CNN Hot Takes and Mis-Information

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

CNN's Race-Baiter Van Jones Blames Racism for Black Cops Beating Tyre Nichols to Death

Jones and race-baiters like him are stoking flames that will envelop the nation. Antifa—the thugs and goons who burned America three years ago—have taken to the street again, and will, again, burn, loot, and destroy property. I saw plenty of signs on the streets of Memphis that called for “justice” for Nichols, but Antifa thugs burning cities isn’t about Tyre Nichols. It’s never about the victims of police violence.

The cops who beat Nichols to death have been charged with second-degree murder and will face their turn in the criminal justice system. As a lawyer, I don’t see any defense for their wanton violence. Watch the tape. Nichols was complying with commands, and he was beaten. He repeatedly asked the cops to stop, and they continued to beat him. When he escaped and ran (likely knowing that the beatings wouldn’t stop), he was then beaten even more, kicked, and thrown around like a rag doll. This isn’t about race. It’s about bad cops who will face justice–and if the justice system works, they will spend decades behind bars.

Why commentators like Van Jones cannot view anything without it being through a racial lens is beyond me. That sort of commentary gives worthless thugs like Antifa a license to burn. It gives Blacks no hope. Many will conclude that regardless of who the cop is—or what race he might be—if you are a Black man, you will be beaten. It is an awful message to send, when it’s clear that race had nothing to do with Tyre’s death.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

It sure looks like CNN is greasing the skids under Don Lemon, preparing to dump him

By Thomas Lifson

Don Lemon, the low-rated Black and gay host on CNN, was booted from his prime-time gig to the morning hours and has managed to drive the ratings for CNN This Morning even lower than the cable net previously had scored in those hours. CNN's new boss, Chris Licht, desperate to stanch the blood as the news channel's ratings tank, must be thinking about removing Lemon.

That's why the "leak" from two different sources at CNN below looks like the start of a campaign to justify Lemon's firing. Alexandra Steigrad of the New York Post writes:
Tensions on the set of "CNN This Morning" have recently boiled over, with Don Lemon allegedly "screaming" at co-host Kaitlan Collins off-camera during an ugly December incident that has left the cast and crew rattled ever since, The Post has learned.
According to two sources with knowledge of the situation, 56-year-old Lemon approached 30-year-old Collins following the show's Thursday, Dec. 8, broadcast — and unloaded on her in front of staffers as he accused her of "interrupting" him on air.
"Don screamed at Kaitlan, who was visibly upset and ran out of the studio," one source with knowledge of the skirmish said.
News of the explosive incident made its way up to CNN CEO Chris Licht, who is said to have been appalled by Lemon's behavior, according to a source. A second source said a producer talked to Lemon at the behest of Licht and told the anchor to take the next day off to "cool off."

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I read something early this morning that it will be announced on Monday that the Bitter Lemon will be declared "out on assignment."

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

CNN's Asha Rangappa Accidentally Exposes Folly of Identity Politics in Embarrassing Twitter Exchange

“Renuka. Why?” she responded, seemingly confused that she had just shown that her racially-charged whining over Haley not using her first name was wildly hypocritical.

Twitter user “Fusa” then weighed in, dunking on Rangappa for pretending she didn’t get it.

“I absolutely love that you can’t see the parallel. Either you are so dumb that it’s mind melting, or you’re a hypocrite purposefully pretending you don’t notice,” Fusa wrote. “You really are special Renuka.”

In turn, Rangappa mocked Fusa by declaring in so many words that there’s no way she could hide her heritage because her skin color gave it away, though apparently in Rangappa’s view that same rule doesn’t apply to Haley, who has for years going back to her time as South Carolina’s governor talked openly and proudly of her Indian heritage.

“Guys: I look brown in my picture, right?? Like, I’m obviously not white?? I am so confused right now because it never occurred to me that I could ‘hide’ from my Indian background,” she tweeted in response, including the crying eyes laughing emoji because maturity and stuff.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

‘CNN This Morning’ has failed ‘chemistry test’ under CEO Chris Licht

Several sources and insiders believe the network’s new boss, Chris Licht, is a “disaster” — and that one of his biggest failures is rushing the launch of “CNN This Morning,” which is the network’s lowest-rated morning show in a decade, according to The Wrap.

Licht lured Lemon from primetime with a heftier deal, placing him with Poppy Harlow and Kaitlan Collins — who quickly rose to stardom at the network covering former President Donald Trump’s administration.

The trio, however, has failed the chemistry test, with one insider describing the show as “unwatchable.”

“No one agrees with Chris. No one’s talking about the real problem, how [his plan] imploded in the evenings and now the network is a disaster, a complete dumpster fire, with so many people fired, laid-off, and they’re pumping out stories about Don,” the insider said.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Last time I saw CNN I think, it was on at BWI the last time I flew back to New England about 2 1/2 years ago.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

CNN on pace to have smallest monthly audience since Obama administration among advertiser-coveted demo

March can’t come soon enough for ratings-challenged CNN.

The long-struggling network is on pace to finish February with its smallest monthly audience among the advertiser-coveted demographic of adults age 25-54 since June 2014.

