Are smokers icky?

What do you think of smokers?

• I don't care. It's their life (short but theirs)

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • I smoke.

Votes: 23 22.3%
  • They are nasty, icky, gross

Votes: 44 42.7%
  • I like to hang around smokers for the free second hand smoke.

Votes: 8 7.8%

• Total voters

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think women show signs of smoking more than men. Have you ever noticed those middle aged women with the deep raspy smoker's voice. It just gives them a kinda trashy air about them.

And there are some people who think a raspy voice is sexy. Plus it's doubtful that women who smoke care whether they are attractive to some like you or not.

CrashTest

Another said kissing a smoker is foul; so why are they kissing smokers?

It sucks sometimes, but kissing is usually required in order to get where you really want to be. You just have to suck it up.

Even though the smell is nasty, I can take it. It's just that I used to think that if I didn't let anyone see me smoke, then nobody would know I was a smoker. I was wrong. The smell enters the room before the person does.

Highlander

ONE NATION UNDER GOD
And there are some people who think a raspy voice is sexy. Plus it's doubtful that women who smoke care whether they are attractive to some like you or not.

That's funny. There's nothing sexy about a raspy voice. Come on guys. Who would you choose?

A. Healthy, sexy non smoker with soft sexy voice and the light aroma of a good perfume.

B. Bertha, the raspy voice, wrinkly skinned woman with the stinch of stale smoke.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It sucks sometimes, but kissing is usually required in order to get where you really want to be. You just have to suck it up.

It's unlikely that I would be aroused by and want to have an intimate relationship with someone whose smell made me retch, so there would be no "sucking it up" needed on my part. Maybe guys are just different.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That's funny. There's nothing sexy about a raspy voice. Come on guys. Who would you choose?

A. Healthy, sexy non smoker with soft sexy voice and the light aroma of a good perfume.

B. Bertha, the raspy voice, wrinkly skinned woman with the stinch of stale smoke.

Why are you having a meltdown and resorting to overreactive hyperbole? Do you think that every woman's goal is to want to be attractive to you personally?

Highlander

ONE NATION UNDER GOD
Why are you having a meltdown and resorting to overreactive hyperbole? Do you think that every woman's goal is to want to be attractive to you personally?

No, I have one woman and that's enough drama for me. Don't need any more.

Why do you smoke?

It's a nasty habit. Do I care what you do? No, not really. I'm just saying it's a nasty habit.

Last edited:

misshelper

I love the smell of cigars but hate the smell of cigarettes.
I don't smoke, never have, but ya'll can do what you want.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member

It's all about how folks perceive smokers and what they'll do these days to avoid or be with them, donchaknow?

I know that my smoking is not going to be an issue of how I feel about myself based on others' opinions! :cool:

sockgirl77

I am a smoker. I hate it. I hate the smell. I so badly want to quit. I have gotten myself down to 3 cigs per day. It affects me in so many ways.
I never smoke around my kids. I do smoke in my car when they are not in it. The last time I pulled their carseats out I noticed the smell on them. That saddened me. That is my new goal, to not smoke in my car ever. I have managed to not smoke at home because I moved to an apartment without a balcony and will not leave my kids alone inside to go smoke.
I cannot keep my dirty laundry in my bedroom because it makes my room smell.
It hinders me from dating as well. Most non-smoking men will not date a smoker. For instance...awhile ago I met a man that I adored. We dated for a bit and I constantly tried to quit. I even would go as far as not smoking on the days that I would see him. But, I had to light up the minute that I left his house. And here I am now, I still adore the guy but he will not date me because I smoke. That's a damn shame because we got along so well.
So, I'll start off this week attempting to quit again. Probably for the 100th time in hopes that this attempt will work and I pray that my biatchiness does not offend those around me. :ohwell:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Now here's a revelation!!

I love the smell of cigars but hate the smell of cigarettes.
I don't smoke, never have, but ya'll can do what you want.
AS much as I have made my displeasure for cigarettes known, I love the aroma of a good pipe tobacco! Captain Black WHiskey smells amazing. Even some herbal cigarettes smell sweet. Go figure! :lmao:

Cigars are nastier than cigs. :barf:

misshelper

AS much as I have made my displeasure for cigarettes known, I love the aroma of a good pipe tobacco! Captain Black WHiskey smells amazing. Even some herbal cigarettes smell sweet. Go figure! :lmao:

Cigars are nastier than cigs. :barf:

They may be nastier but they smell better..:razz:

sockgirl77

I gotta go with Baja on that one. If I get stuck behind a cigar smoker when I'm on the bike, I do everything I can to get out of his slipstream.

There are some cigars that smells yummy. A guy that comes to the bar I work at smokes vanilla scented ones and I love the smell.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I am a smoker. I hate it. I hate the smell. I so badly want to quit. I have gotten myself down to 3 cigs per day. It affects me in so many ways.
I never smoke around my kids. I do smoke in my car when they are not in it. The last time I pulled their carseats out I noticed the smell on them. That saddened me. That is my new goal, to not smoke in my car ever. I have managed to not smoke at home because I moved to an apartment without a balcony and will not leave my kids alone inside to go smoke.
I cannot keep my dirty laundry in my bedroom because it makes my room smell.
It hinders me from dating as well. Most non-smoking men will not date a smoker. For instance...awhile ago I met a man that I adored. We dated for a bit and I constantly tried to quit. I even would go as far as not smoking on the days that I would see him. But, I had to light up the minute that I left his house. And here I am now, I still adore the guy but he will not date me because I smoke. That's a damn shame because we got along so well.
So, I'll start off this week attempting to quit again. Probably for the 100th time in hopes that this attempt will work and I pray that my biatchiness does not offend those around me. :ohwell:

I smoke because I like to smoke. Much like I drink beer because I like to drink beer. If I was as repulsed by smoking as you are, I wouldn't smoke. It's that simple.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Just last night my 11 y/o daughter and I talked about another 11 y/o girl in her school kids didn't like to sit with on the bus....why?
Because she smelled like she SMOKED. Wonder why?

CrashTest

It's unlikely that I would be aroused by and want to have an intimate relationship with someone whose smell made me retch, so there would be no "sucking it up" needed on my part. Maybe guys are just different.

This just in...

...guys are different.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's all about how folks perceive smokers and what they'll do these days to avoid or be with them, donchaknow?

I wish they WOULD avoid me. I'd wear a sign that said, Caution - Smoker! if it would keep fussbudget non-smokers away from me. Unfortunately, I think that would just draw them so they could whine and complain and "care" about my health. :ohwell: