Baltimore City P.O. vs 14 yo skateboarder

MrX

High Octane
I think that scolding the young boy got was justified..It's when the officer put him to the ground, that got under my skin......it was really unneccessary.

IMO.

Thats the part I have a problem with as well......

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
Power trip time. I believe in having respect for authority but I also have a big problem with anybody abusing their authority for the sake of their ego.

The boy did not sound all that lippy, but he could not hear because he had earplugs in. The copy initially was trying to make a point, but got too power-trippy way quick. But after the point of putting him down he was way over-the-top.

Too bad we cannot see what happened before this, if anything, to set this guy off... regardless, he should not have touched that kid.

Also, at the very end of the clip did you hear him say "that camera better not be on because if I find myself on u...." - guess what happened! :lol:

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Total abuse of authority and a disgrace to his uniform. And WTF is he driving a clown car...:lmao:

2ballscrewball

The kid was skateboarding in the inner harbor, that is a chargeable offense. The officer tells him to stop. The kids does not stop. The officer has the option of charging the kids and impounding their skateboards. The kid that initially does not stop skateboarding when asked, get mouthy. The officer attempts to impound the skateboard, the kid hugs the skateboard and refuses to give it up. The officer puts the kid on the ground to remove the skateboard from his grasp.

The officer does strike the kid, kick the kid or assault the kid in any other way but to put him on the ground to get the skateboard.

The kid was violating the law and based on his actions the officer had reason to believe based on the actions of the kid he would continue to violate the law so the officer was going to remove the skateboard.

I am ok with it.

chernmax

The kid was skateboarding in the inner harbor, that is a chargeable offense. The officer tells him to stop. The kids does not stop. The officer has the option of charging the kids and impounding their skateboards. The kid that initially does not stop skateboarding when asked, get mouthy. The officer attempts to impound the skateboard, the kid hugs the skateboard and refuses to give it up. The officer puts the kid on the ground to remove the skateboard from his grasp.

The officer does strike the kid, kick the kid or assault the kid in any other way but to put him on the ground to get the skateboard.

The kid was violating the law and based on his actions the officer had reason to believe based on the actions of the kid he would continue to violate the law so the officer was going to remove the skateboard.

I am ok with it.

Can you please post a link to the Video you were watching. That's not my take on it... :coffee:

2ballscrewball

Can you please post a link to the Video you were watching. That's not my take on it... :coffee:

When the video first starts there is talk about "he didn't hear you" and "I didn't hear you" the kid had an IPOD in and did not stop skateboarding when asked by the officer.

Listen to every comment in the first part of the tape.

chernmax

When the video first starts there is talk about "he didn't hear you" and "I didn't hear you" the kid had an IPOD in and did not stop skateboarding when asked by the officer.

Listen to every comment in the first part of the tape.

And wearing an iPod is legal and the cop (a 17 year veteran) should have known the kids weren't being disrespectful if the kids didn't hear him!!! And why get personal (talking about his parents? why the threat of physical violence "smack you upside the head"? Cop talks about his father, kid said he didn't have one, cops response shut up!!! Oh please the cop had the attitude that day and his demeanor, language, and lack of professionalism escalated the situation. Cops are human too, and not always right in every situation, that's why we have so many in Jail nation wide or their cases thrown out of court... :coffee:

Go G-Men

And wearing an iPod is legal and the cop (a 17 year veteran) should have known the kids weren't being disrespectful if the kids didn't hear him!!! And why get personal (talking about his parents? why the threat of physical violence "smack you upside the head"? Cop talks about his father, kid said he didn't have one, cops response shut up!!! Oh please the cop had the attitude that day and his demeanor, language, and lack of professionalism escalated the situation. Cops are human too, and not always right in every situation, that's why we have so many in Jail nation wide or their cases thrown out of court... :coffee:

I have no problem with anything the police officer did. The problem we have with kids today is that not every adult takes them to task for being punks and thugs. When kids act up or act violent the forumites can't understand why they do these things... Then when a police officer tries to teach this kid a lesson you all want to rag on him...

What's it's gonna be... Punk kids or people in authority having the power to handle these problem kids. Can't have both

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I'm guessing by the way everyone is dressed that this happened several months ago. Why is going to make the news now?

LordStanley

I know nothing

I am ok with it.

:yeahthat:

RPM

I have no problem with anything the police officer did. The problem we have with kids today is that not every adult takes them to task for being punks and thugs. When kids act up or act violent the forumites can't understand why they do these things... Then when a police officer tries to teach this kid a lesson you all want to rag on him...

What's it's gonna be... Punk kids or people in authority having the power to handle these problem kids. Can't have both

you make me sick. that 95 lb 14 year old is a real thug. god forbid the kid used the word "dude". police officers don't have the right to threaten to SMACK kids. Cop or not, if that was my kid, i'd think that guy deserves to have HIS ass kicked.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
you make me sick. that 95 lb 14 year old is a real thug. god forbid the kid used the word "dude". police officers don't have the right to threaten to SMACK kids. Cop or not, if that was my kid, i'd think that guy deserves to have HIS ass kicked.

If that was my kid I'd thank the cop for attempting teach the kid respect for authority