Best fast food burger

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Burger King or Wendys.

Mickey-Ds burgers suck, not a fan of Sonics fare and unless I need 10lbs of french fries in a greasy bag, I don't go to 5 Guys.

Everybody raves about 5Guys french fries but I've never been a fan. I don't want limp fries, I want those bad boys crispy and greasy without too much potato going on.

Sheetz on the corner of 235 and Chancellor's Run had the best burger and fries around, especially the fries. They had a really good cheesesteak, too.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Everybody raves about 5Guys french fries but I've never been a fan. I don't want limp fries, I want those bad boys crispy and greasy without too much potato going on.
They are 'just ok' as fries. I get them for the sole reason of making them for breakfast in following days. Man do they fry up crispy and tasty.

Checkers fries are my fav. If I had to say what was in the coating, I'd say sugar. I swear they smell sweet.

PeoplesElbow

Sheetz on the corner of 235 and Chancellor's Run had the best burger and fries around, especially the fries. They had a really good cheesesteak, too.
Never had their fries but the Boss Burger is a favorite of mine to get when I'm traveling.

stgislander

PREMO Member
My goto burger is the Papa Burger at A&W. Mostly for convenience since it is in Callaway, but it's a good burger. Plus they have chilli cheese fries. A heart attack waiting to happen.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Each week I'm getting a burger, fries, and chicken tenders from a different fast food place to see which one is best.

Last week was Hardee's and it was super good. The burger was flavorful and meaty, the fries were the skinny crispy ones I love, and the tenders were some of the best I've ever had. Like, ever. 4.5 stars out of 5

Today I got Culvers and probably will never do it again. The fries were meh and pointless, the tenders were truly bad, and the burger was tasty but had too much bun going on. 2 stars out of 5.

Here are the next ones on my list:

Sonic
Wayback Burger
Wendy’s
McDonalds
Burger King
Whataburger

I'm leaving Whataburger for last because I'm biased in favor of it, although I've never had their chicken tenders and don't even know if they have them.

What's your favorite ff burger?
I guess Foster's Grill doesn't qualify as FF?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I choose Five Guys and Wendy's.
I used to love Wendys'..but lately their burgers have been incredibly bland..tasteless.

Best burgers I've had in a very long time were/are from a small sports bar, Champs, that I frequent when I'm down in Norfolk working. Five Guys is a favorite but I've had two mediocre burgers in a row from two different locations recently...from the one in Dahlgren and the one here in California.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I've noticed that, too, I thought it was just me.
oh..an same goes for their fries, which were also once a favorite of mine. For probably 10 years straight, I'd hit the Lex Park Wendy's for lunch at least three times a week (my office was on Great Mills Rd back then).

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Fast food restaurants constantly modify the food for cost savings and to be "healthy". I stopped getting fries from McD's years and years ago when they switched cooking oils. They never tasted the same after that. :bleh:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I used to love Wendys'..but lately their burgers have been incredibly bland..tasteless.

Years ago there was some whiny bitcher on here griping that her (Red Robin?) burger had seasoning on it which she just could not tolerate!! She stomped off in a huff when it was pointed out to her that it says the burgers are seasoned right on the freaking menu and if she wanted it completely plain she should have asked for it that way.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Years ago there was some whiny bitcher on here griping that her (Red Robin?) burger had seasoning on it which she just could not tolerate!! She stomped off in a huff when it was pointed out to her that it says the burgers are seasoned right on the freaking menu and if she wanted it completely plain she should have asked for it that way.
Jennifer?

stgislander

PREMO Member
That's one place I've never been to... Red Robin.