Cancer Update #?

luvmygdaughters

Today is the last day of year five post-diagnosis of the pancreatic cancer.

I got a copy of the report on yesterday's CT scan: No Evidence of Recurrence or Metastasis.

The hernias are large, but the loops are clean.

I do have some fatty liver tissue, plus some hardening of the arteries, including one coronary artery. This on top of borderline diabetes and high BP.

I am now clearly optimistic I will have time to work on these other health issues.
:yahoo::buddies:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
New happening...called the oncologist's office to double check this month's 6-month follow up.
Person answering said they would ask the doctor's assistant and call me back.

About an hour later, got the call...

Appointment cancelled, I am now on Annual Follow Up, which will be next May.

I believe this marks an official, Steven is in Remission.

I had a good outcome because I felt something was off, got to the doc, who had suspicions about why I had the jaundice and other symptoms, got me up the road to the University of Maryland Medical Center in Baltimore, got an early diagnosis, followed by swift, conventional, effective treatment: surgery followed by chemo.

Bug your doctor if something is off, your body is smarter than your head. I did that and am now 1,998 days post-surgery.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
New happening...called the oncologist's office to double check this month's 6-month follow up.

I had a good outcome because I felt something was off, got to the doc, who had suspicions about why I had the jaundice and other symptoms, got me up the road to the University of Maryland Medical Center in Baltimore, got an early diagnosis, followed by swift, conventional, effective treatment: surgery followed by chemo.

Bug your doctor if something is off, your body is smarter than your head. I did that and am now 1,998 days post-surgery.
That is such awesome news!

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Today is the 6th anniversary of the 1st doctor's visit in what turned out to be a cancer journey.

Am so very fortunate that Dr. M. Patel became suspicious of what was actually causing the symptoms and got me up the road to the University of Maryland Medical Center in Baltimore at the end of April when he and his supervisor, Dr. U. Shah, decided St. Mary's Hospital did not have the expertise or facilities to do the further procedures and testing I needed.

I got the Stage IB diagnosis 52 days after that 1st visit.

Last edited:

Louise

Great news! Go, Steven! :yahoo: Yahoo!

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
CT scan went well yesterday, but for the 1st time the contrast hit me like a sleep aid. Called off work, slept in until 4 PM. Procedure was at 8:30 AM, and I got home about 9:15. Report posted to my patient portal dashboard this morning.

There is no recurrence of the cancer. :bann:

I do have fatty liver from all the years of heavy drinking and "moderate" arteriosclerosis and heart calcifications, which do run in the family on mom's side. Have NOT had any angina symptoms. I figure if my Grandfather D'Orazio could make it to almost 100 with a bum ticker, I can, too.

Showed arthritis in my hips, lower spine and shoulders.

Now I have guidance on where I need to straighten up and fly right.

ontheriver

CT scan went well yesterday, but for the 1st time the contrast hit me like a sleep aid. Called off work, slept in until 4 PM. Procedure was at 8:30 AM, and I got home about 9:15. Report posted to my patient portal dashboard this morning.

There is no recurrence of the cancer. :bann:

I do have fatty liver from all the years of heavy drinking and "moderate" arteriosclerosis and heart calcifications, which do run in the family on mom's side. Have NOT had any angina symptoms. I figure if my Grandfather D'Orazio could make it to almost 100 with a bum ticker, I can, too.

Showed arthritis in my hips, lower spine and shoulders.

Now I have guidance on where I need to straighten up and fly right.

I am so happy for you! :yahoo:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I do have fatty liver from all the years of heavy drinking and "moderate" arteriosclerosis and heart calcifications, ...
Congratulations! That fatty liver and the rest can be reversed. You can actually make it so that those calcium deposits are removed naturally through diet. You are now in control. Stop all sugars and refined carbohydrates. Look over this fella's, Dr. Berg, videos. It's the sugars and refined carbohydrates, (and alcohol, which is poison sugar), that created your fatty liver and calcium deposits where they shouldn't be. I urge you to try what Dr. Berg recommends. Search his other videos that are related to fatty liver. It really does work. In addition, your blood pressure will go down as well. Also, HFCS is extremely bad because it is only the liver that is able to process the fructose.

I wish you continued good health.

As an side, when anyone sees men, or women, with a gut hanging or protruding, you can pretty much guarantee that they have a fatty liver. Because when the liver becomes full of fat, the fat spills over into the gut. Also known as non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD). And this is because of the current American diet.

wubbles

I don't know you but I am so happy to hear how well you're doing. @LightRoasted provided some great information. Keep up the fight and I look forward to your future updates to get that Hasselhoff body we all dream of (just kidding).

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
If I may ...

Congratulations! That fatty liver and the rest can be reversed. You can actually make it so that those calcium deposits are removed naturally through diet. You are now in control. [respectful znip]
You most certainly may.

I am looking into the keto diet. One medical school site I was reading earlier said that just a 5% drop in weight will have Big benefit.