Bad Roads

G

Gemmi

Scanner going...

I think they are closing down Rousby Hall Road near the front entrance to CRE.

Don't know if it is related but at about 4:45, I saw a car that ran off the road and was in a ditch. Trooper had just arrived; no ambulance. Looked like they were going to need one. It was on RHR after one of the curves...

SLOW DOWN out there!

Something going on Mill Bridge Rd, too.

I drove from Carroll County to St. Mary's this afternoon. There was no snow until I got on Rt. 4 from I-95. The roads were bad all the way down here to Dameron. I have a Subaru and the all wheel drive kicked in several times. I almost couldn't stop at the Park Hall Road/Rt. 235 intersection. And I was not driving fast. It was a huge relief to finally get home as those roads were getting real slippery.

M

MistysDaddy08

I just drove from the firehouse to my house in Waldorf, no problems, kudos go to the snowplow operators, Route 301 had no problems, saw about 35 plows on the roads, great job guys

shannonbrio

Indian Bridge Road??

Anyone know what Indian Bridge Rd looks like? Trying to get to the base, just wondering if I should go down to Rt 5 or St. Andrew's to Rt 235...

TIA

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Anyone know what Indian Bridge Rd looks like? Trying to get to the base, just wondering if I should go down to Rt 5 or St. Andrew's to Rt 235...

TIA

I'd take a main street if I were you. Plows probably haven't gotten to Indian Bridge yet.

O

ovred

I'm staying home today.If my boss wants me to come to work,they better come get me.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
The last time I went to work in the snow, I got there only to be told to turn around and go home. Wondering if it's worth it to try to drive up there this morning.

Ziptie

Yea, I'm only going in if my boss returns my call and tells me that he is in. If your boss doesn't go to work, that means you get a free day off, right?

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Yea, I'm only going in if my boss returns my call and tells me that he is in. If your boss doesn't go to work, that means you get a free day off, right?

Since I work in a doctors office, I'm just wondering if I go in, will patients show up? If I had a doctors appointment today, I sure wouldn't go, but that's just me.

BOP

TIA

Are you crazy!!!???

I'm not going in...big surprise to my boss. I will call him, though....we do have those formalities to observe.

I can't tell where my driveway is, nor where the road (since it's not paved) is. I live on the back side of the CRE, and they're not known for plowing any streets where the board members don't live.

Ziptie

I just heard a call on the scanner for "Dog in need of assistance..."

Apparently someone left their dog chained up outside and they called the police because the dog was crying and the caller was handicap. Wow. I guess the police must have all other problems solved in southern Maryland.

jetmonkey

Apparently someone left their dog chained up outside and they called the police because the dog was crying and the caller was handicap. Wow. I guess the police must have all other problems solved in southern Maryland.

I'd rather they come to the aid a helpless dog and ##### slap whoever left it outside than pull some tard out of a ditch.

BOP

Don't be hatin'.

Speciest.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Since I work in a doctors office, I'm just wondering if I go in, will patients show up? If I had a doctors appointment today, I sure wouldn't go, but that's just me.

I agree. I'm in the same boat. Plows have not been to my development yet. Hubby is trying to go to work (Webster Field). Hopefully he makes it ok. Last time we had any significant snow, when the plows came through on 235 the snow pile blocked our entrance to the office. I don't even think my boss has someone to clear the parking lot.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Well, I survived the drive from Port Republic to Andrews. Only saw a couple of pickups that look like they went off the road. Rt 4 was snow-covered the entire way with a few patches of wet road. Traction was decent. I do wish the truck drivers (pickups) would slow down. But far be it for me to expect any courtesy or concern for others from those pinheads.

Drive safe folks.

O

ohsnoes

I have a 8am doctor appt in PF and I am going to call and re-schedule. No way I am going to try to get up there this morning.