Businesses in SOMD Still Scared of 'Rona

black dog

Free America
I believe Allstate is the same, the agent I know ended up buying his office building and leases to a doctor and a beauty salon.

Slightly related auto loans are available from your insurance company that usually include free gap insurance. I found this out on the companies website vs from the agent that is supposedly part of my community.

This agent I know does a bunch with Lions, the city and with our county fair.
Hes a good guy, each year he wants me to be our fairs mc for the fri-sat night fun. I keep telling him im not the guy you want, lol. I tell him its impossible for me to curb my language, I am who I am no matter where I am.
Always have been, always will be....

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I havent set foot in an insurance office in over 20 years, it's one of those buisnesses that doesnt need a physical location. I havent been into a bank in probably 5 years, most of my cash is in a bank that to my knowledge doesnt even have a physical location but has terrific customer service.
I have never set foot in my Allstate auto insurance agent's office since I first called to get a couple vehicles covered in 1985. The book of customers has been transferred and/sold a couple times in all those years.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I would like to thank some of you for pointing out the errors of my ways in wanting to be part of a community in getting to know my neighbors and who I do business with. (respectful snippage)

Sincerely,
TPD

Valid group of observations.

Tucker888

I went to the bank to make a MTG payment, the front door was locked, I walked around to the drive thru and as the car in front of me asked for a Notary, the bank teller said sure, come around front and i will let you in. I asked if i could come in and make a cash (4000) Mtg payment and was told "Sir the front door is locked, in a very unprofessional tone, i replied, realize the door is locked mam, otherwise why would i ask if i could come in the building? She again with the chip on her shoulder told me to come through the drive thru, i replied i can't, then she screams at me to use the drive thru. Ok, game on, i got in my Crane, barely made the turn, and blocked all drive thru lanes, the look on her face was priceless. She then told me to back out of there, i responded with my newly installed chip on my shoulder and said "i told you i couldn't come through the drive thru, but you don't listen. Now unlock the damn door, come outside in the cold and tell the four cars behind me to back out. I apologized to the four cars, but what a bitch! I came home and called the bank, wrote the check for $56K, paid off the MTG and told them to go to hell, now you get nothing!

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I went to the bank to make a MTG payment, the front door was locked, I walked around to the drive thru and as the car in front of me asked for a Notary, the bank teller said sure, come around front and i will let you in. I asked if i could come in and make a cash (4000) Mtg payment and was told "Sir the front door is locked, in a very unprofessional tone, i replied, realize the door is locked mam, otherwise why would i ask if i could come in the building? She again with the chip on her shoulder told me to come through the drive thru, i replied i can't, then she screams at me to use the drive thru. Ok, game on, i got in my Crane, barely made the turn, and blocked all drive thru lanes, the look on her face was priceless. She then told me to back out of there, i responded with my newly installed chip on my shoulder and said "i told you i couldn't come through the drive thru, but you don't listen. Now unlock the damn door, come outside in the cold and tell the four cars behind me to back out. I apologized to the four cars, but what a bitch! I came home and called the bank, wrote the check for $56K, paid off the MTG and told them to go to hell, now you get nothing!
Which bank? I want to know which one to avoid.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
This is just about priceless.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
:notworthy

College of Southern Maryland and St Mary's College both are firing employees and stealing the money of the students and staff who do not wear masks and get injected with the shots

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The sign on the door at Lowes changed again. Used to say something like "recommended". Now it says "Please wear a mask". Very few were wearing masks.
I had Mon - Wed off this week.
Lowes has been guilted by the actions of other companies to pay another COVID "discretionary bonus."
As a part timer, will likely see $240 after the 40% withholding is taken out.

Waldorf/Brandywine - all businesses still have mandatory mask mandate in effect. People seem to be wearing them even in parking lots and all other outdoor public area.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This blows my mind.

On the local news here they're still trying to gin up hysteria and coerce people to wear masks. Then they go, "Unfortunately Gov. DeSantis has banned mask mandates. Hmpf."

Reactions: BOP

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Once a suggestion, objective, is embedded in sheep, through coercion, fear, etc., is it often difficult for them to revert to their prior state self. We can witness this with cowards who try in vain in attempts to appease bullies.