Biden Actions ... And Reactions

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Biden's Unannounced Nighttime Speech an Absolute DISASTER

President Joe Biden took to the microphone for an unannounced address on Thursday night, following the release of the politically devastating Special Counsel report that said he "willfully retained and disclosed classified materials after his vice presidency when he was a private citizen." While the report stated that such actions "present serious risks to national security,” Biden will not face charges because he presents himself as an “elderly man with a poor memory” and it would be difficult to convince a jury he is guilty of a serious felony because to commit such a crime “requires a mental state of willfulness.” The report elaborated by pointing out he couldn’t even remember when he was vice president and didn’t even remember when his son Beau died.

The address was scheduled for 7:45 p.m. but did not actually get underway until around 8 — well past his usual 7 p.m. bedtime.

I can't explain how or why Biden's handlers felt it was a good idea to trot him out at night to talk about the special counsel report, but it did not go well. He was belligerent and defensive, and it was a terrible look. When he addressed the report claiming that he couldn't remember when his son died, it really got bad.

"How in the hell dare he raise that," Biden said angrily, concluding that it is "none of their damn business."

"For any extraneous commentary, they don't know what they're talking about," Biden insisted, even though the report presented direct quotes. "It has no place in this report."

Biden also blamed his staff for storing classified documents in his home, office, and garage, insisting, "I take responsibility for not having seen exactly what my staff would do!"

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Joe Biden Flames Out in Presser on Mental Acuity, Gets GRILLED By Doocy

The spotlight was on President Biden’s failing mental faculties Thursday night following Special Counsel Robert Hur’s report on the classified documents in his garage. The report declined to indict the President partially because investigators thought Biden’s failing memory would give a jury pause. And in a press conference to address the report, Biden lashed out at the special counsel and journalists like Fox News’s Peter Doocy and made multiple mental fumbles that only added evidence to the argument.

Instead of calling on pre-selected members of the White House press pool picked out by his staff, as usual, Biden opened the floor to questions after his remarks. The first journalist to jump in, without challenge, was Doocy.

Doocy wasted no time in grilling Biden on what the special counsel said about his poor memory and got an angry response for the effort:

DOOCY: President Biden, something special counsel said in his report is that one of the reasons you were not charged is because, in his description, “you are a well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory.”
BIDEN: I'm well-meaning and I'm an elderly man and I know what the hell I'm doing. I've been president and I put this country back on its feet. I don't need his recommendation. It’s totally--
DOUCY: How bad is your memory? And can you continue as president?
BIDEN: My memory is so bad I let you speak!

Surprisingly, ABC’s MaryAlice Park followed up with this fastball: “Do you feel your memory has gotten worse, Mr. President?”

“My memory has not gotten – My memory is fine. My memory – Take a look at what I've done since I’ve become president. None of you thought could I pass any of the things I got passed. How did that happen? You know, I guess I just forgot what was going on,” Biden rambled.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Biden’s Sound and Fury

Allowing Biden to face the media before he calmed down was a serious blunder by Biden’s staff. His mental health has long worried the public. An ABC News/Washington Post survey conducted two years ago found that only 40 percent of adults believed Biden possessed the “mental sharpness it takes to serve effectively as president.” Recent surveys show this percentage shrinking. According to an NBC News poll released last week, “Three-quarters of voters, including half of Democrats, say they have concerns about President Joe Biden’s mental and physical health.” His contentious press conference likely exacerbated those concerns.

Inevitably, it raised fresh questions concerning whether Biden should run for a second term. There has been speculation about the Democratic National Committee “parachuting in” a replacement candidate at the party convention, but this would be virtually impossible. As I pointed out in the The American Spectator last month, the only elected incumbent ever denied the nomination of his party for reelection was President Franklin Pierce long before the modern primary system reduced party conventions to coronations. The possibility of resorting to the 25th Amendment has also been raised yet again, but constitutional scholar Jonathan Turley explains in The Hill why that still remains an impracticable option.

It is Section 4 [of the amendment] that allows the removal of a president … It requires a vice president and a majority of the Cabinet to declare that the president is “unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office,” and notify Congress that the vice president intends to take over. If Vice President Kamala Harris could get eight Cabinet officers to go along with a letter to Congress, her status as the “Acting President” would likely be short-lived. Joe Biden (who yesterday declared, “I’m elderly and know what the hell I’m doing”) would only have to declare to Congress that “no inability exists.” Biden would then resume his powers.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

'Just like we drew it up': Joe Biden trolls MAGA Republicans with 'Dark Brandon' meme implying he and Taylor Swift plotted Chiefs' Super Bowl win... ahead of her Democrat 'endorsement'

• Joe Biden tweeted the image with the caption 'just like we drew it up' on Sunday
  • The president leaned into claims Swift is a democratic plant to sway the election

Joe Biden has shared a 'Dark Brandon' meme implying he and Taylor Swift plotted to have the Kansas City Chiefs win the Super Bowl.
The image shows the president with red lasers as eyes, with the name coming from a meme that originally started out as a right-wing slogan, 'Let's Go Brandon' - coded to stand in for 'F*** Joe Biden.'

It has now become an inside joke for Biden's supporters. Biden tweeted the image with the caption 'just like we drew it up' soon after the Chiefs won on Sunday night.

The president was seemingly leaning in on claims by GOP commentators that Swift is a plant being used to swing the 2024 election for the Democrats.

The popstar was seen watching the highly anticipated game from the stands, cheering on her boyfriend Travis Kelce.

The image shows Biden with red laser as eyes, with the name coming from a meme that originally started out as a right-wing slogan, 'Let's Go Brandon'

Last edited:

Hijinx

“My memory has not gotten – My memory is fine. My memory – Take a look at what I've done since I’ve become president. None of you thought could I pass any of the things I got passed. How did that happen? You know, I guess I just forgot what was going on,” Biden rambled.
I have taken a look at what you have done since you have become president .

None of us thought anyone could f**k up as badly as you have done.
How did it happen, because your fellow Democrats are as sht simple as you are.
I can think of no other reason.

herb749

'Just like we drew it up': Joe Biden trolls MAGA Republicans with 'Dark Brandon' meme implying he and Taylor Swift plotted Chiefs' Super Bowl win... ahead of her Democrat 'endorsement'

• Joe Biden tweeted the image with the caption 'just like we drew it up' on Sunday
  • The president leaned into claims Swift is a democratic plant to sway the election

Joe Biden has shared a 'Dark Brandon' meme implying he and Taylor Swift plotted to have the Kansas City Chiefs win the Super Bowl.
The image shows the president with red lasers as eyes, with the name coming from a meme that originally started out as a right-wing slogan, 'Let's Go Brandon' - coded to stand in for 'F*** Joe Biden.'

It has now become an inside joke for Biden's supporters. Biden tweeted the image with the caption 'just like we drew it up' soon after the Chiefs won on Sunday night.

The president was seemingly leaning in on claims by GOP commentators that Swift is a plant being used to swing the 2024 election for the Democrats.

The popstar was seen watching the highly anticipated game from the stands, cheering on her boyfriend Travis Kelce.

The image shows Biden with red laser as eyes, with the name coming from a meme that originally started out as a right-wing slogan, 'Let's Go Brandon''Let's Go Brandon'

Biden ain't doing this. He was asleep.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

No questions please! Biden refuses to answer as he meets King of Jordan and says U.S. is working to negotiate Gaza truce of 'at least six weeks'

• 'The United States is working on a hostage deal between Israel and Hamas,' Biden said, noting the ceasefire would last 'about six weeks'
  • 'We need a lasting ceasefire now. This war must end,' King Abdullah said
  • Abdullah and Biden are seeking to move the Israel-Hamas war into a new phase

President Joe Biden refused to answer questions on Monday after his meeting with King Abdullah II of Jordan but did say the two were working on a hostage deal to bring a temporary cease fire.

'The United States is working on a hostage deal between Israel and Hamas, which would bring an immediate and sustained period of calm to Gaza for at least six weeks,' Biden said.

For his part, Abdullah called for a permanent cease-fire.

'We need a lasting ceasefire now. This war must end,' he said.

Biden's refusal to speak to the press came after Special Counsel Robert Hur issued his report, which contained the politically embarrassing observation of the president as a 'well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory.'

The 388-page report was a double-edged sword for the president. It confirmed he would not be charged in his mishandling of classified documents but it said that was because a jury would probably conclude he had 'diminished faculties' and was a 'well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory.'

When the report dropped on Thursday, Biden, 81, delivered hastily scheduled remarks to slam Hur for casting doubt on his memory, including the death of his son Beau.

But he also made a notable mistake, confusing the president of Egpyt with the president of Mexico. It was the third mistake Biden had made in a week involving a world leader.

In the fallout from the Department of Justice report, Biden even lost the support of the liberal New York Times' Editorial Board and opinion writers, who showed how worried they are that ailing Biden may not be able to beat 'bad man' Donald Trump this year.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Biden calls Trump's NATO remarks 'un-American'

"The former president has sent a dangerous, and shockingly, frankly, un-American signal to the world. Just a few days ago, Trump gave an invitation to Putin to invade some of our NATO allies," Biden said in remarks from the White House.

Biden continued: "He said if an ally didn't spend enough money on defense, he would encourage Russia to, 'Do whatever the hell it wants.' Can you imagine? A former president of the United States saying that. The whole world heard it, and the worst thing is he means it. No other president in history has ever bowed down to a Russian dictator. Let me say this as clearly as I can: I never will. For God's sake, it's shameful, it's dangerous, it's un-American."

The NATO treaty requires that if one member nation is attacked, the other members will aid in their defense. The only time the clause has been invoked was after the 9/11 attack, when the U.S. requested that other NATO countries help with the response.

The president said that Trump views NATO as a "burden" and "doesn't see the alliance that protects America and the world." He said that Russian leaders likely "cheered" when they heard Trump's comments.

"As long as I'm president, if Putin attacks a NATO ally, the United States will defend every inch of NATO territory," Biden said.

Trump and Biden are likely to square off in a rematch for the presidency in the November election.

Trump has faced heavy backlash since his remarks Saturday at a rally in South Carolina. He said he would urge Russia “to do whatever the hell they want” if it attacked a NATO country that didn’t contribute enough toward the alliance's defense spending. While president, Trump frequently complained about the amount of money other NATO nations were spending on their defense, which is part of the treaty.

HemiHauler

Biden calls Trump's NATO remarks 'un-American'

"The former president has sent a dangerous, and shockingly, frankly, un-American signal to the world. Just a few days ago, Trump gave an invitation to Putin to invade some of our NATO allies," Biden said in remarks from the White House.

Biden continued: "He said if an ally didn't spend enough money on defense, he would encourage Russia to, 'Do whatever the hell it wants.' Can you imagine? A former president of the United States saying that. The whole world heard it, and the worst thing is he means it. No other president in history has ever bowed down to a Russian dictator. Let me say this as clearly as I can: I never will. For God's sake, it's shameful, it's dangerous, it's un-American."

The NATO treaty requires that if one member nation is attacked, the other members will aid in their defense. The only time the clause has been invoked was after the 9/11 attack, when the U.S. requested that other NATO countries help with the response.

The president said that Trump views NATO as a "burden" and "doesn't see the alliance that protects America and the world." He said that Russian leaders likely "cheered" when they heard Trump's comments.

"As long as I'm president, if Putin attacks a NATO ally, the United States will defend every inch of NATO territory," Biden said.

Trump and Biden are likely to square off in a rematch for the presidency in the November election.

Trump has faced heavy backlash since his remarks Saturday at a rally in South Carolina. He said he would urge Russia “to do whatever the hell they want” if it attacked a NATO country that didn’t contribute enough toward the alliance's defense spending. While president, Trump frequently complained about the amount of money other NATO nations were spending on their defense, which is part of the treaty.

And in comparison to 2016 when 5 NATO nations were at their required spending levels, 18 are now. Poland, understandably so, is spending like 3x their requirement. Around 30 or 31 nations are members of NATO.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Joe Biden Rages at Mayorkas Impeachment: ‘Petty Political Games’

“Homeland Security Secretary Mayorkas, a Cuban immigrant who came to the United States with his family as political refugees, has spent more than two decades serving America with integrity in a decorated career in law enforcement and public service,” he said. “From his time in the Justice Department as a U.S. Attorney to his service as Deputy Secretary and now Secretary of Homeland Security, he has upheld the rule of law faithfully and has demonstrated a deep commitment to the values that make our nation great.”

House Republicans failed to impeach Mayorkas last week on a 216-214 vote. Though it passed the House this week, the U.S. Senate will likely fail to convict him.

“Congress needs to act to give me, Secretary Mayorkas, and my administration the tools and resources needed to address the situation at the border,” Biden raged. “The House also needs to pass the Senate’s national security supplemental right away. We will continue pursuing real solutions to the challenges Americans face, and House Republicans have to decide whether to join us to solve the problem or keep playing politics with the border.”