Breastfeeding

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
When you think you've heard it all...(this lady is whacko)
http://www.banbreastfeeding.org/index.htm

JabbaJawz

Be about it
That website is absolutely CRAZZZYYY!!!!  That whole Rosa/Robbie story had me completely off guard!!!  Ughhh!!

Otter

Nothing to see here
Women who breast-feed enjoy an erotic experience that offensively imposes oral gratification on innocent infants. This reprehensible act teaches children illicit sex that subsequently manifests promiscuity, homosexuality and addiction to cybersex.

Wow, this woman has all the answers.. I'm finding it hard to believe this site is for real and not a gag site. ;)

geekboy

Did you read the caeserian section birth reasoning on her website too?  

Im sure many women do enjoy the feeling whether it be physical or just the contentness that they are feeding a child that they grew inside of them.  If it didnt feel good at all I'm sure that we wouldnt have survived as a species.  Heck I enjoy taking a good piss every now and then does that mean I have to have a tube tapped into my kidneys so that I won't enjoy it?  

What a nut.  

I wonder if she is a religious nut or some kind of feminist nut?  No Im not saying feminism or religion is bad but take it too far and its nuts, just like everything.  (ie because you have a penis you are evil)

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
In case you missed it, this is what she said about giving birth:

Another traumatic experience for pregnant women is the breech birth of babies. An infant is forced through the uterus over the G spot that subjects the mother to great pain and great pleasure. This action can lead a woman to S&M addiction. Therefore, Citizens Against Breast-feeding recommends Caesarean delivery whenever possible

Wow!  I don't know of ONE mother who would say they got PLEASURE when the head of the baby came out...and are now addicted to S&M...  this "lady" is ceritified nutso...  :twitch:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
What a wacko!!  :shocked:   I did derive pleasure from giving birth to my children but not the kind she speaks of and I only noticed the pleasure AFTER the birth.  As for the S&M thing, can't say that's an addicition I have.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Pleasure was the farthest thing from my mind when I was delivering my daughter.  

Me thinks she's a kook!

This woman must of been smoking something when she wrote this.  I think that I may e-mail her and see if it is real of not and to see what see has to say.  

My son was 9lbs and 7.5ozs.  Do you think that I got any pleasure out of that.  I don't think so.  It was natural childbirth too.

Lilly

The Original Lilly
This can't be real can it?
Just another wacko!  
You've gotta be right geekboy - this has to be related to some type of psycho religious belief -the any pleasure is sin version.  I doubt it is feminism though - most feminists support  a women's right to choose - regardless of what that choice is.

Not sure exactly what type of pleasure she is talking about as far as breastfeeding goes - sure it felt great to know I was giving the best nourishment to my child - but Oh! Those sore nipples!!  

I do not think it is any kind of religious group.  I just think it is another one of these modern-day freeks that also share our constitutional right to free speech.  When situations like these happen, I wish our fore-fathers would have been a little more detailed in their doings.  I know they did not fore-see what kind of crap would be happening.

I do believe modern freek, though!!  Someone who was bored with life and needed a cause.  She has found one that keeps her busy getting people upset.

It is incredible to think how someone would come up with something like this.  It's like, don't they see that people think they are out there?
Like this would ever be law!  She is stupid if she thinks for a moment that it is possible....  WACKO- big time!!!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Here's more....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A38849-2002Mar30.html

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
It's a hoax after all. Check out these links:

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/breast.htm
http://www.breastfeeding.com/reading_room/hoax.html

The first is for Snopes, the Urban Legends Reference Pages web site. I can't say enough good things about that site. It was a great help during the excruciating 2000 election season, when I got so much bulls*** in my Inbox about Bush and Gore. The people running Snopes do their homework and help put Internet hoaxes in perspective.

I thought the Citizens Against BreastFeeding site was hilarious. I have a lot of respect for people who follow their beliefs and devote themselves to a cause. At the same time, some (not all) activists take it too far and descend into monomania. Citizens Against BreastFeeding truly captured the hysterical, preachy tone of someone so completely wrapped up in a cause that they have no other life.

Lilly

The Original Lilly
Thanks Tonio!
I love Snopes as well, but I never thought to challenge this one due to the "bona fide" website involved!  My goof!  :blushing:  I fell for it!
Thanks for the info.

I think you women need to get off your high horse. Yes it is natural to you and your child, keep it to yourself. Sex is natural is it ok for people to have sex in public? the naked body is natural, do you mind naked women or men walking around in public? So you have a baby, so you decided to breast feed, not everone in the world cares, not eveyone in the world wants to see spme baby sucking on your boob, natural or not. Show some respect for other people, why can'y you use a breast pump like most of us?

I think it is wrong to try to prove a point and make people around you uncomfortable. As far as " meal" if your grandfather or whoever "meal" is sucking of a womens breast than I hope He takes it in to a more private area. Why do you have to be the center of attention? Do you think it is some great divine action to breastfeed? Most of the adopted children never breastfed and the grew up to be "normal". It is your choice but show some "class".

The point is, you women seem to think that because you have a child and have decided to breastfeed you have some sort of right higher than other people around you. I have nothing against breastfeeding. Good for you, but it is very rude to perform this in publc. Get over it. We have evolved since then women. Well most of us have , they are not responding because it is beneath them.

modwoman

I have to agree with earthchild, no one is dispelling the fact that it is natural, but being a natural act does not mean it is okay to be displayed in the general public. I am a mother of three and breastfeed all three. I would never think of breastfeeding in public; it just was unneccessary to do so. As far as what women did before breastpumps; who cares? That was then and this is now. We have the ability to improve breastfeeding. Why must you think that breastfeeding in public is making you some super mom? Loving your child and respecting other people is what a super mom is.