Capitals / Penguins

Baz

This. ------------------>
I think Boston needs to beat Carolina tomorrow before we get too worried about their chances against the Pens.

donbarzini

You think Boston is the tougher team? I haven't been following them so it would be nice to know from a fan as to how they play.

They're tougher than most of the Pens. With the exception of Bill Guerin, the core of that team is built on the European principle. The way to beat a team like that is twofold. 1. Get in their way and knock them on their asses. 2. Irritate their prima donna(Sid, in this case) and turn him into a crybaby. Take every opportunity to clutch, grab, shove, and administer as many facial massages as possible.

BuddyLee

Football addict
I think Boston needs to beat Carolina tomorrow before we get too worried about their chances against the Pens.
Like I said yesterday, Canes better wake up. They just saw a 3-1 series lead disappear. The Bruins have been pretty dominant in the last two games.

BuddyLee

Football addict
They're tougher than most of the Pens. With the exception of Bill Guerin, the core of that team is built on the European principle. The way to beat a team like that is twofold. 1. Get in their way and knock them on their asses. 2. Irritate their prima donna(Sid, in this case) and turn him into a crybaby. Take every opportunity to clutch, grab, shove, and administer as many facial massages as possible.
Sounds like my kinda' hockey team.:yay:

donbarzini

At least Hershey won their series....

And that's another black mark against Cap's management. The fact that Hershey has dominated AHL for the length of time that they have indicates that quite a bit of that talent should be in the show, rather than languishing next door to a chocolate factory.

Baz

And that's another black mark against Cap's management. The fact that Hershey has dominated AHL for the length of time that they have indicates that quite a bit of that talent should be in the show, rather than languishing next door to a chocolate factory.

Hershey's dominated the AHL??? :lol:

Hershey was a Colorado franchise before too long ago.

Baz

So, they're going to go after the Penguins like the Flyers did?

OldHillcrestGuy

At least Hershey won their series....

:yay:

The future is so bright for the Caps, they have a hell a good farm system. I dont see many changes for the Caps next year, should be just about all the same players, we will proably find out shortly if Fedorov is coming back, he's not the player he use to be, but is great for the experience and for a mentor for the younger Russian players on the team.
I see Varly as the main goalie next year, if Theodore is not happy let him go we have the other young kid in Hershey, Neuvirth.
I think the Caps will end next season with more points then they had this year. Theodore blew at least 5 games with poor goaltending.

GO CAPS 2009-2010

B

Beaver-Cleaver

You obviously missed the Penguins home games. They called :bs: penalties on the Caps every chance they could.

I hope your Bruins are good at killing the power plays.

Baz

Congrats to the Washington fans on a great regular season. :clap:

Looks like the Penguins ROCKED THE RED Right out of the playoffs in game 7 on the RED home ice.

Didn't that happen last year, too?

BuddyLee

Football addict
:yay:

The future is so bright for the Caps, they have a hell a good farm system. I dont see many changes for the Caps next year, should be just about all the same players, we will proably find out shortly if Fedorov is coming back, he's not the player he use to be, but is great for the experience and for a mentor for the younger Russian players on the team.
I see Varly as the main goalie next year, if Theodore is not happy let him go we have the other young kid in Hershey, Neuvirth.
I think the Caps will end next season with more points then they had this year. Theodore blew at least 5 games with poor goaltending.

GO CAPS 2009-2010
I see a few changes on defense coming but not many.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Oh I wouldnt count on that, Boston has one the best goalie's in the league, maybe not the firepower but they have hell of a defense. Will also have home ice advantage, if that means anything.

We'll see. The Caps are one of the better teams in the league, had a hot goalie and, frankly, it's amazing they pushed this to seven. The Penns are playing well, out played us most of the series and have two guys who can win a game. Boston has not one. Who left does? :buddies: