[B]She is at it again[/B]

morganj614

elaine said:
Power struggle or not, where do you draw the line on the ex taking advantage?

That's why I said SHE first and maybe just a little for him. If she normally has Fridays off but knew the class was coming then it was up to her to have a plan. I agree.

fddog

Bow wow
Dougstermd said:
Ok I called the ex on monday to tell her school was dismissing early she wanted me to take off work I told her I couldn't.
Then she had my son call me tuesday and see if I would pick him up from her office I told him I was sorry but I could not. I called her and told her that guilt trip was FU.
Then she calls me this morning and says school will probally be cancelled tomorrow could I take off because she has a class in Waldorf. Again I told her to FO. I told her that she has full physical custody and that is her responsibility she argued we have joint custody and that my weekends really commence at 0800 on Friday.

We have joint legal custody with her having Sole Physical Custody and I get "Normal Visitation" every other weekend and every other holiday. I think I am perfectly right telling her to FO and deal with this herself. What experience has everyone else had with these matters?:confused:
:confused: did we marry the same woman, I have joint physical custody. My ex calls the other day and says i need to take jr more, now i get him 2 days less a year than she does and pay child support, which is not a big deal, but i explained if i take him more time i will pay my support directly to the day care and not her, she went off. I asked why should i pay her and have hime 60% of the time. She said it cost money to raise a child, yeah i know i buy all his stuff. :war:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Now if he comes back and says his son is 15 or 16..

Can't you have a daycare like on retainer (for lack of a better word), to where if you get in a situation like this one or two days a month you can drop him off?

dustin

UAIOE
itsbob said:
Now if he comes back and says his son is 15 or 16..

Can't you have a daycare like on retainer (for lack of a better word), to where if you get in a situation like this one or two days a month you can drop him off?
I don't know about that. Around here daycare is so full you'd have better luck seeing if the Amish would watch your kid.

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
Dougstermd said:
Ok I called the ex on monday to tell her school was dismissing early she wanted me to take off work I told her I couldn't.
Then she had my son call me tuesday and see if I would pick him up from her office I told him I was sorry but I could not. I called her and told her that guilt trip was FU.
Then she calls me this morning and says school will probally be cancelled tomorrow could I take off because she has a class in Waldorf. Again I told her to FO. I told her that she has full physical custody and that is her responsibility she argued we have joint custody and that my weekends really commence at 0800 on Friday.

We have joint legal custody with her having Sole Physical Custody and I get "Normal Visitation" every other weekend and every other holiday. I think I am perfectly right telling her to FO and deal with this herself. What experience has everyone else had with these matters?:confused:

Dougstermd, I did that alot when I was a single mom. The ex worked two jobs, and never had time to help me out, let alone barely see him every other weekend. I understood, and learned to deal with things alone. Enter hubby #2, totally dedicated to my son. He usually volunteers to take off when I am sick. He is the one who talked to my son about the facts of life, taught him how to play soccer, shoot a bow and arrow, etc. My son got burned real bad once and had to be flown by helicopter to Children's. It was step-dad that spent the night with my son, his own father came up for a short while and had to "get back to work." My hubby never tried to step on the ex's toes, my ex is always so busy so my hubby picks up the slack. Now, when my son refers to his "parents", it is my husband and me. I do have a good relationship with my ex, who now regrets not to being around more often. My ex told me the other day all my son talks about is his step-dad. The moral of the story is do not let this happen to you. Kids are smarter than you think, and I am sure your ex will not stay single forever.

Last edited:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
What does the visitation agreement say about your times? Mine says 6:00pm Friday till 6:00pm Sunday. Since she has physical custody, she's the one that's supposed to make arrangements for school emergencys.
My X hit me up with having the boy stay with me for a indefinate period because she was "stressed". After a couple of weeks, I asked her for her house number for the change of custody procedings and she got Un-stressed real quick.
I also get the boy Mondays and Wednesdays from 6-9 which isn't in the agreement but it gives her a couple of evenings out during the week and I get to spend more time with him.
It's up to you to determine weather or not you're being a doormat. I found that suggesting a change of custody if the child is causing the X to many problems works wonders.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
aps45819 said:
I found that suggesting a change of custody if the child is causing the X to many problems works wonders.

That's probably not a bad idea.

citysherry

I Need a Beer
My dh and I have resorted to flipping a coin and/or rock, paper, scissors when one of us needs to stay home with the kids.

Qurious

Im On 1.
Dougstermd said:

wow....

Your his father. Bury the beef for the sake of your child. its quite clear your not picking him up because of friction between you and the mom and that is not fair.

Parents are to work together not apart.

what benefit does this have to the child if the father feels he only has to pick him up when he's "told" to.....

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Dougstermd said:

F*** her, maybe she'll lose custody and you can get him.