Blockers in left lane....have a ticket.

Should Maryland have a "Keep Right Law"

• Left lane for passing or turning left

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Keep right if going slower than traffic flow regardless of speed limit or when being overtaken

Votes: 46 48.4%
  • Keep right if going slower than speed limit

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • Mr. Magoo would be proud when he looks in the rear view mirror...

Votes: 9 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smilin

BOXER NATION
Interestingly American cars are designed to be driven safer in the right lane. Mirror placement, blind spot, ability to avoid incidents by using the shoulder AND most importantly... the Mr. Magoo driving school proponents can all have their own lane.

puggymom

Maybe somebody should change the law? I realized MD is the pits for left lane campers since I drive to Tampa and back a lot. Left lane cameras?
So I looked up the various laws here:

State "keep right" laws

I like VA: " requires vehicles in the left lane to yield to faster traffic; State Police say this applies even when faster traffic is speeding"

Being inconsiderate is an understatement when you are actively obstructing traffic at 55 mph - 65 mph. We have gotten in the habit of letting the government decide what actions are permissible and which are not, instead of using our common sense.
:coffee:

I agree the law sound be changed but then again I hate that we need laws to prevent people from being inconsiderate.

Heres a novel idea for you sockgirl. Get your slow!@#$ the hell out of the road and simply move over to the right lane. What is wrong with you? Is it too much inconvenience to move your van to the right? If your worried about your kids then get to the right before you get rear ended by a semi truck. I swear I have dreams about simply pit manueving losers like you and send you careening into the woods like a cue ball off my Humvees bumper. But then again, I havent taken my medication today yet. In all seriousness, just move over and stop being an inconsiderate ass.

You sound like you shouldn't drive at all.

direxpgw

slow

I actually do stay in the right lane most of the time because I do not want to deal with being tailgated by the jackasses in a rush around here. But, I should not have to because people insist on flying down the road. Is it too much incovenience for you to leave your house on time so you do not have to push people down the road? Go take your meds and have a nice day.

Well I live in the real world where people actually speed from time to time for whatever reason. I dont really consider doing 65 on Rt. 4 a horrendous example of unsafe driving. Actually, 55 in the fast lane is probably more detrimental to your health. That being beside the fact, there are alot of things you probably shouldnt HAVE to do in your daily life, but isnt it alot easier to simply move to the right. I swear some of these people are either intentionally slowing traffic or so oblivious to their surroundings they shouldnt have a license in the first place. I need James Bond rocket launchers.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I swear some of these people are either intentionally slowing traffic or so oblivious to their surroundings they shouldnt have a license in the first place.

I intentionally did the speed limit in front of a school bus this morning :popcorn:

Well I live in the real world where people actually speed from time to time for whatever reason. I dont really consider doing 65 on Rt. 4 a horrendous example of unsafe driving. Actually, 55 in the fast lane is probably more detrimental to your health. That being beside the fact, there are alot of things you probably shouldnt HAVE to do in your daily life, but isnt it alot easier to simply move to the right. I swear some of these people are either intentionally slowing traffic or so oblivious to their surroundings they shouldnt have a license in the first place. I need James Bond rocket launchers.

Nope definately should not be on the road if you want to blow people up that get in your way.

thurley42

HY;FR
Why should we make laws to accomodate speeders?

It's not about laws to accommodate speeders, it's about protecting everyone. We already fine people who speed, but since speed differential is extremely dangerous you need to ensure people aren't operating on the opposite side of the spectrum. Driving under impeding etc.

Contrary to what you may believe, in a 50mph zone you are just as dangerous at 40 As you are at 60.

sockgirl77

I live in that same world. I know that people speed every day. I see jackasses pass 2 or 3 cars at a time IN THE RAIN on a solid double line on Route 6 on a regular basis. I just wish that people would set their alarm clocks a few minutes earlier or leave their house a few minutes earlier and stop flying down the road like bats out of hell.

itsrequired

Someone should not have to drive the speed limit. That speed limit is set at a maximum based on safety standards for that portion of the road. If someone wants to drive the maximum or speed, they can find their way around the car or slow their ass down. But, that's just the way that I feel. I know that I get damn sick of people riding my bumper because I choose to drive 55 mph in a 55 mph zone when I have kids in the van and would rather not have increased insurance rates because some jackass is in a rush and is trying to push me up the road.

That isn't really true. Most of these roads are designed to handle speeds upwards fo 90mph. It is the uncertainty of the other drivers which causes the slower speed limits.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Normally I curse at anyone in the left lane doing below the limit and I would curse this woman too especially since she was on I-95.

Having said that, I think the cop was wrong. 2 effing mph???? The two speedometers could have a variation of 2 mph.

What he should have done is pulled her over and given her a good tongue lashing and a warning.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Lead, follow or get out of the way.

I watched a cop yesterday come roaring up in the fast lane and the durhard who was in his way slowed down even more. Mind you, this is 3 lanes on I70, plenty of room to...lead, follow or...GTF out of the way.

Cop went slaloming through traffic to get around the car and off he went. I was thinking what a great opportunity to pull the person over and just ask them why they wouldn't just lead...follow or...get out of the way.

We don't need yet another law. We need simple courtesy and common sense.

sockgirl77

Lead, follow or get out of the way.

I watched a cop yesterday come roaring up in the fast lane and the durhard who was in his way slowed down even more. Mind you, this is 3 lanes on I70, plenty of room to...lead, follow or...GTF out of the way.

Cop went slaloming through traffic to get around the car and off he went. I was thinking what a great opportunity to pull the person over and just ask them why they wouldn't just lead...follow or...get out of the way.

Someone cannot lead traffic if they are driving the speed limit?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Someone cannot lead traffic if they are driving the speed limit?

Nope.

If there is plenty of room to get out of the way, let the lead foots go. Heck, let one in front of you and speed up and let him get the ticket while you make time.

Or just get out of the way. Let them go.

We have this infantile desire to control one another. "I am going the speed limit! They should NOT be in a hurry!"

Let them go. You can relax and and they are gone.

:buddies:

sockgirl77

Nope.

If there is plenty of room to get out of the way, let the lead foots go. Heck, let one in front of you and speed up and let him get the ticket while you make time.

Or just get out of the way. Let them go.

We have this infantile desire to control one another. "I am going the speed limit! They should NOT be in a hurry!"

Let them go. You can relax and and they are gone.

:buddies:

I have no issue moving over to let a jackass go by, but I should not have to feel obligated to. My point is that if they are the ones breaking the law, then they should have to be the ones to inconvenience themself by driving around me.