Caps!

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

We gotta take one in Philly tomorrow - we don't want to come back home down 3-1. But I agree kinda - Philly is outplaying us and we look nervous out there. The only Caps who look calm are Fedorov, Kozlov, and maybe Green.....

I wouldn't even include Green. And it is disappointing.

Who I WOULD include is Huet :yay:

BuddyLee

Football addict
...the team very well, but, from what I see, they are competitive and simply make too many dumb turnovers in all three games. Philly looks better, but not so much that it won't go 7.
Oh, I agree.

Philly mans a press defense at times and Washington just can't handle it.

As soon as they make a minute slip-up pass its a turn-over. As soon as one player can't get past that one or two person press its a turn-over.

They have the offense for they seem to be on the opponents end more often than not but they just have to work on their technique.

wxtornado

The Other White Meat
And is it me, or does it seem like we aren't taking nearly enough shots? I don't even know what the numbers are..........

BuddyLee

Football addict
...the team very well, but, from what I see, they are competitive and simply make too many dumb turnovers in all three games. Philly looks better, but not so much that it won't go 7.
BTW, what is your expert opinion on the Redskins schedule?:eyebrow:

BuddyLee

Football addict
And is it me, or does it seem like we aren't taking nearly enough shots? I don't even know what the numbers are..........
I've only seen game two and in that game we took a plethora of shots. However, that Philly goalie played lights out.:lol:

OldHillcrestGuy

No they are not taking enough shots, on the power play they are doing there cute little passes back and forth waiting for the perfect shot, they did this during the regular season as well. I find mysellf sitting there screaming at the TV 'shoot the puck' cant always wait for the open shot, heck shoot it and it might just deflect of someone and go in.
Caps are a very young team and are not use to the intensity of the Stanley Cup playoffs, they are all learning from this and as they continue to grow to together the experience will pay off down the road.
There are only a very few on the Caps with any playoff experince, the Flyers know that and they are intiminating the young guys. Caps need one or two more enforcers, like Brasheer(sp) maybe another on the third line and not just the fourth line.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
No they are not taking enough shots, on the power play they are doing there cute little passes back and forth waiting for the perfect shot, they did this during the regular season as well. I find mysellf sitting there screaming at the TV 'shoot the puck' cant always wait for the open shot, heck shoot it and it might just deflect of someone and go in.

You are so right, OHG -- the Caps did this during regular season and they snapped out of it. Now everybody's whipped up because we lost two games. Okay, two VERY important games and now everyone's piling on and blaming Ovie and Huet but they aren't the only two players on the team. If the goalie has no "D" in front of him and the Flyers have strait-jacketed Ovie, the Caps will have to adjust and the other guys not named Ovechkin, Semin, Laich, Green, Kozlov, Backstrom or Federov will have to step up.

LordStanley

I know nothing
Caps are a very young team and are not use to the intensity of the Stanley Cup playoffs, they are all learning from this and as they continue to grow to together the experience will pay off down the road.
There are only a very few on the Caps with any playoff experince, the Flyers know that and they are intiminating the young guys. Caps need one or two more enforcers, like Brasheer(sp) maybe another on the third line and not just the fourth line.

Enforcers for what??? So you guys can spend more time in the penalty box??? Pushing people around and fighting for no reason, wont win you a game. Goon it up all you want, but smart hockey wins.

You may want to rethink your comment. Brashears line is the only one that has sustained any pressure in the offensive zone and scored goals because of it. Your best bet is to keep brashear on the ice and not sitting for 5 minutes.

Peter Forsberg

Enforcers for what??? So you guys can spend more time in the penalty box??? Pushing people around and fighting for no reason, wont win you a game. Goon it up all you want, but smart hockey wins.

You may want to rethink your comment. Brashears line is the only one that has sustained any pressure in the offensive zone and scored goals because of it. Your best bet is to keep brashear on the ice and not sitting for 5 minutes.

:yeahthat:

wxtornado

The Other White Meat
Looks like we have another line shuffle:

Fedorov will be centering Ovie and Kozlov
Backstrom will be centering Laich and Semin

At least this is what they did at practice yesterday - we shall see.

chess

low 5... hi 5......

change is effective tonight...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I still...

...can't get my head around the fact that a guy who played in the Soviet Union plays for us.

Kerad

Dammit!

I have to work late tonight...probably won't get out of here until 9ish. So much for watching the game. Hockey on the radio, I guess.

I'm hoping the Caps put on their big boy pants tonight and tie this thing up. If they come out looking anything like they did in game 3...this series is done.

OldHillcrestGuy

Yes Brashear's line has been very effective so far, Im just saying maybe if the third line had one big brusier, that would be 2 of the four lines, when Brasheers line is not out there is when Philly is running into Huet and taking advantage of our young inexperince players, I dont think Philly would even think about running down the goalie if he were on the ice.
Back in the days when the Caps were really good early 90's they had many a scrappy player Stevens, Watson,Hunter,Hatcher even Kelly Miller he's the one who dropped pretty boy Mario with one punch. Now the Caps have alot of finese players these European players arent much on being brusiers, although Ovie is a exception.
Must win game for Caps tonight.

OldHillcrestGuy

I have to work late tonight...probably won't get out of here until 9ish. So much for watching the game. Hockey on the radio, I guess.

I'm hoping the Caps put on their big boy pants tonight and tie this thing up. If they come out looking anything like they did in game 3...this series is done.

Its on 1500AM I think, if you are in St Marys or lower Calvert could have problem picking it up.

A must win GO CAPS

LordStanley

I know nothing
Yes Brashear's line has been very effective so far, Im just saying maybe if the third line had one big brusier, that would be 2 of the four lines, when Brasheers line is not out there is when Philly is running into Huet and taking advantage of our young inexperince players, I dont think Philly would even think about running down the goalie if he were on the ice.
Back in the days when the Caps were really good early 90's they had many a scrappy player Stevens, Watson,Hunter,Hatcher even Kelly Miller he's the one who dropped pretty boy Mario with one punch. Now the Caps have alot of finese players these European players arent much on being brusiers, although Ovie is a exception.
Must win game for Caps tonight.

Dude... Hockey has come along way since the age of the goon. Who is brashear going to go after. 5 foot 4 Danny Briere???

Dont make this to be about crashing the net and running over goal tenders. ALL TEAMS IN THE NHL DO IT.... MOST OF THE TIME THE GOALIES OWN DEFENSE IS TO BLAME, cause they either crosscheck them into the goalie or they ride him in. Adding another goon to the team wont solve that problem.

I can recall that caps have hit Biron pretty hard crashing the net in the last 2 games....

If you want to keep players out of the caps crease, put in big ol Kolzig. He has no problem clearing out his own net!

Last edited: