Broncos relent, try to trade Cutler

MrSnyder

I know! I know!

Picture it. Whoever the NLF Commish is if and WHEN the time arises for him to present Danny with the Vince Lombardi trophy. Danny thanklessly yanks the trophy from his hand, holds it in the air and then lowers it to his face and kisses the coveted trophy he had spend millions and millions of dollars to get.

Then he drops dead of a heart attack. :jet:

Don't be hating, peon, I'll bann you and your little cheer leading brethen from ever visiting my stadium again.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I know! I know!

Picture it. Whoever the NLF Commish is if and WHEN the time arises for him to present Danny with the Vince Lombardi trophy. Danny thanklessly yanks the trophy from his hand, holds it in the air and then lowers it to his face and kisses the coveted trophy he had spend millions and millions of dollars to get.

Then he drops dead of a heart attack. :jet:

No. He'll be all smiles and gratitude and talk about how hard everyone worked for so long to over come and achieve and ya da ya.

And us suckers will be right there with him, if only in spirit, singing 'HTTH' as long and as loud as we can. :lol:

donbarzini

Broncos will try to trade unhappy QB Cutler - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

This guy is toxic. Pro QB, fame, success, millions of dollars, decent franchise and he is having a hissy fit.

Karma is a biatch, hope he ends up in Detroit for 3 seasons going 4 and 49. I think he is an "OK" QB. I think it is more likely he ends up a disruptive whiner who never achieves than the guy who made the change, caught on fire and went all the way.

How bad are you when Philip Rivers can make fun of you and everybody agrees with him?

BuddyLee

Football addict
Cutler isn't great but he has the potential to be. I wouldn't jump for joy if they trade Campbell and a 2nd but I won't be disappointed either.

Dondi

Dondi
Cutler isn't great but he has the potential to be. I wouldn't jump for joy if they trade Campbell and a 2nd but I won't be disappointed either.

The only reason I see in replacing Campbell with Cutler is for the deep ball, which Campbell has struggled with. But much of that fault goes to having a weak offensive line. He just hasn't had time to toss 'em up. Whether or not Cutler would fair better with less time to throw is debatable.

Otter

Nothing to see here
This is all starting to stink. Cutler ends up here. You watch. :jameo:

But according to Cutler(the latest), he didn't want it to come to being traded...LOL..No way in hell I want him here, he's obviously been to the Brett Farve School of Disingeniousness.

Beta84

They're out to get us
The only reason I see in replacing Campbell with Cutler is for the deep ball, which Campbell has struggled with. But much of that fault goes to having a weak offensive line. He just hasn't had time to toss 'em up. Whether or not Cutler would fair better with less time to throw is debatable.

You guys have Santana Moss and Randel-El on your team, two of the fastest receivers in the NFL. Cutler has better arm strength and it's not even close. The Skins need a QB who could hit that deep pass. You guys wonder why your receivers aren't what you were hoping for...it's because you don't have a QB who can let them do what they're supposed to do. You're all insane if you wouldn't be excited for the chance to get Cutler (unless you have to trade Campbell + 1st round...that's just too expensive). Campbell + your current top receivers = mistake.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
But according to Cutler(the latest), he didn't want it to come to being traded...LOL..No way in hell I want him here, he's obviously been to the Brett Farve School of Disingeniousness.

B-b-b-b-ut, he's BETTER than Brett Favre. And John Elway. He said so himself. :shrug:

angelbaby

Redskins Reportedly Trying to Land Jay Cutler From Denver

The Jay Cutler saga is becoming increasingly painful to deal with, simply because it's even managing to overtake the NFL draft in terms of overexposed coverage.

But Redskins Insider is reporting that we might not have to wait long for a conclusion. That's because the Redskins are reportedly trying to make a deal happen for Cutler tonight.

One source said the Redskins are trying to complete the deal as quickly as possible although at least two other teams, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and New York Jets, are also reportedly interested in acquiring Cutler.

[...]The source said Redskins owner Daniel M. Snyder has been pushing for the trade in an attempt to finally solve the team's decades-long pursuit of a franchise quarterback.

Again, this ties back directly with what I wrote earlier -- it doesn't matter if giving up a first rounder and Jason Campbell is technically too much for Cutler and if it will damage the Redskins in the short term ... if Dan Snyder is convinced that Cutler can be Brett Favre, but for Washington, he is going to pay whatever he needs to pay in order to pry the quarterback from the very loose grip of the Broncos

The saga continues. Just remember when I posted about them getting Haynesworth there were some disbelievers there too. NEVER count the Redskins out on anything with Snyder at the helm.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Just came across the ESPN ticker that the Broncos agree in principle to a trade for Cutler with the BEARS.

Chicago Bears acquire Jay Cutler from Denver Broncos - ESPN

The Chicago Bears pulled the big upset Thursday afternoon by acquiring Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler, a source told ESPN.com.

The Broncos confirmed the move.

Terms of the trade weren't immediately available, but the Bears had to beat out the Redskins, Buccaneers, Lions, Titans and other teams to get land the 25-year-old Pro Bowl quarterback.

The Broncos had been asking for at least two first-round choices.

Cutler asked to be traded when he found out first-year coach Josh McDaniels tried to acquire Matt Cassel in a trade with the Patriots.

Cutler had not returned phone calls from the Broncos, according to the team, and had been staying away from the offseason program.

MrSnyder

I am filing an official protest, we had an agreement, in principle, with the Broncos for that guy. We were deep in negotiations with Shaun Suisham to give up his #6 to Cutler when the Broncos took our deal to the Bears. The Bears threw in an extra draft choice and the Broncos didn't do us the courtesy of letting us give them another #1 pick in 2013. If you peons want to blame someone, blame Suisham for taking hostage the #6 jersey and not negotiating in good faith. :burning:

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
As for Campbell being the answer, it all depends on what the question is;

Are we looking for a Brady, a Manning, a Roethlisberger? A Warner? Then, no, Jason isn't looking to be the clear leader of this team, the deciding factor.

If the question is 'can he be an Eli, a Delhomme, a Dilfer, a Brad Johnson, a competent part of a better overall team that can step it up when it matters?

Maybe? There certainly is NO argument to be made that he is a strength of the team that we'd be in big trouble trying to replace.

Still, I can see next year with a healthy o line, the D shaping up, Portis, Cooley, Moss, Thomas and Kelley playing much...who the #### am I kidding?

:jameo:

Why does everyone forget who we have sitting on the bench?
Start Colt.. Problems solved. This guy does have the potential to be the next great NFL QB

Last edited: