Child neglect?

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
so what is the age to be left alone in a car that is acceptable to all of you freaking out?

Im sort of more interested in who, if they saw what appeared to be a two year old and a nine year old in the car would call the police? Who would be soooo convinced it was neglectful and abusive that they would get out their phone and call them?

and this is poor reporting on the media's part.... it was not two women... although 1 has a female first name, one of the charged is in fact a male. husband and wife or brother and sister...but it was not 2 women. just for clarity.

Interesting. As a caveat, I am only responding to the story as given, I have no inside information so I cant say what got the person's who called attention or what have you..the story, as reported, is what I am responding to specifically.

sockgirl77

and this is poor reporting on the media's part.... it was not two women... although 1 has a female first name, one of the charged is in fact a male. husband and wife or brother and sister...but it was not 2 women. just for clarity.

This was not the media's fault. That was copied directly from a press release sent out by CCSO. Just for clarity.:yay:

Midnightrider

Trolls don't post, and I've been posting, so I'm not a troll.

and I don't recall an argument.

:WR: :whoosh:

really, then how do they troll? BTW, an off topic post, in a thread you werent participating in, with the only intent to criticize a posters grammar or spelling is a troll :yay:

yep, you are pretty dense.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
How about you see post 124 and tell me wth it has to do with anything?
I know you're smarter than that. Do you really believe that this area is not more dangerous than it was 40 years ago? Really?? Or are you just being obtuse?

If it was just as dangerous, why do we need so many more police now?

Maybe I overlooked your point because I cannot believe that some don't believe it's more dangerous now. :nomoney: :middouche:
Baja, before we moved to St. Mary's County we lived in Forrestville, MD in the apartment complex across the street from Penn Mar Shopping Center... Yes, I truly believe I had just as many "dangers" when we moved to St. Mary's as I faced in ghetto PG.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I know you're smarter than that. Do you really believe that this area is not more dangerous than it was 40 years ago? Really?? Or are you just being obtuse?

We need more police now because our population has expanded exponentially in the past 20-30 years. :rolleyes:

Midnightrider

Baja, before we moved to St. Mary's County we lived in Forrestville, MD in the apartment complex across the street from Penn Mar Shopping Center... Yes, I truly believe I had just as many "dangers" when we moved to St. Mary's as I faced in ghetto PG.

per capita, its the missing piece of this equation.

OMG I work in the ghetto too?! :cds:

Seriously, I am just down the street from there...near the fire station and Murry's :ohwell:

somdfunguy

not impressed

as a percentage of population it is probably the same as it was

nomoney

Maybe because the population has quadtripled? That would be one reason.
There's more crime now....yes; you're right. But that is only because there are more people. Not because magically over 40 years people have turned more evil.

Are you so obtuse to say that 40 years ago it was all rainbows and unicorns ####ting cotton candy?

I for one am like totally way way younger than you. (I used "like totally" just to prove that). So I wasn't around to twirl the wooden hoop and attend those sock hops you seem to be so fond of. But I do watch a hella lot out of that crime tv ####. There were just as many whaco's stealing babies and making them into ski masks as there are now.

Now seriously, WTF does post 124 have to do with anything. I'm starting to get a complex.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
You were wrong.

We need more police now because our population has expanded exponentially in the past 20-30 years. :rolleyes:
:love: And THAT is my point that seems to be eluding so many! I honestly didn't think it needed to be spelled out for them. It was safer years ago simply because there weren't as many people here. More people = more crime. Common sense and fact of life. :yay:

FED_UP

In this day and age leaving children at that age in the car alone is not a good idea, too many child predator sick bastages out their, stop being f ing lazy.

somdfunguy

not impressed
You were wrong.

:love: And THAT is my point that seems to be eluding so many! I honestly didn't think it needed to be spelled out for them. It was safer years ago simply because there weren't as many people here. More people = more crime. Common sense and fact of life. :yay:

then you could say it is also more safe as well

per capita, its the missing piece of this equation.
We had to walk many, many blocks from the apartment complex to Forrestville Elementary, we played on community playgrounds or in the community grass areas in the apartment complex, when it was time to go home we had to walk in stairwells and past apartment doors of folks we didn't know. We lived on the edge of highways, we had wooded areas, etc. and yes, we had a much larger population than what we had when we moved to Mechanicsville. But the truth is less numbers in overall population didn't remove or limit the danger. There were child molesters, drug users, violent people, etc. living in Mechanicsville too.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Maybe because the population has quadtripled? That would be one reason.
There's more crime now....yes; you're right. But that is only because there are more people. Not because magically over 40 years people have turned more evil.

Are you so obtuse to say that 40 years ago it was all rainbows and unicorns ####ting cotton candy?

I for one am like totally way way younger than you. (I used "like totally" just to prove that). So I wasn't around to twirl the wooden hoop and attend those sock hops you seem to be so fond of. But I do watch a hella lot out of that crime tv ####. There were just as many whaco's stealing babies and making them into ski masks as there are now.

Now seriously, WTF does post 124 have to do with anything. I'm starting to get a complex.
:lmao: You get it now!! :love:

I never said people became more evil. Never.

I said the area had grown and was more dangerous. And I was right. :diva: