August Wedding

Blondie76

What are the best colors and flowers to use for an August wedding? I'm having a horrible time trying to decide. :jameo:

Blondie76 said:
What are the best colors and flowers to use for an August wedding? I'm having a horrible time trying to decide. :jameo:
Is your wedding outdoors? If it is, I think pale yellow with plenty of daisies would be so pretty.

Your florist should be able to tell you the perfect flowers for August. But I found this on the web:
The following flowers are usually available for summer weddings:

Asters
Bachelor's button
Bells of Ireland
Blue lace flower
Blue salvia
Calla Lilies
Clematis
Cornflower
Daisies
Delphinium
Eremurus
Forget-Me-Nots
Honeysuckle
Iris Joepye weed
Larkspur
Lilies
Lysimachia
Peonies
Phlox
Queen Anne’s Lace
Rosemary
Sedum
Shasts Daisies
Snowballs
Stock
Sunflower
Sweet Peas
Sweet William
Tuberoses
Zinnias
Again, this is just a guideline – check with your local florist as to what is available.

W

Wenchy

Gardenias

They would go with any other colors you have in the wedding, and they smell soooooooooo good!

Attachments

• GardeniaBouquet3.jpg
    GardeniaBouquet3.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 124

Blondie76

Those colors are pretty Pixie!

The wedding is inside - it will be way to hot to have it outside and my hair would frizz - lol. Thanks for the list Speedy! That will help a lot.

Blondie76 said:

The wedding is inside - it will be way to hot to have it outside and my hair would frizz - lol. Thanks for the list Speedy! That will help a lot.

Regardless, I still vote for daisies. :razz: I've seen pictures of weddings done in that theme and they're so pretty. Have you tried the DC local board on theknot.com?

Blondie76

Speedy70 said:
Regardless, I still vote for daisies. :razz: I've seen pictures of weddings done in that theme and they're so pretty. Have you tried the DC local board on theknot.com?

Daisies are pretty and I believe they come in different colors. Haven't tried the DC local board yet. I will take a look. Thanks :smile:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Blondie76 said:

The first pic was small calla lilies. Bright pink roses are pretty as well.

Last edited:

Blondie76

Someone gave me red karma with this nice little note:

August Wedding 02-07-2007 09:11 AM It's to hot to be getting married in August, everyone will be all sweaty and nasty

What's up with that?? If your gonna leave negative karma why don't you sign your name to it??? Geesh! lol

Blondie76

pixiegirl said:
The first pic was small calla lilies. Bright pink roses are pretty as well.

I like those too. I like pink - I don't want it to be some crazy bright pink - something kind of soft.

W

Wenchy

Blondie76 said:
I like those too. I like pink - I don't want it to be some crazy bright pink - something kind of soft.

What color of dresses will the bridesmaids be wearing? I am ASSuming that you will be wearing white.

Wenchy said:
What color of dresses will the bridesmaids be wearing? I am ASSuming that you will be wearing white.

A lot of brides these days don't wear 'white', but 'ivory' instead. It went so much better with my complexion. :shrug:

Blondie76

Wenchy said:

No clue what the color of the bridesmaids dresses will be. I know the style - strapless and tea length. I will probably go with ivory for my dress - not 100% sure. I guess it depends on what dress I decide to get and what looks best on me.

Blondie76 said:
No clue what the color of the bridesmaids dresses will be. I know the style - strapless and tea length. I will probably go with ivory for my dress - not 100% sure. I guess it depends on what dress I decide to get and what looks best on me.

Just a tidbit, stay away from Beautiful Bride in Waldorf. They're a disaster!!

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I was married in August, and the colors I chose were pale pink and pale green. My flowers were jade roses and alstroemeria. I'll see if I can rustle up a picture somewhere.

Blondie76

Speedy70 said:
Just a tidbit, stay away from Beautiful Bride in Waldorf. They're a disaster!!

I really want to try on the Watters brand of dresses. They have some really beautiful dresses. They have a store in Alexandria that carries them. I was thinking about going to David's Bridal as well. There were a couple on there website that I liked.