Beware of deer, and buy a honda!

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
notquitesain1 said:
well if i were as stupid as yourself i would have reported it, but the fact of the matter is that the police do not want to be bothered with stupid reports of animals being hit, when they have real issues to deal with. but if you need someone to cry to, go ahead call the police.
Bite me bytch
Maybe if you hadn't been drunk you wouldn't have hit it. Where was it? in somebody's front yard?

N

notquitesain1

aps45819 said:
Bite me bytch
Maybe if you hadn't been drunk you wouldn't have hit it. Where was it? in somebody's front yard?

angry huh, haha you are funny, im not even old enough to drink alcohol, and sorry im not stupid like you, i wouldnt drink and drive if i did drink. But its ok, dont be upset, no need to feel inferior, just shut up now and save some dignity.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I'm thinking you're not old enough to actually know what you're talking about. Was it a deer or somebody's brown dog you hit?

N

notquitesain1

aps45819 said:
I'm thinking you're not old enough to actually know what you're talking about. Was it a deer or somebody's brown dog you hit?

haha, youre a funny one arent you. Must make you feel really good about yourself picking on someone younger than yourself.

N

notquitesain1

not afraid, just not ignorant enough to bother the police with something they dont want to be bothered with, or need to be bothered with. Personally I would rather them out there protecting us from real crime, than dealing with a deer accident, that the police tell you its not even necessary to report.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
notquitesain1 said:
not afraid, just not ignorant enough to bother the police with something they dont want to be bothered with, or need to be bothered with. Personally I would rather them out there protecting us from real crime, than dealing with a deer accident, that the police tell you its not even necessary to report.
Cops do accident reports everyday.. one car or several, it's part of their jobs, it's what they get paid for... They don't necessarily have to come to the accident scene, they may have had you come to the station and fill out the accident report yourself..

That and data needs to be gathered, deer populations, where most accidents happen.. who's collecting it if you don't report it to the police?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Given a choice between writing an accident report and breaking up a bar fight, I think I'd rather be writing :lol:

N

notquitesain1

you all must really be stuck in your little world, its really rather pathetic, its ok to always think you are right, but when you are wrong, just shut up and suck it up. Contact any police officer, they will tell you there is no need to report a deer accident. Oh and the police dont keep track of deer numbers, the DNR does, police may report to them, but that number is hardly a dent in the population.

V

Vixen

Gezz aps, found a new friend I see. :lmao:

You do not have to have an accident report in order to submit a claim to your insurance company. The insurance companies just want the customer to do their work. They can easily send an adjuster out to look at the damage, crap, it is what you pay all that money for.

But if a person hitting a deer wants a report that is what the police are there for. In all likelihood (if the vehicle is drivable) they will just give the citizen a call number that they can give the insurance company saying the police did respond. It isn't a bad idea at all to report it for stat reasons.

In 1990, I hit a deer in a Chevy Caviler. If I didn’t have a seat belt on, I would have surely been killed. DNR said it was the biggest deer recorded in 3-years, 180 some lbs. 17 :confused: point buck. I still have my police report somewhere around the house.

Last edited by a moderator:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
notquitesain1 said:
you all must really be stuck in your little world, its really rather pathetic, its ok to always think you are right, but when you are wrong, just shut up and suck it up. Contact any police officer, they will tell you there is no need to report a deer accident. Oh and the police dont keep track of deer numbers, the DNR does, police may report to them, but that number is hardly a dent in the population.
So you are saying we should report our accidents to the DNR!??

Where do you think the DNR get there numbers for deer vehilce strikes? AND exactly who are the DNR?

And if you were half as smart as you think you are you would know that a sampling of vehilce and deer incidents could be indicative of population in a given area.. Statistical probability..

Where should we put deer crossing signs? If nobody reported then how would they know where most strikes occur?

The police officer may in fact say there is no point in reporting, but he's only an indian not a chief.. he may not know what is being done with the numbers collected either. He probably just doesn't want to be bothered...

T

tikipirate

Why are people beating this kid up? He had an unusual experience colliding with a deer (his car knocked down and drove over the animal instead of getting pummelled) and is proud of his car for handling the impact. If it was a mom with a minivan full of kids no one would contradict her, and Honda would use her in a commercial.

So lighten up people. The kid probably tore away the broken bits and hopefully will drive that beat-azz car all the way through college.

For everyone talking about insurance claims... Anyone who would claim bumper damage on their insurance is a dolt. Your premiums would rise far more than any coverage you would enjoy. I only think about calling my insurance company when the engine is sitting in the passenger seat.

For everyone talking about the DNR counting road-killed deer... Every swinging d*ck in the DNR realizes that the deer population in SoMD is out of hand. That's why it's legal to hunt from tree stands over a pile of corn. DNR knows that deer are rats with antlers, are a public safety issue, and have to be harvested. This kid failing to report one road-killed deer isn't going to change the deer husbandry policy for the State of Maryland.

We have an intelligent kid here who tried to add an intelligent thread to the forums but got beat up for his efforts. Let's not dissuade him from being a member of the community by acting less mature than he is.

Last edited by a moderator:

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
Vixen said:
You do not have to have an accident report in order to submit a claim to your insurance company.

:yeahthat:

That's all they did for me las spring. You know, deer are very athletic. . . This one did a back flip! 3,000 lb van x 55mph (130 lb buck hit in shoulder as he popped out in front) = BACKFLIP!

re deer whistles: In the late 1980s I worked one summer in a park called "Land Between the Lakes" in Western KY/TN (park crosses the border). In a space 6 miles wide and 30 miles long they had something like 6,000 deer. The park vehicles averaged 100+ deer strikes per year until installing the whistles and then I was cut to something like 50 per year.

Ss it would appear that they help somewhat.