Caps!

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Ohg, I'm afraid it's not winnable at this point.

The damn officials tonight did anything they could to ensure a Philidelphia victory. :ohwell:

Andy..really...

It's playoff hockey..the refs let 'em play..always have. And the penalty shot was because Richards was tripped.

Last edited:

LordStanley

I know nothing
you know what!!!! Im not even going to read the last 10 pages. Cause I know Kerad is talking trash and the rest of the Caps fans have no idea what the hell they are talking about.

First off... The refs have sucked for the whole series. both teams got away with a lot of shit!!!

All I have to say is Ovechkunt better wake up, or the series is going to be over quick

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'll...

you know what!!!! Im not even going to read the last 10 pages. Cause I know Kerad is talking trash and the rest of the Caps fans have no idea what the hell they are talking about.

First off... The refs have sucked for the whole series. both teams got away with a lot of shit!!!

All I have to say is Ovechkunt better wake up, or the series is going to be over quick

...tell you what I saw; a bunch of lose play and very bad turnovers by the Caps in an otherwise good intensity well paced and exciting game. As for the refs, they gave the 3rd goal to us. That was text book high stick. No goal.

LordStanley

I know nothing
...tell you what I saw; a bunch of lose play and very bad turnovers by the Caps in an otherwise good intensity well paced and exciting game. As for the refs, they gave the 3rd goal to us. That was text book high stick. No goal.

They even went to toronto, who also looks at the replays and toronto said it was a goal...

chess

low 5... hi 5......
that tripping call was bull#### that resulted in a penalty shot... It should have been hooking 2 minute minor... simple as that...

chess

low 5... hi 5......
He was clearly on a breakaway...it was the proper call.

you are a freaking retard... if you think he had a "breakaway" he had a step i dont consider that a breakaway at all by any means... secondly it shouldnt have been a penalty shot..

Kerad

you are a freaking retard... if you think he had a "breakaway" he had a step i dont consider that a breakaway at all by any means... secondly it shouldnt have been a penalty shot..

You're calling me the retard?!?! :lol: Go discuss something you have a clue about.

NHL.com - Rulebook

In cases where a player is fouled from behind (Rule 91(b)), four criteria must be met in order for the Referee to award a penalty shot:

1. The infraction must have taken place in the opponent's half of the ice, i.e. over the center red line.
2. The infraction must have been committed from behind.
3. The player in possession and control (or, in the judgment of the Referee, clearly would have obtained possession and control of the puck) must have been denied a reasonable chance to score.

(NOTE) The fact that he got a shot off does not automatically eliminate this play from the penalty shot consideration criteria. If the foul was from behind and he was denied a "more" reasonable scoring opportunity due to the foul, then the penalty shot should be awarded.

4. The player in possession and control (or, in the judgment of the Referee, clearly would have obtained possession and control of the puck) must have had no opposing player between himself and the goalkeeper.

chess

low 5... hi 5......
you obviously aint a caps fan LMFAO must be a pens or flyers fan...

my statement was as TIGHT as the game was being called that shouldnt have been a PS... simple as that... the refs are blowing goat in this game... rather sad..

Kerad

my statement was as TIGHT as the game was being called that shouldnt have been a PS... simple as that... the refs are blowing goat in this game... rather sad..

This has nothing to do with what team I'm a fan of. It has to do with whether or not that penalty shot was the right call. It clearly was. Just becasue it went against your team doesn't change that.

LordStanley

I know nothing

As tight as the game was being called :killingme:killingme:killingme

You did watch the game right?!?!?

Come on, even a resonable hockey fan could agree that the refs didnt call nearly what they should have. Blatent crosschecks to the back are not called, highsticks to the face are not called... But Derian Hatcher just barley pushes Mike Green and they call that crosschecking!!!!!

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

that tripping call was bull#### that resulted in a penalty shot... It should have been hooking 2 minute minor... simple as that...

I disagree and found that I would RATHER have taken the chance and given them a penalty shot. Do you realize that if they had called a 2 minute minor, we would have only had 50 or so seconds of even strength at the end of the game? I would rather have taken the chance, given them a PS and just hoped Huet came up big. The Caps would have been all but screwed if the refs had called a 2 minute. :yay:

LastSon

Man of Tomorrow
I honestly have no problem with the call. Thats playoff hockey. Huet needs to keep his stick in position and make that easy save.

The problem I have is the fact that Richards clearly took the dive to draw the penalty on that play, but then later taunted Ovechkin when he thought Ovie took a dive. I was honestly very concerned for Ovechkin's health after that play because it was close to being one of those infamous knee-to-knee plays that have downed many a superstar in the NHL.