Climate Hypocrisy

DaSDGuy

Just Stop Oil is hoping to 'paralyze' London this week (Is it working?)

This group has been disrupting events for days. David highlighted some of the incidents which happened over the weekend. But there is apparently a concerted effort focused on shutting down traffic all around the city of London this week. Monday they held 30 separate disruptions.

1690284761303.jpeg

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
climatechangekiller-488x730.jpeg

On its face the tweet is absurd. Each of us experiences temperatures above 90 degrees every summer, and 95 degrees can sometimes be the temp of a summer night in parts of the US during a heat wave. As a former Tucson boy I can tell you that I hated hot days, but somehow survived them without damage. The big thing you have to worry about is dehydration.

Before I rip Tannehill apart and assign some well-deserved blame, let me give her a bit of credit: hidden in her map and at the end of her rather long alarmist thread she explains that she is talking about a specific and never used in common discourse measure: wet bulb temperature, which is temperature measured in 100% humidity. It is a useful temp for weather forecasters and a few others, but irrelevant to our daily lives. And, indeed, at wet bulb temps of 95 degrees the human body cannot shed heat fast enough for the body to continue functioning.

A wet bulb temperature translated to real life is over 130 degrees. I doubt DesMoines or even Miami is in much danger of becoming incapable of supporting plant or animal life, and as the Persian Gulf shows people live in such conditions.

First of all, Ben Shapiro is spot on. Human beings have technology–sometimes very very simple technology–to deal with conditions that are unsurvivable without doing anything at all. This is why human beings can and do live in places that would be deadly if you are outside, naked, tied to the ground unable to move, and left there for hours.

As the Persian Gulf example shows, Brynn uses actually proves. People actually do live in such places where excessive heat is a problem, and living in Minnesota I can tell you that if I walked outside without spending time bundling up at many points in winter I would die pretty quickly. Brynn herself lived in such conditions and while her brain appears to be cooked, she is apparently otherwise OK. She has, after all, written books and has quite a following on Twitter for her partisan rants.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Hillary Clinton Says MAGA Republicans Are The Reason Summer Is Hot

The implication, of course, was that “MAGA Republicans” were directly causing the earth’s temperature to rise by standing in the way of the Left’s increasingly intrusive demands in the name of reducing global temperatures.

Critics quickly began to mock Clinton, some noting that unless it was particularly convenient for Democrats, most insisted that climate and weather were not the same.

“MAGA Republicans are powerful enough to control the seasons apparently, and without them we’d have no summer,” syndicated radio host Dana Loesch commented.

herb749

climatechangekiller-488x730.jpeg

On its face the tweet is absurd. Each of us experiences temperatures above 90 degrees every summer, and 95 degrees can sometimes be the temp of a summer night in parts of the US during a heat wave. As a former Tucson boy I can tell you that I hated hot days, but somehow survived them without damage. The big thing you have to worry about is dehydration.

Before I rip Tannehill apart and assign some well-deserved blame, let me give her a bit of credit: hidden in her map and at the end of her rather long alarmist thread she explains that she is talking about a specific and never used in common discourse measure: wet bulb temperature, which is temperature measured in 100% humidity. It is a useful temp for weather forecasters and a few others, but irrelevant to our daily lives. And, indeed, at wet bulb temps of 95 degrees the human body cannot shed heat fast enough for the body to continue functioning.

A wet bulb temperature translated to real life is over 130 degrees. I doubt DesMoines or even Miami is in much danger of becoming incapable of supporting plant or animal life, and as the Persian Gulf shows people live in such conditions.

First of all, Ben Shapiro is spot on. Human beings have technology–sometimes very very simple technology–to deal with conditions that are unsurvivable without doing anything at all. This is why human beings can and do live in places that would be deadly if you are outside, naked, tied to the ground unable to move, and left there for hours.

As the Persian Gulf example shows, Brynn uses actually proves. People actually do live in such places where excessive heat is a problem, and living in Minnesota I can tell you that if I walked outside without spending time bundling up at many points in winter I would die pretty quickly. Brynn herself lived in such conditions and while her brain appears to be cooked, she is apparently otherwise OK. She has, after all, written books and has quite a following on Twitter for her partisan rants.

I don't recall as many hot days last year so we are getting more this year. I do remember about 10 yrs ago the harping on the consecutive 90+ days we had. Then it wasn't so bad the years after.

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
🔥 We have two official distractions to discuss this morning. The first is the compliant corporate media’s recent pivot to climate doomblogging. After a year of twiddling their thumbs, or re-tooling the office, or whatever skullduggery they’ve been getting up to, the nudge unit is back in operation and turning the corporate media dials up to the setting: maximum terror.

Here’s the apocalyptic headline of horror run by the BBC yesterday:

image.png

The ridiculous article reported on a study — paid for by some obscure climate-related government agency or another, unless I miss my guess — recently published in the “journal” Nature Communications. The study’s researchers did no experiments or field work. They took a database of sea surface temperature measurements going back to 1870 and created a model of Gulf Stream current strength over time. Their model hysterically estimated the famous current will “collapse” (stop flowing) sometime during a 70-year period between 2025 and 2095.

So of course, even though under the model it could take 70 years, all the headlines ran with ‘could collapse by 2025.’

The BBC article was actually one of the more honest of the several articles reviewed for this post. After the scare part of the story, it got around to admitting that many “other scientists were skeptical.” Further down the article was this reluctant admission:

The reasons for many scientists' reservations is that they say the study's authors made a series of assumptions about how to understand . But the climate system is extremely complex and experts do not have all the evidence they need to fully understand the.
The predictions that it could collapse as early as 2025 or by 2095 should be taken with a large grain of salt, says Jon Robson at the National Centre for Atmospheric Science, University of Reading.

They’re back: scientific models and their assumptions. Most of us recall the horrifying but false covid models that were used to justify mandates and lockdowns. Now they’re back again, and for some reason modeling is still considered “science” instead of what it really is: “guessing.”

Anyway, the Gulf Stream is not collapsing. Don’t fall for it.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
🔥 Let’s talk about the new climate psyop. Sometimes I wonder whether the powers that be were encouraged by how well the covid psyop worked on a whole lot of people, some of whom are still wearing masks and whining that we aren’t. These unfortunate souls were so susceptible to the government’s psychological suggestions that they would be happier staying masked forever. They have found meaning and a complete life purpose in the CDC-supplied goal of mask Nirvana, a kind of salvation-by-works religious conviction.

Surely you’ve seen all the climate hysteria lately, and probably seen lots of counter argument. But there are some things they haven’t been telling us, that are in themselves complete explanations for any increased world temperatures we might be living through this summer. It’s not carbon dioxide, as crypto-marxist, faux protest group “Extinction Rebellion” wants you to think:

image 7.png

Ready to learn something? Let’s meet the historic, record-shattering Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption of 2022, which I bet you never heard of. Back in January 2022, you were probably distracted by covid mandates or maybe by Biden calling himself “Senator” again. The short version is an underwater Pacific Ocean volcano named Hunga Tonga-Hunga Ha’apai, 490 feet under the waves, massively erupted, bigger than any other modern eruption, even bigger than Mount Pinatubo.

You never heard about it since it was underwater and nobody died. But the erupting lava instantly vaporized fantastic, unimaginable amounts of sea water, which billowed into the atmosphere, changing the water composition of Earth’s atmosphere and heating it up for years. In only a few days, the superheated water from the Hunga Tonga eruption blanketed the globe, pole to pole, East to West.

The eruption was so big it could be clearly seen from space.

Here’s an August 2022 headline about the eruption, straight from the NASA website:

image.png

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/jpl/to...precedented-amount-of-water-into-stratosphere

“Unprecedented” is accurate but doesn’t do it justice. Here’s how the rocket-slash-climate experts at NASA described Hunga Tonda as one of the most dramatic events in modern history:

When the Hunga Tonga-Hunga Ha’apai volcano erupted on Jan. 15, it sent a tsunami racing around the world and set off a sonic boom that circled the globe twice. The underwater eruption in the South Pacific Ocean also blasted an enormous plume of water vapor into Earth’s stratosphere – enough to fill more than 58,000 Olympic-size swimming pools. The sheer amount of water vapor could be enough to temporarily affect Earth’s global average temperature.
The not only injected ash into the stratosphere but also large amounts of water vapor, breaking all records for direct injection of water vapor, by a volcano or otherwise, in the satellite era. …The excess water vapor injected by the Tonga volcano … could remain in the stratosphere for several years. This extra water vapor could influence atmospheric chemistry, boosting certain chemical reactions that could temporarily worsen depletion of the ozone layer. It could also influence surface temperatures … since water vapor traps heat.
“We’ve never seen anything like it,” said Luis Millán, an atmospheric scientist at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Southern California.

Over the next year it would turn out that NASA badly underestimated the amount of water Hunga Tonga vaporized into the atmosphere. Current estimates are three times higher than the original: scientists now think it was closer to 150,000 metric tons, or 40 trillion gallons, of super-heated water instantly injected into the atmosphere. Talk about a greenhouse. Water vapor — humidity — is a much more effective greenhouse gas than carbon dioxide.

A new study published in April this year analyzed the 1-year aftereffects:

image 2.png

With a year’s hindsight, the 2023 researchers also concluded that Hunga Tonga was one of the most remarkable climate events in modern history, and its effects are expected to last for years:

[D]ue to extreme altitude reach of the eruption, volcanic plume circumnavigated the Earth in only one week and dispersed nearly pole-to-pole in three months. The observations provide evidence for an unprecedented increase in the global stratospheric water mass by 13% as compared to climatological levels. As there are no efficient sinks of water vapour in the stratosphere, this perturbation is expected to persist several years. The eruption has also led to a 5-fold increase in the stratospheric aerosol load, the highest in the last three decades yet factor of 6 smaller than the previous major eruption of Mt Pinatubo in 1991.
The unique nature and magnitude of the global stratospheric perturbation by the Hung eruption ranks it among the most remarkable climatic events in the modern observation era.

But I bet you never heard anything about Hunga Tonga, did you? Thanks, media. Better late than never, though. And if I’m doing my job right, you’re starting to think, hey, maybe the hot summer weather this year might have something to do with this historic volcanic eruption last year? If so, you aren’t the only one. Here’s another study, from April this year:

image 3.png

Say hello to the “global warming” plume most completely ignored by corporate media. These researchers were even more direct in connecting the “historic heat wave” to Hunga Tonga:

We find that the Hunga Tonga-Hunga Ha'apai eruption produced the … largest perturbation of stratospheric water vapour observed in the satellite era. … fter two weeks, due to dilution, water vapour heating started to dominate the top-of-the-atmosphere radiative forcing, leading to a net warming of the climate system… This is the first time a warming effect on the climate system has been linked to volcanic eruptions, which usually produce a transient cooling.

The story made the science news, which makes it even more surprising that corporate media somehow found a way to successfully ignore the story. Here’s an EOS headline from March of this year:

image 4.png

See that? Hunga Tonga warming could last five more years. At this rate, the plume will likely outlive Joe Biden.

Corporate media isn’t ignoring the story because it lacks for dramatic graphs and charts. Here’s a chart I found showing how atmospheric water vapor increased recently compared to the prior twenty years. The atmosphere’s water concentration is off the chart:

image 5.png

See that? For the first time since tracking began, the amount of water vapor in the atmosphere is pegged out at the maximum, across the board.

Here’s why corporate media is ignoring the most dramatic climate even in modern history: because you can’t legislate underwater volcanoes. You can try, but they won’t listen. So what’s the fun in that? Corporate media only exists to further political ends. Since volcanoes aren’t subject to politics, why bother?

“Okay Jeff,” you say, “nice volcano theory, but does anything back it up?” Well, yes, I’m glad you asked. The Ethical Skeptic, who has done so much great work crunching covid mortality figures the last few years, recently turned his attention to the climate. He’s been noting another startling fact that you probably never heard of: for some reason, worldwide ocean surface temperatures have bafflingly jumped rapidly this year — much too fast for any cause to have been atmospheric.

First, although Antarctic ice has just very recently started melting quickly, and a lot, it is during a record cold winter in Antarctica right now, which is why you haven’t heard about it. The melting is pretty dramatic:

F178gWpWEAAkIGr.png

Ethical’s theory is that the oceans are heating up due to increased activity in the Earth’s molten core. Like the kind of activity that could cause giant underwater volcanoes to erupt. Various data support his theory. One study he often cites found dramatically increased water temperatures at abyssal depths — deep, deep underwater, where increased air temperatures have little or no effect.

In other words, Ethical is suggesting that the water is heating the air — instead of the other way around. And the Earth’s core is heating the water. It’s a theory that explains everything.

Meanwhile, “science” is baffled. From just a month ago, in mid-June:

4DB8CAE7-C2D3-4707-AE6D-E5CAC32331EC.png

See? But though scientists are baffled, corporate media and its repulsive allies are busily blaming ocean warming on carbon dioxide — a ludicrous notion. Here’s one example from Vice News (a promoted tweet!). In a clip showing ocean water bubbling around, attached to an article about rising Red Sea temperatures, Vice doesn’t quite claim carbon dioxide is heating the water, but it sure strongly implies it:

image 6.png

I’ve run these next headlines before, but they are worth repeating. The following 2023 stories all show scientists have lately been discovering deep-sea “hydrothermal vents” that are “hot enough to melt lead”:

E0D8EB30-0124-4ABC-9696-DA672527B851.png

That’s pretty hot. What causes boiling-hot, deep-ocean vents? Volcanic activity. Magma from the Earth’s core is heating up the water, which is venting out, raising ocean temperatures and putting even more water vapor into the atmosphere, which heats the air through greenhouse effects.

It has nothing to do with carbon dioxide.

Hysterical corporate media articles about global warming ignore all these facts. They ignore Hunga Tonga. They ignore rapidly melting Antarctic sea ice. They ignore abyssal water heating and related deep-sea data. They only want to show you the summer heat map and run clips of cantankerous teenage climate propagandist Great Thunberg whining that your SUV is literally killing everybody’s grandma and will eventually burn the Earth into a pile of hot ash.

Don’t you believe it. “Science” has only the barest notion of what heats and cools the Earth, and they even refuse to grapple with the evidence they do have. The climate has been changing ever since God created the World. It is the pinnacle of human hubris to believe that we know what the optimal global climate is, or to think we can somehow freeze that optimal climate into place without breaking everything else.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

John Kerry Wants You Dead (and Several Billion Other People, Too)

“Agriculture contributes about 33% of all the emissions of the world,” Kerry told audience members at the Aim for Climate summit last May. “And we can’t get to net zero — we don’t get this job done — unless agriculture is front and center as part of the solution.”

Let’s put this very simply: reducing agriculture emissions by a substantial amount means substantially reducing the amount of food produced, and that means a substantial reduction in the human population.

Sure, there will be — already is, actually — plenty of happy talk about converting farm machinery to electric, but that talk is merely an opiate to keep the masses complacent while their future is taken away.

Transportation — that’s cars, buses, airplanes, and the semi trucks that deliver the food — accounts for 20-24% of global emissions. The Global Left’s “green energy transition” is supposed to reduce that to zero, using a combination of carrots (subsidies, tax credits) and sticks (mandates, phase-outs). But no less than Toyota’s then-CEO, Akio Toyoda, warned in 2020 that electricity production would have to be increased dramatically to switch to electric vehicles.

Toyoda also tried to be realistic about what such a change would entail: “The more EVs we build, the worse carbon dioxide gets… When politicians are out there saying, ‘Let’s get rid of all cars using gasoline,’ do they understand this?” Earlier this year, Toyoda was basically hounded out of his job due to his resistance to fully committing his company to an all-electric lineup.

[clip]

The freedom we grew up with — to fill up the tank and just go — will be unknown to future generations if the Global Left gets its way.

My grandkids will be free to take the bus. Assuming it’s charged.

What all this has to do with agriculture, and the mechanization that has allowed the world to feed more than seven billion people, is very simple. If we aren’t allowed to produce enough electricity to convert transportation (20-24% of emissions, remember) to electric vehicles, how are we ever going to convert all of our farm equipment (26-33% of emissions), too?

We aren’t. We can’t. Specifically, we won’t be allowed to produce all that electricity — by the very same people, like John Kerry, who insist that we make ourselves totally dependent upon it.

Populations in most of the Western world are already shrinking. The United States is an exception, but that’s in large part because of immigration. The Global Left will force even more couples to have fewer children due to rising food prices caused by the policies pushed by Kerry and others. In the Third World, I suspect they’ll be reduced once more to famine.

By design.

But, hey, John Kerry’s servants can’t make him an omelet without breaking a few billion eggs.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I’ve run these next headlines before, but they are worth repeating. The following 2023 stories all show scientists have lately been discovering deep-sea “hydrothermal vents” that are “hot enough to melt lead”:

E0D8EB30-0124-4ABC-9696-DA672527B851.png

That’s pretty hot. What causes boiling-hot, deep-ocean vents? Volcanic activity. Magma from the Earth’s core is heating up the water, which is venting out, raising ocean temperatures and putting even more water vapor into the atmosphere, which heats the air through greenhouse effects.

It has nothing to do with carbon dioxide.

Hysterical corporate media articles about global warming ignore all these facts. They ignore Hunga Tonga. They ignore rapidly melting Antarctic sea ice. They ignore abyssal water heating and related deep-sea data. They only want to show you the summer heat map and run clips of cantankerous teenage climate propagandist Great Thunberg whining that your SUV is literally killing everybody’s grandma and will eventually burn the Earth into a pile of hot ash.

Don’t you believe it. “Science” has only the barest notion of what heats and cools the Earth, and they even refuse to grapple with the evidence they do have. The climate has been changing ever since God created the World. It is the pinnacle of human hubris to believe that we know what the optimal global climate is, or to think we can somehow freeze that optimal climate into place without breaking everything else.

What NASA and the European Space Agency are admitting but the media are failing to report about our current heat wave

By Thomas Lifson

Another scientific paper explains the "net warming of the climate system" on a delayed basis. NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory further explains:

7_74_19.gif

Volcanic eruptions rarely inject much water into the stratosphere. In the 18 years that NASA has been taking measurements, only two other eruptions — the 2008 Kasatochi event in Alaska and the 2015 Calbuco eruption in Chile — sent appreciable amounts of water vapor to such high altitudes. But those were mere blips compared to the Tonga event, and the water vapor from both previous eruptions dissipated quickly. The excess water vapor injected by the Tonga volcano, on the other hand, could remain in the stratosphere for several years.
This extra water vapor could influence atmospheric chemistry, boosting certain chemical reactions that could temporarily worsen depletion of the ozone layer. It could also influence surface temperatures. Massive volcanic eruptions like Krakatoa and Mount Pinatubo typically cool Earth's surface by ejecting gases, dust, and ash that reflect sunlight back into space. In contrast, the Tonga volcano didn't inject large amounts of aerosols into the stratosphere, and the huge amounts of water vapor from the eruption may have a small, temporary warming effect, since water vapor traps heat. The effect would dissipate when the extra water vapor cycles out of the stratosphere [Emphases added]

So there you have it: we are in for extra atmospheric heat "for several years" until the extra water vapor injected by this largest-ever-recorded underwater volcano eruption dissipates.

Jeff Childers, who brought these scientific data to my notice, writes:

Here's why corporate media is ignoring the most dramatic climate even[t] in modern history: because you can't legislate underwater volcanoes. You can try, but they won't listen. So what's the fun in that? Corporate media only exists to further political ends. Since volcanoes aren't subject to politics, why bother?

He brings up the work of Ethical Skeptic:

Ethical is suggesting that the water is heating the air — instead of the other way around. And the Earth's core is heating the water. It's a theory that explains everything.
Meanwhile, "science" is baffled. From just a month ago, in mid-June:
247873_5_.jpg
See? But though scientists are baffled, corporate media and its repulsive allies are busily blaming ocean warming on carbon dioxide — a ludicrous notion.

I am the first to admit that none of this — not the atmospheric CO2 theory of global warming, nor the effect of the largest ever known undersea volcanic eruption — is scientifically proven. But before we impoverish ourselves trying to reduce CO2 emissions (while watching China dramatically increase them), let's practice real science and not jump to conclusions based on an imaginary "consensus."