Best fast food burger

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Hardee's used to be my go to for a burger but the closest one I know of now is in Ashland. So my local goto ff burger is now Wendy's - jr bacon cheeseburger.
Hardee's in Saluda was a sure stop when I was making runs to the Suzuki outboard dealer down there. Don't know if it's still open or not. It's been years.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Probably Five Guys. I like Fuddruckers too, but there are so few of those around.
5 Guys bacon, mushroom cheese burger , Chik-Fil-A waffle fries and a Wendy's chocolate Frosty.

I liked the original Fuddruckers in San Antonio, steak sandwiches.

Grumpy

First impressions mean alot..Only time I went to a Fuddruckers was years ago in Annapolis..probably the worst burger I ever had and I haven't been back.

Grumpy

Did I ever tell you about the time I unwrapped my Checker Burger and found an ink pen in it? ✏️ Sorry, couldn't find a pen emoji.
As said above...Went to the Checkers in Lex Park, no one in line, 3 or 4 cars at drive thru, 11;25am..Walked up and stood in front of 1 of the 2 service windows for 8 minutes, getting ticked off..finally a guy opens the service window and says this window is closed, use the other window (3 feet to my left)..I left..no idea what a Checkers burger is like..:lol:

Or the time at Wendy's, asked for a small soda, they said they don't serve small sodas...I said okay, just give me the smallest one you have...Guy said I just told you we don't have small sodas..(I do like their burgers)..or the time I was at the drive thru window, guy said your bill is $19.43..handed him $20.43..he gave me back .57 cents..I said you owe me a dollar..he said thats not what the register says..After a little back and forth, he crumpled up a dollar and threw it in my face with a 'here's your effing dollar'..I do like Wendy's food, but the Wendy's in PF is a trip.

PeoplesElbow

Found it. Primanti Brothers. Never been to one. He says everything of theirs is the best of its kind - burgers, cheesesteak, reubens - if they make it, it's the best.
Primanti is different, I wouldn't say its great but definitely worth trying the Pitts-burger once in your life. My first was in Three Rivers stadium at a Steelers game, back when they had Kevin Green, Greg Lloyd, Heath Miller, and Jerome Bettis.

Last edited:

PeoplesElbow

This is going to sound strange, but for a cheap fast food burger meal you can not beat Dairy Queen. The one on GMR has really surprised me, the manager runs a tight ship and has kept the crackheads from ruining it. Their burgers are always fresh and their fries are always fresh and good. You can get a $7 Cheeseburger meal that includes a sundae.

mitzi

I think the goodness depends on who's cooking and the manager. I always raved about Wendy's (Ltown) was always good. Fresh tasty bun, good burger. Ugh, I stopped there last week in the evening and it was awful. Half stale bun, burger looked and tasted like a hockey puck. Maybe I shouldn't stop there at 8pm on a Sunday. It tasted like it was made at lunch time.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
White Castle as an occasional taste of my youth. Grilled onions & steamed buns.
The KMart where I worked near Dayton, OH had a White Castle at the front of the parking lot, Boston Chicken was just across the street.

phreddyp

This will sound weird - but I don't like cheeseburgers to be neat and clean - I like them kind of greasy and nasty. Neat and clean USUALLY means, lacking taste. Greasy and sloppy - full of flavor.

So I gotta go with Checkers. Yep. I do like Fuddruckers, mainly because the damned thing is HUGE, but I haven't been to one in years, because the only one I've ever been to is in the Inner Harbor (and I THINK it's gone, now).
Try the frying pan in Lusby, your description fits their burgers to a T.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
If I choose a burger/fast food for dinner, it's 5 Guys. :yay:

I usually make my own, but when it's coooolllld weather, I wimp out and don't wanna grill myself. Otherwise, when I go out with friends to hear live music and the establishment has good BAR food, I choose chicken or a smaller sandwich, because a burger is too filling for me anymore.

SamSpade

Try the frying pan in Lusby, your description fits their burgers to a T.
Hmm. Used to LIVE there and still only went to the Frying Pan less than half a dozen times.
I thought it was kind of cool that a little diner like that could still serve rockfish.

I miss the Italian place, if only because my Dad, who has passed, used to eat with me there when he would visit.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Are they open again? I know they closed a few years ago. I don't get that way too often, but have enjoyed them a few times in the past.
Last time I was in there, it was infested with flies. I refused to eat, never been back.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Burger King or Wendys.

Mickey-Ds burgers suck, not a fan of Sonics fare and unless I need 10lbs of french fries in a greasy bag, I don't go to 5 Guys.