C. Rice Shops 4 Shoes During Katrina Crisis!!

Qpid

The whole Bush Admin is Unfawkinbelievable!!!

As South drowns, Rice soaks in N.Y.

Did New Yorkers chase Condoleezza Rice back to Washington yesterday?

Like President Bush, the Secretary of State has been on vacation during the Hurricane Katrina crisis, with Rice enjoying her downtime in New York Wednesday and yesterday. The cabinet member's responsibilities are usually international, but her timing contributed to the "fiddling while Rome burns" impression given by her boss during the disaster, which may have claimed thousands of lives. On Wednesday night, Secretary Rice was booed by some audience members at "Spamalot!," the Monty Python musical at the Shubert, when the lights went up after the performance.

Yesterday, Rice went shopping at Ferragamo on Fifth Ave. According to the Web site www.Gawker.com, the 50-year-old bought "several thousand dollars' worth of shoes" at the pricey leather-goods boutique.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/gossip/story/342707p-292600c.html

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Qpid said:
On Wednesday night, Secretary Rice was booed by some audience members at "Spamalot!," the Monty Python musical at the Shubert, when the lights went up after the performance.
It's because she's black.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
willie said:
She is trying to give a good example......buy the shoes, don't steal them.
:roflmao: She's a bright shining light in a moment of darkness!

Oh wait, lemme guess, stuPid is gonna think I'm racist cuz I said "darkness". :frown:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
And what exactly should the Secretary of State (you know, the one tasked to deal with international events) be doing? :tap:

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
I breaks my heart that you could be so cruel to this wonderful and intelligent woman. Maybe Pete's right about you.

Qpid

Ken King said:
And what exactly should the Secretary of State (you know, the one tasked to deal with international events) be doing? :tap:

She's one of the most powerful people in the United States. You don't think she could perhaps call some of these major airlines or foreign airlines and ask if they could fly some of these people out of areas to shelters in other cities.

You don't think she and the rest of the administration could say, we want every national guard army in the US to be open for shelters and we're gonna get planes and helicopters to get these people out.

Don't tell me the most powerful people in the world can now do nothing.

Pete

Repete
Qpid said:
She's one of the most powerful people in the United States. You don't think she could perhaps call some of these major airlines or foreign airlines and ask if they could fly some of these people out of areas to shelters in other cities.

You don't think she and the rest of the administration could say, we want every national guard army in the US to be open for shelters and we're gonna get planes and helicopters to get these people out.

If she was white you would not care.

Hey defensive bigot I just want to know your reasons for thinking blacks are lowlifes.

Whenever anyone posts that a particular person is a low life, looter, scum bag you read the post as "black lowlife", "black scumbag" and "blacks looter". Why is that? Do your black friends know that behind the sanctimonious smile you front that you think they are helpless dimwits who are low lifes?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
So what do you think about all the senators and representatives that didn't spoil THEIR vacations to rush to the Gulf's aid?

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
Qpid said:

So now you want to send our troops into harms way? j/k I know that's not what yo were thinking, but they ARE getting shot at by the people they are trying to help.

Is it even possible to land a jet in NO?

Ken King

PREMO Member
Qpid said:

How are these people going to get to the airport and how will these planes get in when there is no power for control, communications, lighting, or fuel?

There is movement for the government to charter cruiseliners that can get into the port of New Orleans and medical ships moving that way. Do you really think we need external assistance to take care of our own?

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
jazz lady said:
So what do you think about all the senators and representatives that didn't spoil THEIR vacations to rush to the Gulf's aid?

I'll bet the blacks are excused.

How long until Jesse Jackson flies to Syria to plead for help?

rack'm

Jaded
Qpid said:

I bet you get ticked off when the sun goes down too, don't ya, being that it's dark and all.......:duh:

Qpid

tlatchaw said:
So now you want to send our troops into harms way? j/k I know that's not what yo were thinking, but they ARE getting shot at by the people they are trying to help.

Is it even possible to land a jet in NO?

Are you telling me they can't land flights in places like Baton Rouge or maybe Jackson Mississippi?

Are you telling me they can't ask that national guard armory's be used as shelters?

Are you telling me they can't transport people to these airports and load them on military planes and fly them to shelters?

When Hurrican Floyd flooded the Eastern part of NC, those people were set up in small trailers until they could rebuild or find something new.

The United States is large and their are plenty of areas that maybe we could set up trailer camps for these people.

They are getting shot at because they are trying to STOP people from surviving. You are trying to arrest me for stealing water & food?...Im goin for your knees!!!

Qpid

Ken King said:
How are these people going to get to the airport and how will these planes get in when there is no power for control, communications, lighting, or fuel?

There is movement for the government to charter cruiseliners that can get into the port of New Orleans and medical ships moving that way. Do you really think we need external assistance to take care of our own?

More so now than ever!!!

meme

The Smart Hooker
Qpid said:

I'm just wondering where are they suppose to put all these people? Not sure about up north but down here in Florida alot of the Hurricane Evacuation Shelters are schools and school is in session. As for homeless shelters...alot of them are already full.

rack'm

Jaded
Qpid said:
They are getting shot at because they are trying to STOP people from surviving. You are trying to arrest me for stealing water & food?...Im goin for your knees!!!

Quit your crying, New Orleans is deep enough. :duh:

NO BODY here has said a word about the people stealing to live, it's the maggots that are stealing TV's, clothes, stereos, DVD's and the like..........with no electricity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pete

Repete
Qpid said:
Are you telling me they can't land flights in places like Baton Rouge or maybe Jackson Mississippi?

Are you telling me they can't ask that national guard armory's be used as shelters?

Are you telling me they can't transport people to these airports and load them on military planes and fly them to shelters?

When Hurrican Floyd flooded the Eastern part of NC, those people were set up in small trailers until they could rebuild or find something new.

The United States is large and their are plenty of areas that maybe we could set up trailer camps for these people.

Oh, so since they are predominately BLACK you figure a trailer is where they are supposed to live?

Hey defensive bigot I just want to know your reasons for thinking blacks are lowlifes.

Whenever anyone posts that a particular person is a low life, looter, scum bag you read the post as "black lowlife", "black scumbag" and "blacks looter". Why is that? Do your black friends know that behind the sanctimonious smile you front that you think they are helpless dimwits who are low lifes?

Ken King

PREMO Member
Do you really think we need external assistance to take care of our own?

More so now than ever!!!

:bs: We don't need them nor would they be able to speed up anything towards rescuing those in need. Besides which if any have stepped forward offering their assistance in the manner you describe?

It has been only four days since the wrath of Katrina and resources are spread thin for the time being. Once the military is authorized to be used to restore peace as well as concentrate on the humanitarian mission things will improve dramatically.

I am amazed that many think that we should have been there the moment the wind died down. To do that we would have to have thousands of people on standby all the time which is neither practical or feasible.

Qpid

rack'm said:
Quit your crying, New Orleans is deep enough. :duh:

NO BODY here has said a word about the people stealing to live, it's the maggots that are stealing TV's, clothes, stereos, DVD's and the like..........with no electricity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh realllllly. :lmao: you must've missed a few threads.