cheating

J

juggy4805

LexiGirl75 said:

It doesn't have to be a celebration. I said periodically not regularly. :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:

somd whisper

LexiGirl75 said:
Mommy-wife in that I don't want my husband to see me as a mommy first and foremost. I think when you have children and are married you are more of a mom than a wife and I don't want to be a mommy in my husband's eyes.

Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong (of course not) with being seen as a mom by your husband. I don't want any more children and I enjoy being the top dog in raising my children so if I were to get married now (knowing me) I would want to still be the top dog as far as my household and that may not exactly be fair given situations.

Secondly, since I have the option to be a mom w/o being a wife too, I choose to only be seen as a woman for that man who is my husband. Yes, I have children and he will know that I am a mother of course but it won't be in his view every day.

I guess my reason is, I am being a mom and before children I would have loved to be a mommy-wife but since I haven't been a wife my idea of becoming one does not include being a mom at the same time.

For me marriage will be me becoming one with the man I hope to spend the rest of my life with. It will just be us against the world doing our thing every where. The sky is the limit.

Also, as a single mom there have been plenty of obstacles and though I have overcome them I want something to be obstacle free and I choose that to be my marriage. Now, it's not to say I think marriage will be smooth sailing but I think it would be easier to be the me I want to be in life without playing a role to someone other than my husband, as his friend/partner/lover etc. This is why I choose to be a mom first, complete the raising of my children into adulthood and give them my undivided attention

The revision would be drastic in that I probably would not want to do things the way I would do them now as a mom. Laundry, cooking, grocery shopping, bills, doctor's appointments, for everyone in the house. I want it to be equal or even individual. Instead of sitting home most nights I am probably going to join book clubs, bowling leagues etc. All of those things I probably wouldn't be doing as a mom because the children are in basketball, football etc.

I don't want to shock a man or get him use to me one way and then have him wake up and ask who is this rebellious woman who doesn't cook me dinner anymore (be quiet Wenchy :biggrin: ).

I don't know how marriage or my future husband would be but I am thinking ahead about how I want it to be and in a way that I believe I will be happy.

Ohhhh. Ok. Thanks I understand a little better now. :huggy: How old are your kids?

Last edited:
LexiGirl75 said:
The revision would be drastic in that I probably would not want to do things the way I would do them now as a mom. Laundry, cooking, grocery shopping, bills, doctor's appointments, for everyone in the house. I want it to be equal or even individual. Instead of sitting home most nights I am probably going to join book clubs, bowling leagues etc. All of those things I probably wouldn't be doing as a mom because the children are in basketball, football etc.

I don't want to shock a man or get him use to me one way and then have him wake up and ask who is this rebellious woman who doesn't cook me dinner anymore (be quiet Wenchy :biggrin: ).

I don't know how marriage or my future husband would be but I am thinking ahead about how I want it to be and in a way that I believe I will be happy.
I hope you do realize the reality is that about the same time you are finished raising your kids, you will have reached an age where body parts will start rebelling and odds are you will be dealing with one health crisis or another of your own. It may be hard for you to establish a long lasting, loving relationship at that point in life as you will probably be dealing with men that are looking for a low-maintenance mate to have fun with. :shrug:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
kwillia said:
I hope you do realize the reality is that about the same time you are finished raising your kids, you will have reached an age where body parts will start rebelling and odds are you will be dealing with one health crisis or another of your own. It may be hard for you to establish a long lasting, loving relationship at that point in life as you will probably be dealing with men that are looking for a low-maintenance mate to have fun with. :shrug:
...and sometimes I don't know wtf lexi is trying to say. :eyebrow:

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
somd whisper said:
Ohhhh. Ok. Thanks I understand a little better now. How old are your kids?

12 (March) and 8 (June). I know I plan on being single a while lol. But right after they are adults I don't plan to marry unless I have been in a relationship that really is leading that way. I plan to take a year or two to myself after the youngest turns 18.

I forgot to mention that I want to do advocacy, charity and social work such as start my own scholarship program for inner city youths and volunteer my time at women's and children's shelters. Start an empowerment group for teen mothers who find themselves struggling to make it.

I think that my career will lead that way by then so that my husband does not feel neglected because outside of my regular job I have all these causes. They will be a part of my work day.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
kwillia said:

I will be 40 and I don't intend to have one foot in the grave. Although you are right because at 30 I see a lot of changes. I won't give up on finding love because I believe that just at the time where I am ready to share my life with someone there will be a man in his 40's or 30's that is also ready.

It's not (just) going to be about sex but common goals, shared interests, desires and aspirations for the future. And I don't plan to just be sitting on the porch rocking in a chair and pouring lemonade for my husband. I want to be active and out and about.

Last edited:

CandyRain

kwillia said:
:yikes: She won't even be 40 yet! I'll be 47 when my son is 18 and I never imagined I'd be medically high maintenance at that age :bawl:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
CandyRain said:
:yikes: She won't even be 40 yet! I'll be 47 when my son is 18 and I never imagined I'd be medically high maintenance at that age :bawl:
:lol: I was that age when my son was born

somd whisper

LexiGirl75 said:
I will be 40 and I don't intend to have one foot in the grave. Although you are right because at 30 I see a lot of changes. I won't give up on finding love because I believe that just at the time where I am ready to share my life with someone there will be a man in his 40's or 30's that is also ready.

It's not (just) going to be about sex but common goals, shared interests, desires and aspirations for the future. And I don't plan to just be sitting on the porch rocking in a chair and pouring lemonade for my husband. I want to be active and out and about.
:huggy:
Well hugs to you! :huggy: I wish you the best.

somd whisper

LexiGirl75 said:
12 (March) and 8 (June). I know I plan on being single a while lol. But right after they are adults I don't plan to marry unless I have been in a relationship that really is leading that way. I plan to take a year or two to myself after the youngest turns 18.

I forgot to mention that I want to do advocacy, charity and social work such as start my own scholarship program for inner city youths and volunteer my time at women's and children's shelters. Start an empowerment group for teen mothers who find themselves struggling to make it.

I think that my career will lead that way by then so that my husband does not feel neglected because outside of my regular job I have all these causes. They will be a part of my work day.

AND KUDOS'S for the wanting to want to do advocacy, charity and social work such as start your own scholarship program for inner city youths and volunteer your time at women's and children's shelters. Start an empowerment group for teen mothers who find themselves struggling to make it.

CandyRain said:
I didn't realize she popped her pups out at such a tender young age... she'll be hitting prime at 40... but by 47 body parts will start falling off...:huggy:

somd whisper

kwillia said:
I didn't realize she popped her pups out at such a tender young age... she'll be hitting prime at 40... but by 47 body parts will start falling off...:huggy:

WOAAAA
I am almost 40 and I plan using on superglue on anything that falls off unless it is my rather large :whistle:

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
somd whisper said:
AND KUDOS'S for the wanting to want to do advocacy, charity and social work such as start your own scholarship program for inner city youths and volunteer your time at women's and children's shelters. Start an empowerment group for teen mothers who find themselves struggling to make it.

Thanks new friend :huggy: and just where have you been all of my forum life :lol:

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
kwillia said:

Yes, I was doing it in the park, doing it after dark, oh yeah :getdown: at a young age. That's why I am done. It's been a long 13 years including pregnancy.

I have 4 nephews 1 neice a new baby cousin to arrive this month and a nephew or neice on the way. As the oldest of 6 children, I didn't just pass the torch I was beat upside the head and jacked for it. :lmao: So I am done.

saddlemount

Mudslinger
Gemmi said:
Well..As I said....If you are in that situation then get a divorce first. I know s*** happens and things change. But if you're not happy then leave.

Interesting. So you think a guy has to be "unhappy" to want to sleep with another woman? It's not possible to be happy in your marriage but still attracted to another person? Well.. I guess it's good that you have such a neat orderly world... wonder what that's like.