Are smokers icky?

What do you think of smokers?

• I don't care. It's their life (short but theirs)

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • I smoke.

Votes: 23 22.3%
  • They are nasty, icky, gross

Votes: 44 42.7%
  • I like to hang around smokers for the free second hand smoke.

Votes: 8 7.8%

• Total voters

SoMDGirl42

We need a pole for drinkers.

I've never heard a call come over the scanner about a icky smoker walking down Great Mills Road, but I've heard plenty of them for a highly intoxicated person walking down the middle of the road.

At least smokers don't loose their mental abilities to drive or operate heavy machinery. I can reason with a smoker majority of the time. Ever try to reason with a drunk? Baahaaa haaa

I say drunks are way more icky than smokers. :jerry:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
But they're in denial if they think they don't smell or the smell only bothers those who have hyper-sensitive olfactories.

What I was saying is that since you non-smokers have quarantined yourselves (or us, as the case may be), you smell smoke acutely because you're not used to it. Similar to when I walk into a friend's house and smell their dogs immediately, but I won't smell cats because I have cats of my own. I can smell dogs on my friends who have them, much like a non-smoker can smell cigarettes (although I don't find dog smell unpleasant).

If you sniffed Christy, you would smell cigarettes on her. I do not smell it - she smells like shampoo or cologne to me. mAlice doesn't smell like cigarettes, but her husband smells like cigars - I don't smell the cigarettes but I do smell the cigars.

sockgirl77

What I was saying is that since you non-smokers have quarantined yourselves (or us, as the case may be), you smell smoke acutely because you're not used to it. Similar to when I walk into a friend's house and smell their dogs immediately, but I won't smell cats because I have cats of my own. I can smell dogs on my friends who have them, much like a non-smoker can smell cigarettes (although I don't find dog smell unpleasant).

If you sniffed Christy, you would smell cigarettes on her. I do not smell it - she smells like shampoo or cologne to me. mAlice doesn't smell like cigarettes, but her husband smells like cigars - I don't smell the cigarettes but I do smell the cigars.

It is like dog and cat owners. They do not smell the stench of their animals because they smell it on a daily basis. But if I, a non-pet owner, comes in their house I gag at the stench. :lol:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08

It is like dog and cat owners. They do not smell the stench of their animals because they smell it on a daily basis. But if I, a non-pet owner, comes in their house I gag at the stench. :lol:

:bawl: Are you guys saying my house stinks?

Christy

b*tch rocket

I'm just a cornicupia of foul smells. A mix of marlboro, wet dog, and eau du pot belly pig, with a hint of cat and guinea pig. :lmao:

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm sitting here and my son and DIL's house. When I first came in last night, I smelled the dogs right away - now I don't smell them at all.

sockgirl77

I should patent it and call it "douchebag repellent". :yay:

I need some of that but I'll call it men repellent. Oh wait, I already have that. It a concoxion (sp?) of juice box, dirty diapers, Lunchables, baby shampoo, glue stick, and tears. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kain99

I'm a stinky smoker but it's freezing so today, I will smell fresh as a daisy. No way you'll catch me out in that mess.

CrashTest

If any of you smokers see me out in public and want me to sniff you, just let me know. I'm a team player.

SamSpade

*Somewhat*. I've certainly lived in houses where the pet smell was making me sick. One of the primary reasons I chose to eventually keep my pets out of my bedroom at night was, I wanted SOME refuge from the bombardment of their odor. I think I know what you mean, but I used to live with a sibling who had a cement trough for a litter box and multiple cats. I swear, you could smell the place from OUTSIDE. I've certainly spent a fortune over the years getting rid of lingering pet odors.

Ditto body odor. Maybe you can't always smell your own, but in a men's gym, you can smell it everywhere. You don't get accustomed to it. When your spouse or significant other fouls the powder room, you do notice it no matter how often it happens.

Same goes for foul baby butt smell. I never get used to my boy's smell, but it usually doesn't make me throw up.

I think it was George Carlin who pointed out that your own farts smell GOOD to you. Uhh. Not always. Sometimes I can't hold my breath that long.

K

Kain99

There is absolutely nothing worse than cat odor. Homes with cats stink to high heaven.

Christy

b*tch rocket
There is absolutely nothing worse than cat odor. Homes with cats stink to high heaven.

Only homes where the litter box isn't tended to frequently, or the cat has taken a liking to peeing on everything. It is almost impossible to rid a place of the smell of cat urine.

The worst smell in the world is butt juice from a dog with anal gland problems. My mom's dog had leaky butt on my leg when we were driving home once. We made a rapid stop and I was stripping off my pants on the side of the road. Freakin nasty. :barf:

See, so there ya go you whiney smoke haters, there are far worse smelling things to worry about. Ever drive by a paper plant? I bet the residents of Tacoma Washington think cigarette smoke is divine by comparison. :jet: