Atkins Thread

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
Originally posted by BuddyLee
As I have said before believe what you want and I will do the same for my benefit. If you don't like the inkling of research that I have presented, do your own. You may be shocked with what you find if you do the research.:bubble:

If I do the research? How 'bout you do some research, then we can talk. As far as I can see, you didn't cite any credible sources, which leads me to believe you haven't done your homework (no pun intended :wink:).

Anyhow, I did quite a bit of researching before starting Atkins and I will continue to do so. I've also had lab tests done in regards to cholesterol, etc (before and after). The results have proven that this lifestyle is in no way harmful to my health and has even improved it.

I know your response will be, but what about long term effects? Right? My response to that is, if there is no data in reference to the long term effects of Atkins, why are you claiming it's so harmful in the long run?:confused:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Originally posted by ememdee19
If I do the research? How 'bout you do some research, then we can talk. As far as I can see, you didn't cite any credible sources, which leads me to believe you haven't done your homework (no pun intended :wink:).

Anyhow, I did quite a bit of researching before starting Atkins and I will continue to do so. I've also had lab tests done in regards to cholesterol, etc (before and after). The results have proven that this lifestyle is in no way harmful to my health and has even improved it.

I know your response will be, but what about long term effects? Right? My response to that is, if there is no data in reference to the long term effects of Atkins, why are you claiming it's so harmful in the long run?:confused:

As I told czygvtwkr, I think we can agree to disagree. We both have read contrasting views and have our minds set and neither of us are going to change the others mind. I've done my homework and you have done yours, let's see what's what down the road.

:wink:

C

czygvtwkr

Originally posted by BuddyLee
Calling me a grocery bagger was a cheap shot and you know it is. Just because I work in a grocery store does not mean I am bagging groceries not that there is anything wrong with those that do, whatever pays the bills I say.

I am following a number of credible sources whereas you are following a mere book and all the other bandwagoners.

No it wasn't ment that way, sorry you took it that way. I worked in a grocery store when I was your age too....hated it. I always felt bad about changing the dates on the meat.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Screw this debate & let's get back on topic. :rolleyes: After all, this thread is supposed to be support system for those who do the diet, not a place for those who don't to b*tch at the rest of us about being unhealthy. Now....

I just had a very tasty omelette. :yum: :yum: :yum:

Husband and I started induction again on Monday and I can see great results already. :banana:

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
Originally posted by PFgal
Husband and I started induction again on Monday and I can see great results already. :banana:

Awesome! :clap:

I went to the dr. yesterday and I've lost 7 lbs in approx. 20 days.:dance: :dance:

Originally posted by ememdee19
I was pretty excited!!! Gives me more motivation to keep on truckin'!!!!
Em... isn't it your dad who is diabetic and lost a lot of weight on Atkins... if so, how is he doing now...:confused:

Help

I'm doing an Atkins like diet and I'm running out of thing to eat in the morning. I'm getting sick of frozen omelets and I don't have time to cook. Any suggestions?
Not a big fan of sausage either.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Re: Help

Originally posted by workin hard
I'm doing an Atkins like diet and I'm running out of thing to eat in the morning. I'm getting sick of frozen omelets and I don't have time to cook. Any suggestions?
Not a big fan of sausage either.

Pepperoni and cheese cubes is what I grab nearly every morning. Oh, and pepperoni with cream cheese is great, too. Sugar-free Jell-O with whipped cream is also SUPER! I eat that at least 1-2x per day. You can also cook bacon ahead of time and heat & eat on your way out. Induction is tough and doesn't give a whole lot of options, but after that you have more flexibility. Are you still in the induction phase, or past that?