Call of Duty 4

Pete

Repete
Just started playing COD 4. Wasn't big on first person shooters, and even after the first day I still wasn't sure. I got nauseous and I thought I would have to stop but I got used to it. Im guessing it is because of how big of TV it is on. When I started to play online it went from an ok game to a great game. I'm hooked.

I'm hooked too but I am going to have to stop because I suck and the possibility of getting better is slim.

Boy can run down the side and shoot 3 people is rapid succession each on a different side of the road. I cannot even hit a stationary target without skewing left and right for 15 seconds trying to line it up. :killingme

dn0121

Im getting better but I know what you mean. Sometimes people are right ahead of me and I can't hit them, other times I am dead on. The other night I killed 23 people and thought I finally got the hang of it, but haven't got more then 15 since. I've called in the airstrike, but no Helos yet. I do like shooting the chopers down though.

Gwydion

Well, I got the game on Thursday of last week, then went away from Friday-Sunday. I am up to level 30 now. It is a lot of fun. I've called in a dozen Helo's across my games that I can get a good snipe location. Block is definately my favorite map.

I can't wait until I get to whatever level it is when I can get the perk that lets me equip two different primary weapons. Sniper rifle for down range and the 3 round burst Assault Rifle will be a deadly combo.

The one thing I do find a bit annoying is the range on knifing somebody. Mutliple times I have come up on somebody from behind, thinking I'm close enough, attempt to knife them, only to have them turn and unload a mag into me.

Fun times though!

MrX

High Octane
I like the game alot, its better than COD3 IMO....just havent played it enough to get up in levels, i think im at 13 or something lol.

Pete

Repete
Im getting better but I know what you mean. Sometimes people are right ahead of me and I can't hit them, other times I am dead on. The other night I killed 23 people and thought I finally got the hang of it, but haven't got more then 15 since. I've called in the airstrike, but no Helos yet. I do like shooting the chopers down though.

My absolute best game ever was 12 kills. Most of the time it is between 5-8 :lmao:

I thought getting the red dot would help alot but it has not materialized yet. :lmao:

LordStanley

I know nothing
Well, I got the game on Thursday of last week, then went away from Friday-Sunday. I am up to level 30 now. It is a lot of fun. I've called in a dozen Helo's across my games that I can get a good snipe location. Block is definately my favorite map.

I can't wait until I get to whatever level it is when I can get the perk that lets me equip two different primary weapons. Sniper rifle for down range and the 3 round burst Assault Rifle will be a deadly combo.

The one thing I do find a bit annoying is the range on knifing somebody. Mutliple times I have come up on somebody from behind, thinking I'm close enough, attempt to knife them, only to have them turn and unload a mag into me.

Fun times though!

When you come up from behind to knife someone, dont stop when you think your close. Keep moving and when you go to knife that person, you actually will automaticly lunge when your close.

Plus they can hear you moving... Unless you have the dead silence perk, most of the characters make a lot of noise when moving.

The overkill perk (unlocked at 38) is where you get to carry 2 primary weapons. but you have to be carefull. If you choose a sniper rifle as the first weapon, and say a m16 or m4 for the second, you carry alot less ammo for the second weapon than you think.

dn0121

My absolute best game ever was 12 kills. Most of the time it is between 5-8 :lmao:

I thought getting the red dot would help alot but it has not materialized yet. :lmao:

Yea the red dot is nice, but will be better when I get the bigger weapons.

Pete

Repete
I think I need the perk that increases the punch when oyu hit someone. I think it is deep impact? when I do actually hit someone it seems to take more to kill them than when they shoot me. I will drop 2 or 3 bursts into someone and they still live, however I get shot with one burst and I am :dead:

LordStanley

I know nothing
Yea the red dot is nice, but will be better when I get the bigger weapons.

The Red dot is great with the M16. Its so steady its almost if not just as accurate as the sniper rifles.

But like a red dot on a p90 sucks. the weapon reacts better with the Iron sites.

word of advice, the ACOG scope sucks. When you put it on your weapons it lowers its accuracy. Makes the weapon heavier and prone to moving around alot when looking through the scope.

dn0121

I think I need the perk that increases the punch when oyu hit someone. I think it is deep impact? when I do actually hit someone it seems to take more to kill them than when they shoot me. I will drop 2 or 3 bursts into someone and they still live, however I get shot with one burst and I am :dead:

Make sure you add juggernaut (sp?) also. That will help you.

LordStanley

I know nothing

Thats stopping power... Deep impact is bullet penetration on hard targets. Like walls and such.

you should use stopping power of juggernaut (increased health)

Pete

Repete
Yeah, thats what I meant to say.

I will see if it is available. It's not like the juggernaut thing is working out for me anyway.

Last night on the ship map i got thrown in with a clan and they were so good I got killed 19 times within 2 seconds of spawning. 10 of those was no shiat as I spawned. They won 750 - 100 or something retarded like that.

I tried to unlock the red dot on the M-16 and gave up after 10 kills. I can't hit crap with the iron sight. I have the red dot on the SAW and the M4 and those took me forever.

LordStanley

I know nothing
I will see if it is available. It's not like the juggernaut thing is working out for me anyway.

Last night on the ship map i got thrown in with a clan and they were so good I got killed 19 times within 2 seconds of spawning. 10 of those was no shiat as I spawned. They won 750 - 100 or something retarded like that.

I tried to unlock the red dot on the M-16 and gave up after 10 kills. I can't hit crap with the iron sight. I have the red dot on the SAW and the M4 and those took me forever.

If you have the RPD availible use that instead of the SAW. When you unlock the red dot for the RPD, that weapon is sick... Thats mainly what I use.

Ive also noticed that if you play the team hardcore deathmatch, its alot slower. Team kill is on, and there is no HUD until someone gets a UAV.... Also there is increased bullet damage. Which even things out. If you get the drop on someone. Chances are they are dead!!!

LordStanley

I know nothing
Chess!!!

You guys were freakin nuts last night. I forgot how fast paced Domination was!! I was so used to playing team hardcore where everything slows down with team kill and no HUD...

That was some crazy she-at

Pete

Repete
You guys were freakin nuts last night. I forgot how fast paced Domination was!! I was so used to playing team hardcore where everything slows down with team kill and no HUD...

That was some crazy she-at

I played Domination the other night on the tiny map. It was nutty. I got 14 kills and thought I was the shiat until after the game I was still the lowest :lol: