Bad Roads

Bay_Kat

Tropical
My road hasn't been touched. Still have snow falling plus the snow blowing off the roof looks like a blizzard. Beautiful as long as I don't have to go out there.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Branch Ave/Rt 5 from "Dorf to Branch Ave metro is snow packed. Hard to maintain lanes as the lines are hidden. Not too bad, keep it under 50 most of the way and all should be well. Parking at Metro was a dream at 6:30. Don't know about now.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That Subaru wagon everybody calls "ghey", was passing all the big burly pickups and SUVs this morning

That's because you drive like a freakin' maniac. Please let us know if you slide and end up in a ditch because that would make my day. :smack:

PsyOps

Pixelated
Don't understand the problem :shrug:
Claeaned off the car and drove to work. Roads are fine. I did the speed limit (55 and 45) on 235. Only problem was a LOT of idiots doing 10-15mph and you have to dodge them.

I was driving a Honda CR-V (it's a 4WD). When I got over 45 I started fish-tailing. So I stayed at around 40. A pickup sped past me and the mere drag of his vehicle caused me to slide a little. THAT'S the problem. I don't think it's too much to ask you slow your @$$ down just once in a blue moon instead of thinking everyone else is the idiot. Most of us are thinking about our safety as well as others instead of our selfish impatience.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I was driving a Honda CR-V (it's a 4WD). When I got over 45 I started fish-tailing. So I stayed at around 40. A pickup sped past me and the mere drag of his vehicle caused me to slide a little. THAT'S the problem. I don't think it's too much to ask you slow your @$$ down just once in a blue moon instead of thinking everyone else is the idiot. Most of us are thinking about our safety as well as others instead of our selfish impatience.

Tell him, Psy! :yay:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
That's because you drive like a freakin' maniac. Please let us know if you slide and end up in a ditch because that would make my day. :smack:
:shrug: Sorry, dam thing won't slide even when I pull on the parking brake in a turn. It's no fun at all :bawl:

PsyOps

Pixelated
Anyone been on the roads from Lusby to Prince Frederick?

I drove the section from Port Republic to PF and it was snow-packed, but drivable. I felt better on that than if it was wet or icy actually. Of course the right lane was better than the left. And changing lanes was a little slick. Just watch out for the pinheads that think it's a race. And don't dare go in the left lane. Only certain people OWN that lane. :rolleyes:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
RC went out and plowed the entire drive right up to rt 235 (all 2 miles of it) last night until 11:30 pm, then again he was up at 5:30 doing it again...he plowed it right up to the front of my car, then came inside got me out of my nice cozy bed at 7:11 am and said there honey, you can drive the lexus to work. :burning: I looked out the front window and see he even chain sawed the branches off the tree that came down and missed the new tack building and his tractor so i could drive under it on the way out. ARRG now i GOTTA go :lol:
OOPS phone just rang, he told me to stay home, it took him almost an hour to get into the Barrack in Leonardtown in the 4 w-D big truck. He said the roads are AWFUL, with lots of accidents - so i wouldn't make it to suitland...Ahh....back under the covers.

Last edited:

Noc1ue4me

We have about a foot of snow right outside the gate to Webster Field and the street hasn't been plowed yet -- my colbolt is staying put!

hotcoffee

I just called in to work and told them I'd see them tomorrow....

We lost our electric about 11:30 last night... but it came back on about 6:30 this morning.... the wind was really howling...

I went out to scope things out... we have a foot of snow in my front yard, driveway and on the road.

There's a tree that fell some time ago in a neighbor's yard and lodged on their fence. We've been pulling the branches off the road and stacking them in their yard since then... now the remnants of the darn thing is hanging about 6' over the road, dropping inch thick branches on the road. I cleared some of them off again....

Thunderbird Drive is snow.... looked like they tried to plow it.... but with the way it's coming down.... it fills right back in....

If I got shoveled out all the way to the road [about a block] I'd still have to uncover my car.... and from what I can tell... is now just a block of ice under the snow... from the sleet and rain that was coming down before the snow started....

Nice snow storm!

Agee

Roads are driveable, but if you don't have to go out, don't. Especially if you don't have four-well drive. Got behind a guy in a compact on rt 4 heading to the 235 intersection who could not make it up the rise.

In the park there are deep piles of snow blocking alot of the entrances to businesses. I'm the only one in my office :ohwell:

M

MistysDaddy08

Just wondering if anyone knows how the roads are (Mechanicsville RD, Yowaski Mill)... I'll be driving down there in about an hour, TIA!!!

Appletini

Pegg road

If you're along Pegg Road don't go out without a 4wd vehicle and the knowledge of how to drive it. It aint very pretty.

Beavers5

Husband made it from VX 23 to Carpenter Park (by gate 2) in our sub compact without any issues. He did see several cars in ditches though. Be careful if you have to go out.

snuzzy

How are the roads in Calvert now? Around St. Leonard. A friend's husband is out of town and we'd like to help her shovel out...if we can get there!