Capitals / Penguins

OldHillcrestGuy

Yeah, It might not even take 6, split in Pitt. come back to Washington win game 5, move on to 3rd round.:yahoo:

First time ever the Caps have had the hottest goalie in the playoffs.

Baz

This. ------------------>
Yeah, It might not even take 6, split in Pitt. come back to Washington win game 5, move on to 3rd round.:yahoo:

First time ever the Caps have had the hottest goalie in the playoffs.

So, Washington wins 2 home games by a goal, and you're good with that.

Interesting.

The Penguins aren't even my favorite team. (Carolina) But are you up for some sort of wager? An avatar bet, perhaps?

OldHillcrestGuy

Caps have won 5 straight games in the playoffs to this point, hottest team going right now in the playoffs. Its really hard in the playoffs to keep streaks like that going, I think Pittsburgh will take the first game, game 3 in Pittsburgh, Caps come back and take game 4, then come home and win game 5. They do need Esrkine back and I hope Semin wasnt injured there at the end of the game, when he went off holding his wrist. So lets change my earlier prediction in post #17 Caps in 6 to Caps in 5.:yahoo:

Baz

Caps have won 5 straight games in the playoffs to this point, hottest team going right now in the playoffs. Its really hard in the playoffs to keep streaks like that going, I think Pittsburgh will take the first game, game 3 in Pittsburgh, Caps come back and take game 4, then come home and win game 5. They do need Esrkine back and I hope Semin wasnt injured there at the end of the game, when he went off holding his wrist. So lets change my earlier prediction in post #17 Caps in 6 to Caps in 5.:yahoo:

I understand your enthusiasm.

Will you back that up with an avatar wager, or is it just talk?

OldHillcrestGuy

So, Washington wins 2 home games by a goal, and you're good with that.

Interesting.

The Penguins aren't even my favorite team. (Carolina) But are you up for some sort of wager? An avatar bet, perhaps?

Im good with those 1 goal victories, that last goal tonight was a garbage goal, playoff games are always close. Being a Cap fan from day one, anytime we win in the playoffs Im happy with it, espeically with our playoff history.
Carolina, your team Im rooting for to beat Boston and both the Caps and Cane's advance, so that the Caps continue to have home ice advantage. Also to show that there are good teams in the Southeastern Division, got in a discussion earlier this year with someone and he was trying to down play this division as being weak, I pointed out to him how in a certain number of the past years (cant remember the number) there were at least 2 Stanley Cup Champions, including your Cane's and another 2 teams (I think it was)that played in the Champion Series from the Southeastern. Good Luck to your Cane's against Boston.

PS: I lose enough money to Gov O'Malley in the Md. Lottery:killingme

Last edited:

Baz

Im good with those 1 goal victories, that last goal tonight was a garbage goal, playoff games are always close. Being a Cap fan from day one, anytime we win in the playoffs Im happy with it, espeically with our playoff history.
Carolina, your team Im rooting for to beat Boston and both the Caps and Cane's advance, so that the Caps continue to have home ice advantage. Also to show that there are good teams in the Southeastern Division, got in a discussion earlier this year with someone and he was trying to down play this division as being weak, I pointed out to him how in a certain number of the past years (cant remember the number) there were at least 2 Stanley Cup Champions, including your Cane's and another 2 teams (I think it was)that played in the Champion Series from the Southeastern. Good Luck to your Cane's against Boston.

PS: I lose enough money to Gov O'Malley in the Md. Lottery:killingme

I understand why people consider the SE weak. Yes, the Lightning and 'Canes have won a Stanley cup, but most of these fans are old schoolers. They're all about the old Patrick, which was a great division. Still is, but now it's without Washington. Carolina has handled themselves well, looking at where they had to grow. I went to many playoff games in Raleigh...that place brings it as strong as MSG.

So you up for an avatar bet? I've asked 3 times, now.