Votes: 23 39.0%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • not sure, but glad abortion wasn't an option

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
I was a planned oops. They planned to have me, but not 42 weeks after the wedding. My brother (16 months younger) was planned, but my sis was a product of anitbiotics and the pill (4 years 1 month younger).

K

Katie

I wasn't an oops I was planned. Now my baby brother he was a TOTAL oops.

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
BuddyLee said:
OK let us take this route. We seem to be doing just fine with abortion. However, without abortion would you be the first to fork up some dough out of your wallet for the taxes that will more than likely increase? I believe we are growing economically, so is China and look at their abortion system. If you have too many children in the system you are putting a burden on the system. There will be even more competition, more conflict, more violence, more problems, more taxes, the people won't be happy.
We are ,are we. Why do you think our Government doesn't close the southern borders..Dur We need population for economic growth.
Have you ever heard of baby boomer's?
The same things were said then that are being said now.
OMG Kids are having kids, All these kids are not worth beans.
But now look,, Cadillac the most expensive US car manufacture is targeting those same worthless children of yester year with the same Led Zeppelin songs, that our parents swore was rotting our brains.
My point is, it all works out and population is going to grow either way.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
otter said:
One of 9..there are no oops in Catholicism.
:yeahthat: Same with my mom - one of 9 (that lived to adulthood), plus they had a couple of others that they informally adopted. Her mom was one of 17. One of my great-uncles died last year and the obit was amazingly long when they listed all of his siblings.

jaie

So happy!
There is no doubt I was a BIG oops. My mom got preggers with me when she was 14. My kid was an oops too. I was 20 though so it wasn't as bad.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
jaie said:
My mom got preggers with me when she was 14.
Now I'm interested and I hope you don't mind me being nosy.

How did she manage that? Did she marry your father or live with her folks? Was abortion an option and she just didn't want to have one, or was this long enough ago that abortions weren't done?

If you don't want to answer, just tell me plainly to mind my own business. I'm just interested in how they did back in the day vs. how they do now that abortion is so common. Larry's ex's mother was pregnant at 15 and a child bride - but they were Kentucky hillbillies and it wasn't so unusual for girls to marry that young.

jaie

So happy!
vraiblonde said:
Now I'm interested and I hope you don't mind me being nosy.

How did she manage that? Did she marry your father or live with her folks? Was abortion an option and she just didn't want to have one, or was this long enough ago that abortions weren't done?

If you don't want to answer, just tell me plainly to mind my own business. I'm just interested in how they did back in the day vs. how they do now that abortion is so common. Larry's ex's mother was pregnant at 15 and a child bride - but they were Kentucky hillbillies and it wasn't so unusual for girls to marry that young.
There was no dad involed.(No support from him ever eather. )We lived my grandparents untill i was 12. They made her get a job as so as she was old enough and they took her money from her and made sure I had what I needed.

My grandparents wanted her to get an abortion but she didn't want to so didn't make her. I think it was legal around the time I was born.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
jaie said:
I think it was legal around the time I was born.
I checked your profile and did some math - your Mom is a few years younger than me, 38 or 39. So I'm travelling back in time to when I was in school and what happened with girls who got pregnant that young back then.

Abortion was legal before you were born but it was almost NEVER done, at least not where I grew up. The handful of girls in my high school that got pregnant all had their babies and not a single one of them got an abortion - they either raised the baby with parental help or adopted out.

Interesting how things have changed over the last generation.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Me and my twin were an oops. My twin miscarried so my folks were stuck with me. My parents had been married three years before I came along. My sister was planned so I could have a playmate.

BuddyLee

Football addict
gumbo said:
We are ,are we. Why do you think our Government doesn't close the southern borders..Dur We need population for economic growth.
Have you ever heard of baby boomer's?
The same things were said then that are being said now.
OMG Kids are having kids, All these kids are not worth beans.
But now look,, Cadillac the most expensive US car manufacture is targeting those same worthless children of yester year with the same Led Zeppelin songs, that our parents swore was rotting our brains.
My point is, it all works out and population is going to grow either way.
I don't know about all this Gumby. I don't think we're closing the borders because of many reasons, liberal nutties hootin' and hollerin' for one. As far as the baby boom I don't think America really expected to have 'such a boom' and even after as much I don't think they would have expected Social Security to run down like it has. I will agree that population will grow either way, it still is. However, if everyone kept their babies we would assuredly be the next China. Go do a little research on the land-o-China.:biggrin:

janey83

Twenty Something
I think it's safe to say that I was planned; my parents had been married for 10 years and my brother is 4 years older than me.

On the case of abortion, I personally don't believe in it but just because I don't believe in it, doesn't mean that everyone feels the same way. Sooo....if abortion was illegal, women would still find ways to get it done -- but it would most likely be in an unsafe, unsanitary manner. Therefore, if abortion was legalized across the board, women would have a choice & at least be able to get it done by a licensed health professional. That's my 2 cents.

sockgirl77

janey83 said:
I think it's safe to say that I was planned; my parents had been married for 10 years and my brother is 4 years older than me.
Not necessarily. Maybe they weren't planning on anymore kids. Or maybe they wanted to wait another 4 years. Just a thought. :shrug:

janey83

Twenty Something
sockgirl77 said:
Not necessarily. Maybe they weren't planning on anymore kids. Or maybe they wanted to wait another 4 years. Just a thought. :shrug:

:lol: I wasn't there, that's what I'm just guessing

kingpl2

Noone is an oops

I ws planned before the dawn of creation!! Everyone was created on purpose ...it may have been against someone's intent but no one was created against God's intent - He created them. We only procreate He is the only author of life.

..Regarding too many people that nonsense has been pushed for over 40 years now and the pill was supposed to solve our society's problem. It has not it has only made matters worse. I invite everyone to hear a talk about the origin and purpose of planned parenthood and the legacy of Margaret Sangar here:

http://www.smclife.org/St Marys Rig...L -Planned Parenthood Origin and Purpose.mp3

kingpl2

janey83 said:

On the case of abortion, I personally don't believe in it but just because I don't believe in it, doesn't mean that everyone feels the same way. Sooo....if abortion was illegal, women would still find ways to get it done -- but it would most likely be in an unsafe, unsanitary manner. Therefore, if abortion was legalized across the board, women would have a choice & at least be able to get it done by a licensed health professional. That's my 2 cents.
Are you aware there is absolutely no health regulations on any abortion facility in the state of Maryland.
There are inspections of veterinary hospitals but not of abortion facilities. It is not safe for the mother either. (of course she is not a "mother" unless she birth's the "growth" so I wonder why pro-choice people call her that?)

There are no inspections for cleanliness or anything of the kind protecting her.