Atkins Thread

Re: Re: Help

Originally posted by PFgal
Pepperoni and cheese cubes is what I grab nearly every morning. Oh, and pepperoni with cream cheese is great, too. Sugar-free Jell-O with whipped cream is also SUPER! I eat that at least 1-2x per day. You can also cook bacon ahead of time and heat & eat on your way out. Induction is tough and doesn't give a whole lot of options, but after that you have more flexibility. Are you still in the induction phase, or past that?

Its not really Atkins but it's called Carbohydrate Addicts. the basic plan is to eat breakfast and lunch with Atkins like meals and then for dinner you can have whatever you want ( not binge like, but a balanced meal). The only restrictions are no snacking between meals and the reward meal ( dinner) has to be eaten within an hour. I read the book and it and it has something do with the insulin is released in your body. I lost 3 pounds the first week, but now my scale broke so I couldn't tell you about this week

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Re: Help

Originally posted by workin hard
I'm doing an Atkins like diet and I'm running out of thing to eat in the morning.
If you're not really hungry but want something in the morning try one of these --->
007910833024.jpg

The "chocolate fudge" taste just like chocolate milk. There's only 1 impact carb, 100 calories, 3 gms fat, and 15gms protein.

BJ's sell them.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Re: Re: Help

Originally posted by Sharon
If you're not really hungry but want something in the morning try one of these --->
007910833024.jpg

The "chocolate fudge" taste just like chocolate milk. There's only 1 impact carb, 100 calories, 3 gms fat, and 15gms protein.

BJ's sell them.

I tried those and they were horrific, maybe I just got the wrong flavor - can't remember which I tried. I also don't like any of the 'bars,' even by the brandnames that I usually like. :shrug:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by PFgal
I tried those and they were horrific, maybe I just got the wrong flavor - can't remember which I tried. I also don't like any of the 'bars,' even by the brandnames that I usually like. :shrug:

It's the only manufactured food I'll have, and it satisfies my need for chocolate. I didn't test any of the other flavors but I tried a lot of the chocolate drinks and most are yucky. Don't even get me started on the "bars". :barf:

C

czygvtwkr

10 lbs down

Just discovered Total Protein Low Carb Cerial, its very good and half the price of that Keto crap. Had a bowl for breakfast with soy milk.

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
Originally posted by czygvtwkr
10 lbs down

Just discovered Total Protein Low Carb Cerial, its very good and half the price of that Keto crap. Had a bowl for breakfast with soy milk.

:yay: Keep up the good work!

JabbaJawz

Be about it
The Pure De-lite low-carb peanut butter covered pretzels (and the regular chocolate covered ones) are to die for!! And only 4 grams in the bag. :yum:

meme

The Smart Hooker
PFgal said:
The Pure De-lite low-carb peanut butter covered pretzels (and the regular chocolate covered ones) are to die for!! And only 4 grams in the bag. :yum:

Hey PF...

I was just wondering how the Atkins Diet was working for you after having the little one? I'm getting ready to "pop" soon and I am sooooooo ready to start dieting!

JabbaJawz

Be about it
meme said:
Hey PF...

I was just wondering how the Atkins Diet was working for you after having the little one? I'm getting ready to "pop" soon and I am sooooooo ready to start dieting!

Doing great! Not too far from my pre-pregnancy weight now. :cheers:

meme

The Smart Hooker
PFgal said:
Doing great! Not too far from my pre-pregnancy weight now. :cheers:

Congrats!

Is hubby on it too? My hubby has gained some weight since I have been pregnant. He suggests that its "sympathy calories" he consuming, but says that if I do start Atkins, he will will stick to it.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
meme said:
Congrats!

Is hubby on it too? My hubby has gained some weight since I have been pregnant. He suggests that its "sympathy calories" he consuming, but says that if I do start Atkins, he will will stick to it.

Yes, we both eat a low-carb diet. He's actually the one who turned me on to the idea a while back! :yay:

J

jmo2276

if your preggers and plannin to nurse when you have the baby you better ask the doctor because they do require you to eat so many calories etc a day and get all the right nutirients(sorry cant spell well) for the baby to have.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
jmo2276 said:
if your preggers and plannin to nurse when you have the baby you better ask the doctor because they do require you to eat so many calories etc a day and get all the right nutirients(sorry cant spell well) for the baby to have.

The maintenance phase of Atkins is perfectly acceptable for pregnant and nursing mothers. :cheers:

suzeQ

Occasional User
meme said:
Congrats!

Meme,

Be prepared, because he will likely lose much faster than you do. It doesn't seem fair, but men always lose faster.

meme

The Smart Hooker
I went out and bought the Atkins for Life book. Haven't really started reading yet. I did notice that they had alot of recipes in the book. Has anyone tried the recipes and if so, was it any good?

TrainHer

Resistance training

Nickel said:
Good breeding I guess. :diva: I know posting this in the Atkins thread will open me up for bashing, but I eat a lot, and have a hard time actually keeping weight on. My mom was like me when she was younger, and started gaining weight after her 3rd child, which she had in her 30s. I wouldn't be surprised if she hadn't had my brother and was still tiny. My dad has always been thin, too. I'll probably be like my mom, and eventually gain weight, but it's beginning to be an issue for me now, I'm looking into ways to gain weight (just eating a lot isn't working). A lot of people don't realize that being skinny is almost as bad as being fat. :shrug:
Do you lift weights? A couple months of intense weight lifting ( no cardio)
Whould have you looking great ( not saying you don't already )
I had a clinet that weight 101 and was 5'9 now she weighs 120 and its all curvacious ! She upped her Protien and Carbs ( healthy ones.. Brown rice etc) and I pushed her to lift more then she thought she could. She is steadly climbing the ladder. Good luck!!!
My sister is the same way.. she is A tiny thing, but eats all the time and enough junk to open a 7/11. People comment all the time... " damn your skinny" Girl, don't you eat" It really ticks her off.. she says she wouldn't go up to an overweight stranger and say.." damn your fat , don't you stop eating " But she likes shopping in the childrens section, so no weights for her

CHILLEN

Is anyone interested in ephedra these days or is everyone afraid after the scare on tv? If you tried it, I am interested in knowing if it worked for you.