athletic shoes

Dakota

~~~~~~~
3 years ago, I bought 5 pairs of athletic shoes so I really haven’t had the need to shop for any since. But today, after noticing my shoes are stained, worn, etc., I decided to go out and get some new ones. It seemed like all the athletic shoes looked like space shoes. They all had bright colors like lime, neon blue, hot pink, purple, red, road cone orange, yellow, and some sort of crazy green. In addition, a majority of them had plastic stripes.

Because I tend to be hard to fit, I had to look at what fits first before I got hung up on color and style. Nearly 1-1 1/2 hours later, I settled on these...

K-Swiss Tubes Run 100 Women's Running Shoe | FinishLine.com | Black Fade/Neon Blue

http://erica102289.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/skechers_shape_ups.jpg

But even on the K-swiss shoes, that neon blue is very bright (the picture doesn't really show that but it is..) and they have those new TUBES... which is air keeping your foot cool. It actually tickles a little when walking.

Anyway, I felt a little overwhelmed at how much shoes have changed in just 3 years... even men's shoes were just as LOUD as the women's shoes.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I bought a pair of nike free runs +2..love them. Awesome running shoes and I haven't had a single minute of foot or ankle issues..they are designed to be a step up or so from barefoot running shoes like vibrams..a step up as in the have a little more support and protection. My feet are pretty strong from ballet still, so a real light shoe works great for me. Anyway, I almost bought super cute hot pink ones, but settled on the all black pair because I was concerned about matching. Next pair, though I think I will get the bright and crazy pair. They're fun, and matching doesn't relly matter much I've found. Sooo the bright ones will add a little fun.

Also, I got my gym shoes (for lifting, classes etc) at walmart of all places..that way I could pay a few bucks for them and spend a little more on my running shoes and only use them for running to increase their life. They're all black too.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I have hard time finding athletic shoes also, and like Dakota, my problem is all the bright colors. I also wear my athletic shoes to the office in jeans now and then, so I don't want anything loud.

Another problem I have is many of them have a big "heel" area in that the molding around the lower heel makes them show look more clunky. I have a small body frame, and I'm short, so if I wear shoes that are not streamlined, I end up looking like I have HUGE shoes on.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
You can get New Balance in plain old white - I don't like colors on my shoes, either. These are what mine look like:
New Balance 1004 Women's Tennis/Court Shoes | WCT1004W | shopnewbalance.com

I had my mind set on a pair of New Balance and tried on 4 pairs. I have square Barney Rubble feet and I have to have arch support. The 4 pairs they had lacked arch support but then again, none looked like the ones you posted. They do look like they have arch support and the gray color is nice.
I think I'm going to have to venture out to Annapolis to find more selection.

Ark,

See above ^... I always look like I have big feet. :ohwell:

And if I feel any sort of rubbing on the front near the pinky toe... back they go.

LT,

I saw the Free Runs - they didn't have my size in women's so I tried on a few pairs of the men's shoes but couldn't bring myself to purchase men's shoes. :lmao:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I had my mind set on a pair of New Balance and tried on 4 pairs. I have square Barney Rubble feet and I have to have arch support. The 4 pairs they had lacked arch support but then again, none looked like the ones you posted. They do look like they have arch support and the gray color is nice.
I think I'm going to have to venture out to Annapolis to find more selection.

Ark,

See above ^... I always look like I have big feet. :ohwell:

And if I feel any sort of rubbing on the front near the pinky toe... back they go.

I must have Barny Rubble feet too, and can't handle my pinky toe being crowded either, so I end up getting a C width in some shoes. Oh I also need arch support but usually end up with inserts for that. I did find some adhesive arch support inserts for sandals too .....

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Throw them in the washing machine

I did toss in 1 pair - Actually they look great now and are almost dry. :yay:

But the other 3... ahhhh they are in pretty bad shape. I tossed 1 pair and will keep the other 2 for yard work. I have 1 pair missing and have no clue where they are. I will have to look for those and since I haven't seen them in a while - they have to be in okay shape. So I may actually still have 4 pairs of athletic shoes in good shape. I know that sounds like a lot - cuz most men only have like 2 but I need 4... actually I need 5. :lol:

I am hard on shoes. When I was growing up and my father had to buy them, he would get so aggravated with me. Really aggravated… I could tear up a pair of shoes wearing them every day for 1-month. It was nothing for me to go to school with my shoes talking. So now... when I find something that fits well and I like them... I buy several - sometimes even in the same color.

