Biden Polling

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

CBS Poll: Voters Say Democrats Favor Migrants over Americans

“What an absolute terrible poll result for Democrats,” Republican consultant Ryan Girdusky tweeted on October 30:

https://media.breitbart.com/media/2022/10/img-0-2.png

The poll also showed that 59 percent of all voters, and 61 percent of independents, say Democrats will “open the U.S.-Mexican border” if they keep control of Congress in 2023. Twenty percent of liberals and 27 percent of Democrats say their party will open the borders.

The pre-election poll comes after President Joe Biden’s deputies imported at least 3 million foreign workers, immigrants, and illegal immigrants. In 2022, for example, he imported at least seven migrants for every 10 births. Biden’s migration is unfairly pressuring down Americans’ wages. It is also boosting rents and housing prices, and is pushing up inflation for a wide variety of goods, such as used autos and food.

The poll’s cross tabs also show that independents think Democrats favor migrants over Americans:

Fifty-two percent of election-deciding swing-voting independents told CBS that Democrats put immigrants ahead of Americans. So did 10 percent of Democrats and 77 percent of Republicans.

In contrast, just 5 percent of independents say that Republicans put immigrants ahead of Americans. Just 9 percent of Democrats, and 6 percent of Republicans, say the GOP puts immigrants ahead of U.S. citizens.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Voters Favor More Drilling, Fewer Rules To End Diesel Fuel Shortage: I&I/TIPP Poll

Diesel fuel prices are up roughly 50% from last year, in large part due to fast-dwindling supplies, affecting the cost of everything, including food, transportation, manufactured goods, even gifts. Ships use diesel fuel. So do trucks and trains. Desperate farmers need diesel to fuel their tractors and other farm equipment. It all adds up to higher costs.

Can something be done about this? Americans overwhelmingly answer yes, the latest I&I/TIPP Poll shows.

In the poll, we asked 1,359 adults the following question: “What should government do to alleviate the diesel shortage?” The online I&I/TIPP Poll, taken from Nov. 2-4, has a margin of error of +/-2.8 percentage points.

Respondents were given, in order, the following possible responses. Responses 1 to 4 were randomized to avoid any order bias:

• 1. “Encourage more drilling and refining of oil.”
  • 2. “Keep imposing strict limits on carbon-based fuels to reduce climate change.”
  • 3. “Return to the rules and standards for energy production that prevailed in 2020.”
  • 4. “Tax oil companies if they don’t produce more oil.”
  • 5. “Do nothing.”
  • 6. “Not sure.”

1669821036894.png

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Biden's Problem With Numbers Gets Worse, Twitter Nails Him With Two Fact Checks

But as the fact check pointed out, this was people returning to jobs after the COVID lockdowns. If you used Biden’s logic, then Trump “created” 12.5 million jobs before him and he was only inheriting what was already coming back under Trump. Yet, he wants to take credit for that, when it was Democrats whose continuing lockdowns harmed a lot of people and businesses.

Biden also got called out for posting a graph with the same false claim. Click on it to enlarge it.

One problem Biden continues to have is with numbers. He constantly throws out figures that make no sense, yet doesn’t seem to even understand the problem. In a debate during the presidential campaign, for example, Biden claimed that guns had been used to kill more than 150 million Americans since 2007, almost half the U.S. population.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Poll: Only 22% Say Joe Biden’s America Headed in Right Direction, Down 6 Points Since January

While fewer Americans say the nation is headed in an increasingly right direction, 68 percent say it is headed in the wrong direction, up six points since January.

The CIVIQS rolling job approval average tracked 472,851 responses between January 19, 2017, and April 13, 2023. The CIVIQS tracking model is meant to capture the shifts in attitude of various groups over time across all 50 states and Washington, DC. These changes can happen either over time or rapidly.

Two major political events have occurred since January. The nation suffered a banking crisis, and former President Donald Trump was indicted by a far-left district attorney from Manhattan.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Some Dems are nervous about a recent poll showing people have doubts about Biden's fitness for office

Karen wrote about this polling yesterday so if you missed that maybe go back and take a look. The gist is that a new Washington Post-ABC News poll found only 32% of respondents think Joe Biden is mentally fit enough to run for office again and in a head-to-head matchup with either Trump or DeSantis he was trailing. Today the NY Times published a story suggesting some Democrats are nervous about the numbers in the poll.

The data has left many Democrats feeling anywhere from queasy to alarmed. Mr. Biden’s case for being the pair of safe hands at a volatile moment is undermined in their view if a president who passed major legislation and presides over the lowest unemployment in generations cannot outperform a twice-impeached challenger who instigated an insurrection, has been indicted on multiple felonies, is on civil trial accused of rape and faces more potential criminal charges in the months to come.
“The poll demonstrates that the president still has work to do, not only in convincing the American people that he’s up for the job that he wishes to complete,” said Donna Brazile, a former chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee who said she lost sleep over the “ominous signs” in the latest survey results. “More importantly, it’s a good forecast of the challenges he will face in rebuilding the remarkable coalition that elected him in 2020.”

herb749

Some Dems are nervous about a recent poll showing people have doubts about Biden's fitness for office

Karen wrote about this polling yesterday so if you missed that maybe go back and take a look. The gist is that a new Washington Post-ABC News poll found only 32% of respondents think Joe Biden is mentally fit enough to run for office again and in a head-to-head matchup with either Trump or DeSantis he was trailing. Today the NY Times published a story suggesting some Democrats are nervous about the numbers in the poll.

Liberal forum posters will say these polls means nothing because they will still vote for Biden over any other party candidate.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Mr. Biden’s case for being the pair of safe hands at a volatile moment

Biden is the one that created this volatility. Compare now to the pre covid Trump era. Gasoline below $2 a gallon. Very little inflation. Strong economy.

Biden, in typical DC politician fashion, creates a problem, then campaigns promising to fix the problem he created.

Joe is a living crap show wrapped up in a soup sandwich eating an ice cream cone.

SamSpade

I think Americans are waking up to the reality that he is simply NOT in charge.

In Robert Graves' "I Claudius" - right after Caligula is killed - well, assisted suicide because he would have been killed - the story shows the Praetorian Guard grabbing old Uncle Claudius, THINKING that if they just put a gibbering idiot emperor on the throne, they'd be ACTUALLY ruling Rome. As it happens, as much as people BELIEVED Claudius was mentally disabled, he more likely had epilepsy or cerebral palsy - but was otherwise highly intelligent.

Sadly - I think that IS what's happened, here. There is someone running the White House - perhaps, MANY someones - and they're even letting Joe think he's doing it - but it's not him.

Worse, whoever is pulling his strings - is still willing to keep doing it.

herb749

I think Americans are waking up to the reality that he is simply NOT in charge.

In Robert Graves' "I Claudius" - right after Caligula is killed - well, assisted suicide because he would have been killed - the story shows the Praetorian Guard grabbing old Uncle Claudius, THINKING that if they just put a gibbering idiot emperor on the throne, they'd be ACTUALLY ruling Rome. As it happens, as much as people BELIEVED Claudius was mentally disabled, he more likely had epilepsy or cerebral palsy - but was otherwise highly intelligent.

Sadly - I think that IS what's happened, here. There is someone running the White House - perhaps, MANY someones - and they're even letting Joe think he's doing it - but it's not him.

Worse, whoever is pulling his strings - is still willing to keep doing it.

Even if Biden were to step down or not able to perform his duties, Kamala wouldn't be in charge.

LJ1999

I think on RCP - there's a link saying Biden will do an LBJ and drop out early.
Although it scares me to think he may step down and leave us Kamala, I just don't see anyone voting for her for President once her run was over. So it might be a blessing in disguise.

SamSpade

Although it scares me to think he may step down and leave us Kamala, I just don't see anyone voting for her for President once her run was over. So it might be a blessing in disguise.
If RFK Jr or anyone else starts gaining traction, the DNC might decide that Joe isn't worth the risk.
He's the only one with any shot against Joe - at this point.