Capitals / Penguins

BuddyLee

Football addict
I'd be interested to hear the behind the scenes story as to how the Caps, and Ovechkin, prepared for this game.
I think The Bruce just summed it up excellently.

Sometimes it's easier to play on the road. You go to the hotel, eat and stay focused on the game at hand. The Pens seemed focused.

If you're at home you're worrying about getting tickets for all your family, friends and their friends. Your focus isn't all there and that was apparent in this game.

Baz

This. ------------------>
You forgot the rest of your premise.

So, no.

Enjoy your loss tomorrow.

Well, yes...The Penguins ROCKED THE RED out of the playoffs on their (The RED'S) home ice, in game 7, tonight. Short memory?

Enjoy your loss, tonight! :buddies:

Baz

sorry... dont agree at all.

when a goalie makes 40+ saves a night and your team is getting out worked but you win, that goalie won the game for the team.

Martin Brodeur did just that in jersey for years... Jersey wasnt that good. However Brodeur was a beast...

And Varly did that for the caps during the playoffs.

defense wins games, and goalies are the last line in defense

:yeahthat:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Short memory?
Why yes, I think you do.

Didn't that happen last year, too?<!-- google_ad_section_end --><NOINDEX>
Of course, you'd throw in this punch-line. How thoughtful.

Still wrong, spaz. I'm done playing with you though.

You may have the last word as I'm sure you can't resist.

Baz

Why yes, I think you do.

:lol:

I mean, : lol:

donbarzini

Why yes, I think you do.

Well done BL. It's pointless with this......pezzo novante. He's the type of fan, that if "his" Whalers DO win tonight, will stick his chest out and brag and gloat about their "obvious" superiority over everything and everyone. His behavior proves the adage: "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.".

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Oh well, better year than last, and I think we are still going to get better...

But, now the SCP's are WORTHLESS!!!! I won't watch another game, just the highlights on ESPN.... Cuz that's how I roll beetches :lol:

And yes, I am saying if it's not a team I like, I don't watch it :lol:

Mojo

Elliot on DC 101 was talking about how fans were in their seats bawling after the Caps lost last night. I don't get it :doh:. I can understand being on the team and crying after your loss but I don't get how fans can be that wrapped up in it.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Elliot on DC 101 was talking about how fans were in their seats bawling after the Caps lost last night. I don't get it :doh:. I can understand being on the team and crying after your loss but I don't get how fans can be that wrapped up in it.

Hockey is a very intense sport to play and it is very intense for the fan, especially if you're at the game. I can understand some fans crying.

B

Beaver-Cleaver

That sucks for everyone who paid hundreds of dollars for seats -- wasn't even a good game.

Probably because they paid 2k for their seat and realized the Caps crapped the bed last night.

:ohwell: We always have next year... they are a young team with good depth. Deja Vu, this is kinda like how I have felt the past few years about my beloved Redskins.

LordStanley

I know nothing

Those were the fans that lost money on the game :whistle:

Baz

Well done BL. It's pointless with this......pezzo novante. He's the type of fan, that if "his" Whalers DO win tonight, will stick his chest out and brag and gloat about their "obvious" superiority over everything and everyone. His behavior proves the adage: "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.".

I see you're one of those fans who can't get over the whole "Whalers" thing. :ohwell: The Hurricanes have already accomplished more than the Whalers ever did.

Actually, if the Canes pull out a game 7 victory, I will consider them very lucky. Boston has been by far the best team in the East all year long, with maybe the exception of a couple weeks. I never really thought the Canes had much of a chance in this series, until the game 2 shutout. When they went up 3-1 in the series, I felt that if they didn't close it out by at least game 6, they'd be in trouble.

And now with a game 7 in Boston, I expect they'll probably lose. Then again, I don't think anybody expected the kind of game we saw last night, so you never know.

I'll switch over to the generic "Stanley Cup playoffs" thread for further discussion about this series. It's a bit off topic, here.

Caps had a great season. They're making that progression, and should be a contender next year if they can stiffen up on defense, and if Varly can make the transition to full time starter. He's the reason this series even made it to 7, in my opinion.

Black-Francis

I see you're one of those fans who can't get over the whole "Whalers" thing. :ohwell: The Hurricanes have already accomplished more than the Whalers ever did.

Actually, if the Canes pull out a game 7 victory, I will consider them very lucky. Boston has been by far the best team in the East all year long, with maybe the exception of a couple weeks. I never really thought the Canes had much of a chance in this series, until the game 2 shutout. When they went up 3-1 in the series, I felt that if they didn't close it out by at least game 6, they'd be in trouble.

And now with a game 7 in Boston, I expect they'll probably lose. Then again, I don't think anybody expected the kind of game we saw last night, so you never know.

I'll switch over to the generic "Stanley Cup playoffs" thread for further discussion about this series. It's a bit off topic, here.

Caps had a great season. They're making that progression, and should be a contender next year if they can stiffen up on defense, and if Varly can make the transition to full time starter. He's the reason this series even made it to 7, in my opinion.

So were you a Hartford fan?

Baz

So were you a Hartford fan?

No, I started following the organization once they moved to Raleigh. I was living in NC when they moved, and had always been a hockey fan, growing up in Minnesota as a kid.

The North Stars were my favorite team until they moved. I half-heartedly followed Dallas in the west, but not with the same enthusiasm. Sort of picked up on Pittsburgh when I moved to North Carolina, just to have an eastern conference team to follow. Once the Hurricanes were "born", they instantly became my #1 team.

Otter

Nothing to see here
The Caps did better than they did last year. Hopefully they can build from this and do better next year.

Yeah that..Gonna be fun over the next 5 or 6 yrs banging heads with the Pens for supremacy of the east. Both teams are young and talented. :yay:

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
I just doesn't get how they can have 3 overtime games in a series the just get completely blown out in game 7. It just doesn't make sence.

donbarzini

No. I really couldn't care less about the Whalers. I call them the Whalers, just like the Twins and Rangers are both the Senators and the Ravens are the Browns. I still call the Colts the Colts though because they didn't change their name when they snuck away. None of the teams I mentioned moved because of a lack of support. They moved for sweetheart deals of some sort; whether it was free stadii, or no taxes, or in Calvin Griffith's case fewer negroes in Minneapolis/St Paul.