I need to do some dress shoe replacements also but I totally dread shoe shopping as is... and I'm not ready to deal with that entirely different issue just yet.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I like my Nike Bowermans and my Nike Dual Fusions (that come in crazy colors). My most favorite running shoes are my Under Armours though... my knees don't ache and I can run for a long time without getting achy.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
When I look for athletic shoes I make a point to find the most obnoxious pair in the store. Right now I have Nike Dual Fusions and they make me happy. :dance:

Attachments

• AAAAC3XrHXwAAAAAAO9mgQ.jpg
    AAAAC3XrHXwAAAAAAO9mgQ.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 107

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Wirelessly posted

I want a pair of the AdiRose 2.5...

Like these???

adidas adizero Rose 2.5 Red Shoes

I swear some of you are brave. I don't really want to bring any attention to my feet.

Chasey,

Under Armours are at Dicks right? I'd like to try those on and haven't been to the new Dicks in the park yet. I get so annoyed when I hit the one in Waldorf... it is like "hello.... *echo* anyone back here to help customers?"

My step-mother hit the store today for shoes - called to tell me she loves the hot pink K-Swiss - got herself a pair and the purple Easytones. She's almost 70 years old but doesn't look it. I betcha she is gonna look adorable in them. :lmao:

Throw them in the washing machine

You have a machine that fixes wear? Awesome!

3 years ago, I bought 5 pairs of athletic shoes so I really haven’t had the need to shop for any since. But today, after noticing my shoes are stained, worn, etc., I decided to go out and get some new ones. It seemed like all the athletic shoes looked like space shoes. They all had bright colors like lime, neon blue, hot pink, purple, red, road cone orange, yellow, and some sort of crazy green. In addition, a majority of them had plastic stripes.

Because I tend to be hard to fit, I had to look at what fits first before I got hung up on color and style. Nearly 1-1 1/2 hours later, I settled on these...

K-Swiss Tubes Run 100 Women's Running Shoe#| FinishLine.com | Black Fade/Neon Blue

http://erica102289.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/skechers_shape_ups.jpg

But even on the K-swiss shoes, that neon blue is very bright (the picture doesn't really show that but it is..) and they have those new TUBES... which is air keeping your foot cool. It actually tickles a little when walking.

Anyway, I felt a little overwhelmed at how much shoes have changed in just 3 years... even men's shoes were just as LOUD as the women's shoes.

I quite looking in stores and go online.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I like my Nike Bowermans and my Nike Dual Fusions (that come in crazy colors). My most favorite running shoes are my Under Armours though... my knees don't ache and I can run for a long time without getting achy.

I love under armour anything..that and lululemon. I'm too poor to afford any of it though :bawl: I'm gonna have to start hooking for workout clothes. Though I did promise myself when I reach my running goal I'm buying a pair of those under armour spandex running shorts with the wide under armour band. That's what keeps me running :lmao:

Pete

Repete
I love under armour anything..that and lululemon. I'm too poor to afford any of it though :bawl: I'm gonna have to start hooking for workout clothes. Though I did promise myself when I reach my running goal I'm buying a pair of those under armour spandex running shorts with the wide under armour band. That's what keeps me running :lmao:
I have a VIP account at UA.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
You have a machine that fixes wear? Awesome!

I quite looking in stores and go online.

No, it fixes stains. I wish it would fix wear. :ohwell:

I cannot go online at all. I have several pairs of shoes here already that I ordered online that don't fit right. I have to put them on my feet to be sure they can handle all I have to offer. :lmao:

Pete

Repete

Wait until your monster starts playing sports. I was shocked to be told that you simply cannot play football without "compression shorts" which are basically $45 underwear.

From our last trip I grabbed a hoodie that was 2X and made the mistake of not trying it on first. It is more like a L and I hate it. :frown: