Broncos relent, try to trade Cutler

Pete

Repete
As Mike Ditka said on Mike and Mike this morning, the bears have NEVER had a great quaterback. And not many teams have ever had a GREAT QB.

Is that really true though, I can think of some great, (arguably of course) QB's

NE Brady
Buff Kelly
Wash Thiesman
Mia Marino
Atl Bartkowski
Dal pick one
SF Montana / Young
Den Elway
Oak Plunket
Cinn
NYG Simms
Ind Manning
SD Fouts

Otter

Nothing to see here
Is that really true though, I can think of some great, (arguably of course) QB's

NE Brady
Buff Kelly
Mia Marino
Dal Staubach
SF Montana / Young
Den Elway
Ind Manning
SD Fouts

:fixed: Left the great, took out the good.

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
So did Heath Shuler............................................

:pete:

Shuler- Campbell Same thing.. strong arm, but can't hit a Bear in the butt with a barn door.

Whats the point of pre season games? Last year Colt Bennan clearly out played Campbell in the pre season.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo

NE Brady
Buff Kelly
Wash Thiesman/JURGENSEN :yay:
Mia Marino
Atl Bartkowski
Dal pick one
SF Montana / Young
Den Elway
Oak Plunket
Cinn
NYG Simms
Ind Manning
SD Fouts

Good to go now.

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !

Mr 47 touchdown passes in ... that's right forty seven consecutive games.....That's a TD pass in every game for 4 years.
BAL Mr Jonny U
NE Brady
GB Farve
SF Montana / Young
Mia Marino
Dal Aikman
Ind Manning
Dal Starbuck
Min Tarkenton
Den Elway
Buff Kelly
SD Fouts
GB Starr

Let me fix this in order.

Last edited:

BuddyLee

Football addict
I was just thinking that if this goes the way the Bears hope it will, than all will be right in Chi-town.

If not, Lovie will be among the 750,000+ of the nations unemployed next January. :lol:
Lovie and the GM did this move and the acquisition of the aged Orlando Pace in desperation. They must win now or they'll lose their job.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Whats the point of pre season games? Last year Colt Bennan clearly out played Campbell in the pre season.
That's because you didn't see Campbell play in the pre-season as much as you saw Colt.

Campbell - 1 drive
Collins - Half
Colt - Quarter to Half

Colt is very raw.

Beta84

They're out to get us
Colt played against 2nd or 3rd string players. Campbell played against starters. I'm not saying Brennan isn't good and doesn't have a shot at starting, but they weren't playing against equal competition.

On another note, seems like Campbell was pissy with the Skins about them trying to trade for Cutler :lmao:
Campbell was much more willing to forgive but at the same time, what's he gonna do...request a trade? Nobody else would want him as a starter.

Encouraged after his meeting yesterday with Washington Redskins owner Daniel M. Snyder, quarterback Jason Campbell said he has put aside his frustration about the team's pursuit of Jay Cutler and is determined to become "the type of quarterback Mr. Snyder wants." Several NFL sources said that Snyder, eager to finally solve the team's decades-long pursuit of a franchise quarterback, was the force behind the Redskins' efforts to acquire Cutler, who was traded from the Denver Broncos to the Chicago Bears on Thursday. Snyder called the meeting to clear the air about the team's attempts to replace Campbell, Washington's starter for the last 2 1/2 seasons, and attempt to move forward toward the upcoming season. Vinny Cerrato, Washington's executive vice president of football operations, and Coach Jim Zorn also attended the meeting, which lasted about two hours, in Snyder's office at Redskins Park. Snyder and Campbell spoke candidly, Campbell said, and left the session on good terms, focusing on the future.

Washington Post

angelbaby

your teams managment don't think they can win with you.

Zorn has said from the beginning he wants Campbell to be their QB. Dan Snyder is the one who wanted him gone. The majority of the fans support him also. Many of which were willing to boycott the games if the trade went through. Give him the chance to finish out his contract. If he is not successful then he needs to go. They are in talks with Byron Leftwich now. He will be competing for the back up QB position against Brennan. May the best QB win.

Peter Forsberg

Zorn has said from the beginning he wants Campbell to be their QB. Dan Snyder is the one who wanted him gone. The majority of the fans support him also. Many of which were willing to boycott the games if the trade went through. Give him the chance to finish out his contract. If he is not successful then he needs to go. They are in talks with Byron Leftwich now. He will be competing for the back up QB position against Brennan. May the best QB win.
Your naive if you actually think Zorn wants Campbell as his starting QB. Sure Zorn is going to say that what is he suppose to say? Even Deadskin fans don't think they can win with Campbell.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Your naive if you actually think Zorn wants Campbell as his starting QB. Sure Zorn is going to say that what is he suppose to say? Even Deadskin fans don't think they can win with Campbell.

How so? Do you think Zorn has so little say so that in the last two games of the year, when the Skins were out of the playoff chase, that he was not allowed to put a back up in to see how they'd perform on the big stage?

If Zorn does not want nor support Campbell, at the VERY least he'd want to get Colt some playing time to see what he's got AND to help his case that Campbell ain't the guy. Yes?