Child neglect?

nomoney

You were wrong.

:love: And THAT is my point that seems to be eluding so many! I honestly didn't think it needed to be spelled out for them. It was safer years ago simply because there weren't as many people here. More people = more crime. Common sense and fact of life. :yay:

oooohhh... so because you grew up in a town of 24 people...you were safe Baja. Only 1 of those 24 could've probably sodomized you.
Now I, having lived in many different towns of many different population sizes still view this place as safe enough to leave a 9 year old in a car. You however are stuck of your days when sheriff Dunberry and his squad of mayberry cast offs were enough to stop you demon children from tipping over farmer Joe's cows.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
as a percentage of population it is probably the same as it was
Maybe you're right but I don't believe so. There are some sick mutha's out there today. S

ure there were sick'os back then but there are a lot more now. :lol:

PRIVATEYE

This was not the media's fault. That was copied directly from a press release sent out by CCSO. Just for clarity.:yay:

understand. guess the PIO at CCSO didnt read anything more than the name either. male 195 lbs 6 ft 3.. that'd be one amazon woman i'd say :)

PRIVATEYE

depending on time of day, and sometimes that does not even matter... i am cautious about leaving my THIRTEEN year old daughter in the car alone to run into a store.... i wonder, would she really be able to defend herself against a grown man if he were to busts out a window, snatch the door open and attempt to kidnap her. would she be able to think clearly and not panic? are you kidding? she could dial 911...but really?? why chance that? i certainly wouldnt leave my 9 yr old alone... they are not mentally prepared to deal with emergency situations of that nature.... i know grown women that would freak out if same situation occured. just a parental choice at this point.

somdfunguy

not impressed
depending on time of day, and sometimes that does not even matter... i am cautious about leaving my THIRTEEN year old daughter in the car alone to run into a store.... i wonder, would she really be able to defend herself against a grown man if he were to busts out a window, snatch the door open and attempt to kidnap her. would she be able to think clearly and not panic? are you kidding? she could dial 911...but really?? why chance that? i certainly wouldnt leave my 9 yr old alone... they are not mentally prepared to deal with emergency situations of that nature.... i know grown women that would freak out if same situation occured. just a parental choice at this point.

parental choice is better than forced government parenting

Midnightrider

correct but there are even more non sickos now than then

exactly, the crime RATE is what is important in determining if it is more or less dangerous. From what has been posted, it appears as if the rate is about the same. That doesn't equal more dangerous.

If my kids were with me when I drove to a grocery store they always came in with me... that was my choice. If I chose to leave my kids in the car I most certainly wouldn't expect a freakfest because they are my kids and as their parents I make the parenting decisions for them.

somdfunguy

not impressed
exactly, the crime RATE is what is important in determining if it is more or less dangerous. From what has been posted, it appears as if the rate is about the same. That doesn't equal more dangerous.

funny thing about numbers

one could say crime rate is worse if looked at number of crimes committed annually in a given area

PRIVATEYE

If my kids were with me when I drove to a grocery store they always came in with me... that was my choice. If I chose to leave my kids in the car I most certainly wouldn't expect a freakfest because they are my kids and as their parents I make the parenting decisions for them.

is it really a freakfest though because someone called about a 2 yr old left in a vehicle with a 9 yr old? i think maybe MORE people SHOULD care about these types of situations/kids? what about the parent that is driving down the road... 3 kids in the backseat - all under the age of maybe 5...one very obvious only about 2 yrs old...NONE buckled into the seat at all...when really by law, they should be in carseats..?? all the while she is texting/driving at same time?? there just is no room for laziness when it comes to parenting or being a guardian of children. carseats are FREE... organizations have giveaways all the time for carseats... no excuse for it. run the medic unit or rescue squad one time and see a dead child from not being buckled in properly and you would understand my rant here. i've done it and it's not pretty. kids are at the mercy of the adults around them. do people really care this little about kids? it's so sad.

MMDad

Lem Putt
My mom used to leave me and my 2 years younger cousin in the car all them time when we were little.

And there we have it. Since you just got done voting your mother as "Best Mother of All Time!" we know that everyone should emulate her.

Or maybe not.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
is it really a freakfest though because someone called about a 2 yr old left in a vehicle with a 9 yr old? i think maybe MORE people SHOULD care about these types of situations/kids? what about the parent that is driving down the road... 3 kids in the backseat - all under the age of maybe 5...one very obvious only about 2 yrs old...NONE buckled into the seat at all...when really by law, they should be in carseats..?? all the while she is texting/driving at same time?? there just is no room for laziness when it comes to parenting or being a guardian of children. carseats are FREE... organizations have giveaways all the time for carseats... no excuse for it. run the medic unit or rescue squad one time and see a dead child from not being buckled in properly and you would understand my rant here. i've done it and it's not pretty. kids are at the mercy of the adults around them. do people really care this little about kids? it's so sad.

Years ago I did call in a woman for having a baby in the front seat. No car seat or any attempt to use the seatbelt. She has holding it down in the seat with her right hand as she turned from Mattawoman-Beantown Rd onto Route 5 south. UFB.