Blue Buffalo Dog Food

foodforthought

Any insight on this food???
Just switched my labs- my chocolate is over weight so switched them to the large breed healthy weight formula in hopes to get her down a few pounds. I did alot of research online about what food to pick, the girl at petco said this is one of the best, she feeds it to her dogs....but just looking for any insight anyone has on it. It's so expensive I want to make sure it is worth it for them. They were on Dog chow before, which I know is a horrible, cheap brand. We never had a problem with our first lab being overweight so I just kept him on the cheap stuff :(

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Any insight on this food???
Just switched my labs- my chocolate is over weight so switched them to the large breed healthy weight formula in hopes to get her down a few pounds. I did alot of research online about what food to pick, the girl at petco said this is one of the best, she feeds it to her dogs....but just looking for any insight anyone has on it. It's so expensive I want to make sure it is worth it for them. They were on Dog chow before, which I know is a horrible, cheap brand. We never had a problem with our first lab being overweight so I just kept him on the cheap stuff :(

:barf:

BB is crap! just as well feed ol' roy! :coffee:

foodforthought

:barf:

BB is crap! just as well feed ol' roy! :coffee:

That's great news! NOT, way too much money if it really isn't good food! I know alot of the vet's sell Science Diet, but according to it's reviews it is filled with corn also....which is what you want to avoid.

Tomcat

Anytime
A friend who is a trainer, breeder,and shows dogs gave me an insight to dog food. The key is to look at the ingredents list on the package. Just like human food it's listed in order of percentage of contents. In most dog foods the first ingredent is corn. Does your dog run out to the corn field and say "boy that ear of corn looks good"? Look for a brand that lists beef or chicken or lamb first. They're out there and they're not all premium brands like BB. I feed my Lab the BJ's brand.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
I have mine on the IAM's natural weight control.

She does fine, dropped a few pounds even (that could be from the lack of table food too)

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
sorry... IAMS is bad as well
It might be, but she eats it.

I went into Peppers one day, and she gave me some sample dog food to try. Because I was trying to be awesome and get her better food. No my dog hated it, so I am just thankful she eats.

Now if I could get her to stop pushing the bowl around the floor before she eats we would be in better shape

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Ah the IAMs Simple and Natural has 4 stars

I will never trust a dog food if it ever went on the recall list! I watched so many dogs and cats die several years ago... and many had to be PTS because they were too far gone. It sucked

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
I will never trust a dog food if it ever went on the recall list! I watched so many dogs and cats die several years ago... and many had to be PTS because they were too far gone. It sucked
Oh, well...that I didn't know.

I understand why you wouldn't then

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
My dogs are on Iams as well. Vet said that's fine and better than Purina or store brand. If they are doing well on it, then why change to something "better"? Just curious.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
:lol: I am not sure if that's better or worse?

Your cat isn't eating in the trash can afterwards??

He LOVES to play with Bug's ponytail holders. When he knocks one underneath it, he pushes it aside to get it back. :lol:

I came home one day and it was out in the middle of the kitchen.

Me ---> :confused:

Then I saw him do it. :lmao:

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
:lol: Awesome!!

I still can't figure out why she does it. She will "hide" under a chair, or try to push it into a corner, two minutes later she goes back and eats the food in it. It's like it will be better tasting somewhere else