Burch Oil Sign

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
I'm in the Navy and I don't really care one way or the other. Let them try and keep up with the uniform changes, cause I can't.

ajhkmr97

TexasPride1977
Bustem' Down said:
I'm in the Navy and I don't really care one way or the other. Let them try and keep up with the uniform changes, cause I can't.

thats no joke, Im with ya on the changes.... its crazy... and what really gets me is the fact that it will be to the sailor to purchase the new uniforms. Had it been the Marines, the uniforms would be issued.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
ajhkmr97 said:
thats no joke, Im with ya on the changes.... its crazy... and what really gets me is the fact that it will be to the sailor to purchase the new uniforms. Had it been the Marines, the uniforms would be issued.
Marines issued uniforms? The same service that requires you to buy your INITIAL issue in Basic?? Never heard of such a thing, and I'll believe it when I see it!

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
ajhkmr97 said:
Well, kinda yes and no. They will give us extra in our clothing allotment, but it won't be near enough to cover it all. I hate it, I don't want to wear blue cammies. I think it's retarded.

ajhkmr97

TexasPride1977
itsbob said:
Marines issued uniforms? The same service that requires you to buy your INITIAL issue in Basic?? Never heard of such a thing, and I'll believe it when I see it!

I've not served under a Marine command directly but was stationed at Camp Geiger as a Corpsman and was attached to MCT companies for medical support. Most of my knowledge of Marine Corps policy comes from my time at Geiger. Perhaps my knowledge is off. None the less, it was my understanding that everyone is re-issued new uniforms every so-many-years. As a corpsman going to a Marine unit, I would get issued uniforms free of charge.

As for as Marines buying their first initial issue in BC, Navy does that too.. I really dont know if Marines get a clothing allowance or such. It was my overall understanding that Marines were re-issued uniforms.

If my understanding is off....a correction is appreciated.

=======================================

WILLIE
The sign is still there to my knowledge

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
ajhkmr97 said:
I've not served under a Marine command directly but was stationed at Camp Geiger as a Corpsman and was attached to MCT companies for medical support. Most of my knowledge of Marine Corps policy comes from my time at Geiger. Perhaps my knowledge is off. None the less, it was my understanding that everyone is re-issued new uniforms every so-many-years. As a corpsman going to a Marine unit, I would get issued uniforms free of charge.

As for as Marines buying their first initial issue in BC, Navy does that too.. I really dont know if Marines get a clothing allowance or such. It was my overall understanding that Marines were re-issued uniforms.

If my understanding is off....a correction is appreciated.

WILLIE
Having been married to a Marine - I know that he did receive a basic clothing allowance. However, I also know that the allowance came no where near close to covering the cost of one dress blue uniform, with altering, much less the charlies, and cammies, with shoes, and various required accessories. We like to have went broke our first year in DC because he needed so many tunics, white trousers, shoes, and blue trousers. One tunic without buttons was over $400.

willie

ajhkmr97 said:

WILLIE

When is the last time you saw it? I used to see it but now I don't but everyone is still talking about it. :confused:

ajhkmr97

TexasPride1977
willie said:
When is the last time you saw it? I used to see it but now I don't but everyone is still talking about it. :confused:

If memory serves me, I thought I saw it last week sometime.... I could be wrong..

C

czygvtwkr

ajhkmr97 said:
Being a sailor myself, I find disgust with seeing civilians portraying themselves as military personnel. The military is not to be mocked! If a company wants to "salute" the military - then simply portray a person in normal civilian attire saluting. This would definitely warm my heart and give me a feeling of sincerity. Having a civilian posing in a military or military-like uniform and being "out of regulations" from the hair to the salute - that is INSULTING! The military is about good order, discipline, honor, courage, commitment. Such signs out side of the base do not help to portray this.
This is no different than seeing civilians wearing "camie" trousers with non-military clothing. The uniform is what makes the US Military unique in the world. If civilians are allowed to wear a military/military-like uniform casually - what message do you thing is sent about the real folks wearing the real uniforms??

Actually its just a flight suit and that is not considered a uniform. Civilian flight test engineers are required to wear flight suits. Most I know actually wear them to nausea to impress people but that is besides the point.

Does it bother you that I wear army surplus cammos hunting? They are cheap and perfect for the job.

Cali Transplant

Have boat will travel
Racing

The sign shows that female NASCAR driver saluting. The theme is "Take Command of Your Energy Bill." She's wearing racing coveralls and is holding a racing helmet.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Cali Transplant said:
The sign shows that female NASCAR driver saluting. The theme is "Take Command of Your Energy Bill." She's wearing racing coveralls and is holding a racing helmet.
If she's NASCAR, how come her suit isn't plastered with sponsor patches? :lol:

That sounds like a Jeff Foxworthy (I think) routine about Speed Racer. He wondered why Speed had a car that could fly and go underwater but never won a race. He blamed the problem on Speed's pit crew--a 12-year-old boy and a monkey, both wearing matching outfits.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Cali Transplant said:
I think she's Danica (name?). The same one from the Honda commercials.

Now I'm going to have to stop and look. It looks military, but it could be Danica Patrick.

Wouldn't it be funny if all of these people are upset with Burch for a military sign, when it's really a Besche racing sign?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I saw a Besche Oil sign today on Rte 5 N just past Hughesville, but it was some weird chick with some ugly socks on, and said something like "Are your tootsies warm". It was a little strange.

Midnightrider

last night...
my first thought was that it was supposed to be a racecar driver, but its not Danica Patrick, just a girl who kind of looks like her.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Cali Transplant said:
I think she's Danica (name?). The same one from the Honda commercials.
Yeah it is, I saw that sign on 301 south heading towards La Plata. That's what ya'll are talking about?