Bathroom organization tips

crabcake said:
So I drove over to world market to pick up the baskets (after calling to make sure they had them), and of course, Linen's and Things is right next door and is having a huge sale, so I thought, "lemme pop in there first, see if I find anything I can't live without". :whistle:

Low and behold, I found this 3-basket deal ... one big one with a hinged lid and two smaller ones, one of which has a divider. PERFECT! :yahoo: It doesn't solve the make-up drawer dillema but it keeps all my hair crap organized on the counter, which REALLY drives me nuts ... going from cabinet to cabinet for this hair gadget, that comb, this brush, that hair product, etc. Now it's all nice and neatly organized (for me, anyway) in two baskets on top the sink where they're accessible for morning :diva: routines. DQ and I share this bathroom upstairs, so I don't worry about my stuff being "out" for company. :yay:

And since, inevitably, a man will read this and ask, "Damn, does a chic really need all that crap?" ... YES! :neener:

:clap: Looks awesome!

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
crabcake said:
What's the Neutrogena tube of stuff, bottom shelf, over by the pore refining cleanser & toner? Is that the moisturizer? If so, how do you like it? I thought about trying that as well, but had liked the stuff I have thus far enough to not change.
Yes, it's the Pore Refining Moisturizer, and I love it, can't live without it. It has more of a cream consistency, whereas the other Neutrogena moisturizer on the shelf is more liquidy. My T-Zone has a bassackward tendency to be dry, so it really helps in that respect. Plus it's has SPF 15, so my skin is protected in the sun. Absolutely love it. :yay:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
crabcake said:
I just found this on World Market's web site which would be perfect for the make-up. Not only would it store it neatly vs. scattered in the drawer, but if I wanted, I could toss the lid on it and take it along as is for travel. :yay:
:offtopic:

I love this bed, but we just bought new bedroom furniture last year. :bawl: Does anyone want to buy my king size birch bed so I can have this pretty black one? :cheesy:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
jazz lady said:
Get rid of 95% of it for starts. :lol:
:smack: Are you NUTS! :jet:

Most of the stuff that is below the counter is just my back-up bottles of stuff I use regularly. I tend to buy 2 or 3 of something at a time that I really like so I have it on hand when one bottle goes empty. :smile:

It's keeping the stuff up top (that I use daily) in an efficient location so I get in and outta the bathroom in a reasonable amount of time. I hate spending 30 minutes in there fooling around with hair, make-up, etc. when most of it is spent finding this comb or that bottle of stuff, or whatever. :ohwell:

crabcake said:
First off, yes, I'm bored tonight! :lol:

What suggestions would ya'll have for organizing this crap? :shrug: I'd like to find a cool wall-hanging thingamabob to put my most frequently used hair products, brushes, combs, etc., or some sort of basket for the countertop that would divide up the stuff and keep it neat and within arms reach, but allow me to pick it up all at once to clean the counter as well. As it is, I don't have room underneath the sink to store anything else (there are two more cabinets, but I didn't wanna go overboard and post my feminine products. :lol:)

Suggestions? What do ya'll have/do? Post pics if your stuff's really super organized in a cool way. :yay:

Hey, I just actually viewed these pictures full-size. I see you use the same mousse that I do (Joico). My hair cannot live without it! :yay:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Speedy70 said:
Hey, I just actually viewed these pictures full-size. I see you use the same mousse that I do (Joico). My hair cannot live without it! :yay:
Joico products rock! :yay: Though I don't use the mousse on a daily basis ... only when I need extra 'hold' for a particular hair style.

crabcake said:
Joico products rock! :yay: Though I don't use the mousse on a daily basis ... only when I need extra 'hold' for a particular hair style.

Where do you purchase it from? Around here, I can only find it at Trade Secret. I refuse to go to Waldorf and tackle the mall there just to get a can of mousse (even though it's awesome). I order it online, and the cheapest I've found is a salon in Jersey.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Here's some of my collection before Christmas. I've added to it just a little bit! :biggrin: I also have 2, three-tier shelves in the shower itself, and I have a bunch of bubble bath bottles around the jacuzzi tub. Oh, and I have my collection downstairs in the bathroom, too. But that's just for hair crap, curling irons & my hair dryer. :smile:

Attachments

• shelf.jpg
    shelf.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 120
  • shelf1.jpg
    shelf1.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 111

carolinagirl

What's it 2 U
I bought a cheap $5 shoe hanging thingy from Walmart. I put it on the inside of my linen closet door and store all my stuff in the pockets. Be sure to get the one with clear pockets so you can see what's in them.

carolinagirl said:
I bought a cheap $5 shoe hanging thingy from Walmart. I put it on the inside of my linen closet door and store all my stuff in the pockets. Be sure to get the one with clear pockets so you can see what's in them.
That is a really good idea and since it's plastic, if it gets dirty all you have to do is rinse it out....I'll have to get me one of those.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I have just a handful of products that I use - maybe four things on my side of the bathroom counter. I do, however, have three little drawers in the vanity that I use. One drawer for hair stuff (brush, comb, mousse, and Redken Glass), one drawer for mouth stuff (toothbrush, toothpaste, dental floos, and the little mirror thingy to see inside your mouth), and the last drawer is for makeup (foundation, powder, blush, and mascara). Seeing the quantity of beauty aids that some of you have leave me bug-eyed. You all have some serious moola tied up in that stuff.

GeezLouise

tired and content....
Chasey_Lane said:
Here's some of my collection before Christmas. I've added to it just a little bit! :biggrin: I also have 2, three-tier shelves in the shower itself, and I have a bunch of bubble bath bottles around the jacuzzi tub. Oh, and I have my collection downstairs in the bathroom, too. But that's just for hair crap, curling irons & my hair dryer. :smile:

I WILL get a jacuzzi tub one day!!!! :bawl: