Chris Benoit

tugboater

Miller Tang Soo Do Rocks
RIP Rabid Wolverine.I think he was one of the best technical wrestler there was. Go up there and put your buddy Eddie Guerrero in the crippler crossface.

Spudtrooper

Taking out trailer trash
vraiblonde said:
This is amazing:
http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/superstars/chrisbenoit/articles/benoitretrospective

Fox News is saying he killed his wife and son, then killed himself. If that's true, then WWE's tribute is inappropriate.
No One knows right now WHAT happened. That is what forensics is for. They had 4 hours or so to process this information and he was a friend and employee,they had no clue at the time,all of this is just now coming to light. Give me a break!

sockgirl77

I just heard on the radio that it was a double homiside/suicide. Evidently, Chris killed his wife and son earlier in the weekend and then killed himself yesterday. This is shocking because he always had his family with him at big events and talked about his love for family. Damn.

Spudtrooper

Taking out trailer trash
sockgirl77 said:
I just heard on the radio that it was a double homiside/suicide. Evidently, Chris killed his wife and son earlier in the weekend and then killed himself yesterday. This is shocking because he always had his family with him at big events and talked about his love for family. Damn.
That is what is SUSPECTED. There is no actual report of evidence to that.

sockgirl77

Spudtrooper said:
If that is the truth than the radio should not have reported it. They did not use the word suspected or anything like it. I cannot imagine him killing his family so I am hoping that this is not the truth.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Spudtrooper said:

I would love to hear (if that even sounds right), the cause of death was carbon monoxide or something. But it's not sounding too good for Benoit.

I was watching RAW last night, just in shock. Then, when they replayed his victory at Wrestlemania XX when Eddie Guerrero came in the ring and they hugged and cried, I lost it. Chris was one of the most passionate wrestlers I can remember. He commanded respect. Triple H was talking of a newbie wrestler who came in and disrespected HBK. Chris gave him the whatfor and made him do 1,000 squats. He even did them with the guy. The next day, when the guy was saying he could hardly walk, Chris made him do 500 more.

It's unfortunate, if the deaths were foul play on Chris' part, that a man who commanded such respect in life lost a lot of respect in death. :ohwell:

Spudtrooper

Taking out trailer trash
sockgirl77 said:
If that is the truth than the radio should not have reported it. They did not use the word suspected or anything like it. I cannot imagine him killing his family so I am hoping that this is not the truth.
I've been watching CNN all morning and they have not confirmed it as true. It will take time to investigate. I'm having a hard time with this myself. He doesn't fit the profile of a family annihilater. It is very hard for me to wrap my brian around it. They are saying there was no sign of gun shot wounds. Men almost always use guns. It is just not adding up to me.

Spudtrooper

Taking out trailer trash
nachomama said:
I would love to hear (if that even sounds right), the cause of death was carbon monoxide or something. But it's not sounding too good for Benoit.

I was watching RAW last night, just in shock. Then, when they replayed his victory at Wrestlemania XX when Eddie Guerrero came in the ring and they hugged and cried, I lost it. Chris was one of the most passionate wrestlers I can remember. He commanded respect. Triple H was talking of a newbie wrestler who came in and disrespected HBK. Chris gave him the whatfor and made him do 1,000 squats. He even did them with the guy. The next day, when the guy was saying he could hardly walk, Chris made him do 500 more.

It's unfortunate, if the deaths were foul play on Chris' part, that a man who commanded such respect in life lost a lot of respect in death. :ohwell:
I know that losing Eddie really upset him but this is just too much. If it were carbon monoxide they would have known that right away.

sockgirl77

Spudtrooper said:
I've been watching CNN all morning and they have not confirmed it as true. It will take time to investigate. I'm having a hard time with this myself. He doesn't fit the profile of a family annihilater. It is very hard for me to wrap my brian around it. They are saying there was no sign of gun shot wounds. Men almost always use guns. It is just not adding up to me.
Bad thread to make a joke in, I know but this had me giggling. No offense to you but usually it is someone else's spelling error, only backwards. If that makes any sense whatsoever.

Anyways, this is all just odd. I hope the official details get released soon so that everyone can put there minds to ease if that's possible.

Spudtrooper

Taking out trailer trash
sockgirl77 said:
Bad thread to make a joke in, I know but this had me giggling. No offense to you but usually it is someone else's spelling error, only backwards. If that makes any sense whatsoever.

Anyways, this is all just odd. I hope the official details get released soon so that everyone can put there minds to ease if that's possible.

See it has gotten me so upset that I cannot even proofread my posts.

Pooh31

nachomama said:

I loved watching that part with Eddie Guerrero and Chirs Benoit. It is sad that it is being reported that he killed his wife, son and then himself. If he was that depressed why not just kill himself, why did he have to kill his wife and family. That really gets to me knowing that people who are depressed have to take other people down with them.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Pooh31 said:
I loved watching that part with Eddie Guerrero and Chirs Benoit. It is sad that it is being reported that he killed his wife, son and then himself. If he was that depressed why not just kill himself, why did he have to kill his wife and family. That really gets to me knowing that people who are depressed have to take other people down with them.

This upsets me. I have a 13 year old son, who has followed wrestling since he could talk. I got home last night and he told me about what happened. At first I didn't believe it because I knew last night was supposed to be the 3 hour crap on Vince McMahon. When I finally got a chance to sit down (after getting dinner done) and watch with him, it was becoming more and more real. I said "Let's go downstairs and see what's on the internet, since they aren't saying what happened." He told me "No. I don't want to know. He was one of my heroes and I don't want to know if it was something he did." Then he started asking me tons of questions. Did he do steroids? Do steroids mess with your brain like drugs do? Do they make you depressed? He couldn't have killed his own son, could he? Then he started talking about Eddie Guerrero, and how he died.

He was a hero in many kids eyes, and now we parents are left to try and answer all the unanswerable questions.

Spudtrooper

Taking out trailer trash
The WWE now has a very strict zero tolerence policy for drugs. Two wrestlers last year were gone and in rehab. Eugene and Rob Van Dam. They got help.paid for by the company, and are now back to what they do best. Benoit was a scary large man for his frame and I know it could be possible. he took a leave of absensce a few months ago and was gone awhile. I am sorry for your son. Benoit is still a hero, if he did do this,a fallen and troubled one.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Spudtrooper said:
He doesn't fit the profile of a family annihilater.
Do you know him in real life? :confused:

Steroids mess with your brain and make you violent. It's possible that, absent the chemicals, he'd have never done anything like this. It's one of the reasons steroids are illegal.

Tina2001aniT

Spudtrooper said:
Benoit is still a hero, if he did do this,a fallen and troubled one.

Are you kidding me?? Bobby Cutts, Jr. was a cop and I am sure he did all kinds of wonderful things in his career, maybe we should call him a troubled hero as well???