Bush Stiffs Workers on Overtime

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Originally posted by dems4me
super, super, super, duper secret!!!!! :biggrin:

j/k -- its nothing like that. I'm just saying he has actual experience in the things that he posts.:smile:

Experience doesn't beget a number. He can't say I am so experienced that I guess they got 1.5 million. There has to be a source. Where is it? Link it.

He can make it all go away by showing us the source. We have pointed to how 1.5 million can happen in circumstances and how the email mills can effect that. I just want him to use sources like we do.

Christy

b*tch rocket
super, super, super, duper secret!!!!! :biggrin:

j/k -- its nothing like that. I'm just saying he has actual experience in the things that he posts.:smile:

:thewave:

Lemme guess, he's JFK's campaign manager, looking for promotion to personal bidet? :confused:

D

dems4me

Originally posted by FromTexas
Experience doesn't beget a number. He can't say I am so experienced that I guess they got 1.5 million. There has to be a source. Where is it? Link it.

He can make it all go away by showing us the source. We have pointed to how 1.5 million can happen in circumstances and how the email mills can effect that. I just want him to use sources like we do.

:poorbaby: It'll be ok dear... the sun will still shine tomorrow, it'll be allright... :poorbaby:

:lol: Actually I'm not sure where Sparx went.:confused:

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
:poorbaby: It'll be ok dear... the sun will still shine tomorrow, it'll be allright... :poorbaby:

:lol: Actually I'm not sure where Sparx went.:confused:

Cut the cord finally, eh?

D

dems4me

Originally posted by Voter2002
Jeez...no word from Sparx since Dems outed him.....think the hit has already been done???????

:confused:

No, he's busy blowing smoke (not pot) with vria on her thread

D

dems4me

Originally posted by Sparx
OK now you know,
http://www.aflcio.org/yourjobeconomy/overtimepay/ns04202004.cfm

btw, It was in the post, the whitehouse stopped recieving e-mails and faxes on the subject after a point. Most were however copied to the AFL-CIO. I'm sure that's where they got the count. So, the actual number is most likely higher than 1.5 million.

Hi Sparky!!!! :biggrin: your back!!! I missed you:love: are you ok with what I have divulged -- I didn't give any specific details. :biggrin:

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
OK now you know,
http://www.aflcio.org/yourjobeconomy/overtimepay/ns04202004.cfm

btw, It was in the post, the whitehouse stopped recieving e-mails and faxes on the subject after a point. Most were however copied to the AFL-CIO. I'm sure that's where they got the count. So, the actual number is most likely higher than 1.5 million.

See Dems. That wasn't so hard was it. No super secret, Dem BS.

Thanks for the link Sparx. All I was asking for.

:cheers:

D

dems4me

Originally posted by FromTexas
See Dems. That wasn't so hard was it. No super secret, Dem BS.

Thanks for the link Sparx. All I was asking for.

:cheers:

there was no bs... I didn't reveal all of it and neither did he.. sorry. :ohwell:

I'm glad to see we can all get along now :clap: :clap: :dance:

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
While the final regulation must be analyzed carefully to determine the precise number of workers whose overtime rights are threatened, it is clear the Bush regulation will restrict eligibility for overtime pay to fewer workers.

In other words, they haven't the faintest idea and are just ASSuming that the workers lose money because it's a Bush plan.

D

dems4me

It's OK DEMS, This post is a good example of why I was keeping my sources tight to the chest.

Its ok, I've seen your other sources... this is just one of many.:wink: I think you are very smart. :cheers: :clap: :dance:

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Originally posted by cariblue
This is your reliable source? :roflmao:

I wouldn't be surprised. They often just send out a link and have people put in their email address and type send. Its not like 1.5 million typed up emails and sent them. They also have fax farms.

As stated by a group of Reps we visited when I was in college: 1 visit in person=10 phone calls, 1 phone call=10 personally typed/signed/self-addressed letters, 1 personally typed/signed/self-addressed letters= 10 form letters, 1 form letter=100 emails/faxes.

Emails and faxes are just considered the junk mail of political advocacy. It doesn't take any time or thought to initiate. They are looked upon less than items that take real time and effort upon individuals.

Emails and faxes don't move political mountains. They are used to clog up systems and cause frustration in order to move things forward. Both parties, all SIGs, etc... use this tactic and politicans know it for what it is.

1.5 million of this type of response is exactly what someone inferred here -- a drop in the bucket.

Especially not that noteworth since its union backed and union members tend to respond the way they are told. Unions make it easy by having the members type an entry and click a button.

Knowing the source lets me know it was exactly that kind of campaign.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
If you want to even laugh at how ineffective their own campaign was, the AFL-CIO alone encompasses more than 13 million workers. There are other unions out there with membership in the 100,000s to millions. Not a very effective campaign IMHO.

:roflmao:

Pete

Repete
OK now you know,
Most were however copied to the AFL-CIO. I'm sure that's where they got the count. So, the actual number is most likely higher than 1.5 million.
Isn't that odd. :confused: Now why in the world would anyone get mad about an issue, write about it and send a carbon copy to the AFL-CIO? :confused: Hmmmm

Comon sparx, you big union hucksters know almost EXACTLY how many because your computers probably spit 95% of them out.

No wonder you are such a vapid democrat, unions crawl in bed with them every night and take turns giving each other reach arounds. :roflmao:

This is rich !! :killingme

Last edited:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Final rule has been released, states only 75,280 comments were received by DOL (just like FromTexas said). It's a little over 150 pages of text. You can download your own copy from http:www.MarkKnuckles.com to find out the real skinny.