Capitals / Penguins

BuddyLee

Football addict
Great job Caps fans for the show of support.:yay:

I know the players are full of disappointment but they've come a helluva long way from last year.

LordStanley

I know nothing
We'll see. The Caps are one of the better teams in the league, had a hot goalie and, frankly, it's amazing they pushed this to seven. The Penns are playing well, out played us most of the series and have two guys who can win a game. Boston has not one. Who left does? :buddies:

The caps have 2 players that can win games. Ovie and Varlamov....

Niether one produced tonight...

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Good series by both teams. The Penguins, though, were hungrier for it than the Caps. I remember the looks on their faces last year at the end of the deciding Stanley Cup game -- they want it more than the Caps do.

Go Penguins!!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Black-Francis

We'll see. The Caps are one of the better teams in the league, had a hot goalie and, frankly, it's amazing they pushed this to seven. The Penns are playing well, out played us most of the series and have two guys who can win a game. Boston has not one. Who left does? :buddies:

Tim Thomas is a hot goalie.

OldHillcrestGuy

Ive tried to catch all the playoffs games, first with the Rangers and now with the Pens, but Ive got a very scary streak going being a Cap fan, I was unable to watch game 6 with the Rangers a must win and the Caps won, also game 7 was unable to watch Caps win. Last night a must win for Caps unable to watch and Caps win that one, Im beside myself as to what to do for game 7 tomorrow.

I'll be watching, just hope Im not jinxing them.

Ok guys blame me for this loss, I watched the whole thing, I jinxed them. :bawl:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The caps have 2 players that can win games. Ovie and Varlamov....

Niether one produced tonight...

Goalies don't win games. They can save them. They can lose them. Not win them. If a goalie plays perfect he still needs a goal. And Varly is a kid who was basically an unknown two weeks ago.

I'd be interested to hear the behind the scenes story as to how the Caps, and Ovechkin, prepared for this game.

Baz

This. ------------------>
Read that and tell me if it makes sense, dummy!

I enjoy your excitement about flaunting your dumbassedness. :buddies:

ROCK THE RED!!!! (On the golf course on Sunday...)

FORE!!!!

Attachments

• ovech_golf.jpg
    ovech_golf.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 36

LordStanley

I know nothing
Goalies don't win games. They can save them. They can lose them. Not win them. If a goalie plays perfect he still needs a goal. And Varly is a kid who was basically an unknown two weeks ago.

I'd be interested to hear the behind the scenes story as to how the Caps, and Ovechkin, prepared for this game.

sorry... dont agree at all.

when a goalie makes 40+ saves a night and your team is getting out worked but you win, that goalie won the game for the team.

Martin Brodeur did just that in jersey for years... Jersey wasnt that good. However Brodeur was a beast...

And Varly did that for the caps during the playoffs.

defense wins games, and goalies are the last line in defense