Call of Duty 4

Gwydion

Just went out and bought it. It's on sale for $39.99 at Best Buy.

I loved CoD2 and played that online extensively, and from reading Prank's (Team Pandemic) encounters with CoD4, it seems the same. Apparently some patch just came out and fixed the sniper rifles so they aren't a lag horse causing you to miss every time.

Should be fun tonite.

thurley42

HY;FR
I had to literally put the game up for awhile...i couldn't stop playing on the weekends so addictive.....i am some stupid level like 34 (+55) prestige....it's fun and the online never gets boring......

Assains Creed is alright, I play it when I need a break from COD4. It's easy though not really challenging at all.

Those are the only two games i have that aren't sports though...i mainly play EA Sports games, i hear MLB 08 is going to be spectacular...

PS3

basher

LEET
I think that Prestige crap is a waste of time. I did it once and will never do it again. I like keeping all my weapons and their Red Tiger stripes. I could care less about having a special icon next to my level number, I can still kick almost anyone's butt even when they're at a very high Prestige level. That just shows that they play 24/7, but still don't have enough experience with the weapons and perk combinations because they're too busy ranking up and starting all over again.
Also, does anyone else think being on team Spetznaz is a disadvantage? it's so much easier to see your red beret and red clothing then the marines who are camouflaged with most of the maps. I think 80% of time when I'm on that Spetznaz team, we end up losing even though I carry the team with twice as many kills as anyone else.

basher

LEET
Does anyone else get jagged lines while playing Assassins Creed? I gave up on that game because it was too distracting. It sometimes happens when playing Halo3, but never with CoD4 or GoW.

LordStanley

I know nothing
I think that Prestige crap is a waste of time. I did it once and will never do it again. I like keeping all my weapons and their Red Tiger stripes. I could care less about having a special icon next to my level number, I can still kick almost anyone's butt even when they're at a very high Prestige level. That just shows that they play 24/7, but still don't have enough experience with the weapons and perk combinations because they're too busy ranking up and starting all over again.
Also, does anyone else think being on team Spetznaz is a disadvantage? it's so much easier to see your red beret and red clothing then the marines who are camouflaged with most of the maps. I think 80% of time when I'm on that Spetznaz team, we end up losing even though I carry the team with twice as many kills as anyone else.

I never noticed a disadvantage. Unless your sniping, the game can be too fast paced to try and blend in with the environment. having the UAV takes care of campers.... I dislike the Sperznaz because I just dont like looking like a bunch of terrorists!!!

Last edited:

thurley42

HY;FR
Does anyone else get jagged lines while playing Assassins Creed? I gave up on that game because it was too distracting. It sometimes happens when playing Halo3, but never with CoD4 or GoW.

nah no jagged lines...but what is up with the random flashing on the screen?

thurley42

HY;FR

I didn't think it would be that much of a deal to lose everything, but it did suck. I agree, when i get back to 55 and have everything i won't be doing it again. I've had the game since December and can only play it on the weekends at night if we aren't out, but once i get started i find it hard to stop....

Pete

Repete
What really pizzes me off in these games is when you play teams and the other team has a bunch of high ranks, the weenies on your team chicken out and bail out at the last minute.

the other night on Halo Boy and I joined up and it set the teams. the other team had a bunch of high ranked people and the moaning began. so what you are going to possibly be slaughtered, it's a game :shrug: so the crybabies bailed and it was 5 on 2. Five Captains chasing Boy and I around.

We invented new ways to dies :lmao: It was kinda funny when we realized we were all alone. The other team even started being creative in killing us :killingme

I dies 23 times to 27 for Boy so I claimed victory

J

juggy4805

What really pizzes me off in these games is when you play teams and the other team has a bunch of high ranks, the weenies on your team chicken out and bail out at the last minute.

the other night on Halo Boy and I joined up and it set the teams. the other team had a bunch of high ranked people and the moaning began. so what you are going to possibly be slaughtered, it's a game :shrug: so the crybabies bailed and it was 5 on 2. Five Captains chasing Boy and I around.

We invented new ways to dies :lmao: It was kinda funny when we realized we were all alone. The other team even started being creative in killing us :killingme

Hahahahahaha, What is your name there? Pete?

basher

LEET
I never noticed a disadvantage. Unless your sniping, the game can be too fast paced to try and blend in with the environment. having the UAV takes care of campers.... I dislike the Sperznaz because I just dont like looking like a bunch of terrorists!!!

when I hear "Enemy UAV is online", I usually switch to my silencer pistol so I don't show up on the radar and wait a bit to make sure no airstrike will get me......and if I die I'll switch my class to my assault weapon with a silencer until their UAV is offline. I usually keep my distance sniping, but will switch to the M16 or Carbine for smaller maps like Vacant.

thurley42

HY;FR
when I hear "Enemy UAV is online", I usually switch to my silencer pistol so I don't show up on the radar and wait a bit to make sure no airstrike will get me......and if I die I'll switch my class to my assault weapon with a silencer until their UAV is offline. I usually keep my distance sniping, but will switch to the M16 or Carbine for smaller maps like Vacant.

are you using UAV Jammer? Because if not then you will show up regardless if you are firing a weapon or not...

smoothmarine187

You need to play "ranked" that way you are matched up with people on your same skill level.

basher

LEET
are you using UAV Jammer? Because if not then you will show up regardless if you are firing a weapon or not...

UAV Jammer is a waste, if you have the silencer it's better because you don't waste a Perk which you could use for Stopping Power (your weapon does twice the damage). I use Extreme Conditioning for dodging and running around people. I also switch between Bandolier and 3 Frag Grenades for Perk1. I try to flank or sneak up from behind people, I know about being seen on the radar once I shoot, but I'm good about killing them first, then trying to hide before their buddies come for me.

vanbells

Pookieboo!!!

I hate that. Or when you play domination and you get a noob on your team that decides to be a sniper and go back to the same damn spot after every death. It's team members like that set the entire team back.

dn0121

Just started playing COD 4. Wasn't big on first person shooters, and even after the first day I still wasn't sure. I got nauseous and I thought I would have to stop but I got used to it. Im guessing it is because of how big of TV it is on. When I started to play online it went from an ok game to a great game. I'm hooked.