at least offers companionship, instead of a drink and a one night stand.

I'm curious what kinda guy ?exactly? quotes Emily Dickinson??

The guys I've met on line that quote poets are usually the ones who have time to read it, are sensitive enough to feel it and are secure enough to admit it. I've met interesting people and formed pen-pal type relationships. Though they may be brief, they are still worth it, because they leave some of themselves with me.

D

Dew Catcher

Well that is not always true. Have you been burned by that type spud? You seem to be resentful towards those "types". Not everyone is the same, that is why personality plays a big figure, "Hands Down".

Spud

Originally posted by Dew Catcher
Well that is not always true. Have you been burned by that type spud? You seem to be resentful towards those "types". Not everyone is the same, that is why personality plays a big figure, "Hands Down".

Now that's a funny question! I am Burnt like a crisp, but never Thank God, by the Poetry type. Do your self a favor and run like the wind if you ever meet one of these blow hards.

How do I run from thee?
Let me count the ways.

withered

Originally posted by Spud
Guys that quote poetry are Full of it, Hands down, end of story.

I put a quote in my signature and now I am full of it? It isn't like I go around all day quoting poetry, I just didn't have anything better to put there. To tell the honest truth, I just happened to be looking through WebMD for some chronic pain information and I saw the quote and found it different. Don’t go around saying I am “full of it” just because you have a hatred for good art. Was Shakespeare “full of it” too? How about Mark Twain? Sounds like you just have a “jocks” view of the world, i.e.: “Football good, books bad!”

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by watercolor23
Dont even go there with Shakespear Smalltown. WE will most definatly butt heads there! :really:

Now that would be a first :biggrin:

I'm married to an English major.. One who likes Shakespear a lot..

J

justhangn

Originally posted by DeeJay
Yes. Either people back then were absolutely and incredibly stupid or Shakespeare didn't know jack about human relationships. Even if you get a "Shakespeare for Dummies" book where they explain the plots in modern terms, it's hard to understand why his characters behave the way they do.

Sorry, Willie Shakes just doesn't stand the test of time, IMO.

I have always said he played on the ignorance of the times.