"Anderson Cooper 360," "The Lead with Jake Tapper" and Wolf Blitzer’s "Situation Room" are on pace to their smallest audiences since that same month among the critical demo, while "Inside Politics" is on pace for its least-viewed month among the category since August 2005.

"CNN This Morning," the Don Lemon-centered a.m. show that has generated a ton of negative publicity, is on pace to finish February with its smallest monthly audience among both total viewers and the demo since it launched last year.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

CNN Hits Record Lows in Viewership During a Very Sad February for the Channel

According to Mediaite, CNN tanked in viewership in February, seeing paltry numbers that hadn’t been seen for the network in over a decade. Moreover, its new morning program featuring Don Lemon is bleeding out as well:

February saw CNN hit lows in the demo not seen in over ten years. CNN prime time demo average of 122,000 viewers, while still above MSNBC’s 119,000, marked the network’s smallest audience since 2013. Additionally, CNN’s 89,000 total day demo viewers was its worst showing since 2012. CNN saw a 41 percent drop in total day demo viewers from January, while Fox News dropped 35 percent and MSNBC was down 6 percent.
CNN’s new morning show, CNN This Morning, also saw its lowest numbers since its launch last fall. CNN This Morning brought in 360,000 average total viewers and 73,000 average demo viewers for the month. By comparison, Fox & Friends averaged 1.2 million total viewers and 170,000 average demo viewers for the month. MNSBC’s Morning Joe brought in 895,000 total viewers and 107,000 demo viewers.

CNN’s continued mistake of being the story instead of telling the stories plagues it. Those who do watch it because it confirms their radically leftist bias keep it afloat but it appears that some viewers simply watch it like a NASCAR race, hoping to see a wreck happen but becoming bored and tuning out when it never happens.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I'll make a donation.

ice-cubes-iron-bucket-with-tongs_199620-10363.jpg

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

CNN Accuses White People Of ‘Digital Blackface’ And People Have Thoughts

Referring to the most popular memes and gifs as “radicalized reactions,” Blake argued that black people “get a pass” for using them — but when white people did so, they had “inadvertently perpetuated one of the most insidious forms of contemporary racism.”

Blake went on to quote a 2017 Teen Vogue article written by Lauren Michele Jackson — in which she argued that people often cherry-picked gifs that featured black people when attempting to express extreme emotions.

“While reaction GIFs can and do every feeling under the sun, white and nonblack users seem to especially prefer GIFs with black people when it comes to emitting their most exaggerated emotions,” Jackson wrote. “Extreme joy, annoyance, anger and occasions for drama and gossip are a magnet for images of black people, especially black femmes.”

Blake went on later in the article to refer to “digital blackface” as a “modern-day repackaging of minstrel shows.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Panicked CNN Urges Manhattan DA To Not Make Trump Mugshot Public Because It Will Make Him Even More Iconic

According to reports, Trump will be arraigned on Tuesday at 2:15pm EST:

Donald Trump’s court hearing has been set for 2.15pm ET (7.15pm BST) on Tuesday, April 4, a court spokesperson has confirmed, as it emerges he faces more than 30 charges.
Sources close to the investigation have revealed that Trump has been charged on more than 30 counts related to business fraud in the indictment issued on Thursday, according to reports. The specific charges have not been publicly released as of yet, and it is still unclear when this will happen..
Meanwhile, a deal has been struck between Trump’s legal team and prosecutors in Manhattan that the former President will not be handcuffed when he surrenders as he plans to; a scene which will usher in the unprecedented scenario of a former US commander-in-chief seen being arrested and arraigned.
Trump’s lawyer, Joe Tacopina, told ABC: “[Trump] will not be put in handcuffs. I’m sure they’ll try to make sure they get some joy out of this by parading him.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

John Blake analyzes:

Some may say posting a video of Sweet Brown saying, “Oh Lord Jesus, it’s a fire” is just for laughs. Why overthink it? Why give people yet another excuse for labeling White people racists for the most innocuous behaviors?
But critics say digital blackface is wrong because it’s a modern-day repackaging of minstrel shows, a racist form of entertainment popular in the 19th century. That’s when White actors, faces darkened with burnt cork, entertained audiences by playing Black characters as bumbling, happy-go-lucky simpletons. That practice continued in the 20th century on hit radio shows such as “Amos ‘n’ Andy.”
Put simply: digital blackface is 21st-century minstrelsy.
“Historical blackface has never truly ended, and Americans have yet to actively confront their racist past to this day,” Erinn Wong writes in an academic paper on the topic.
“In fact, minstrel blackface has emerged into even more subtle forms of racism that are now glorified all over the Internet.”
Wong says that digital blackface is wrong because it “culturally appropriates the language and expressions of black people for entertainment, while dismissing the severity of everyday instances of racism black people encounter, such as police brutality, job discrimination, and educational inequity.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Jones claimed that the expulsion votes targeted black lawmakers during a speech on the floor. He and Pearson were expelled by the body, Jones by a 72-25 vote, Pearson by a 69-26 vote.

“I mean, I think there’s a question of these lawmakers were democratically elected and are you essentially superseding the will of the people by expelling them?” NPR White House correspondent Asma Khalid asked. “I mean, that’s rather harsh, I think fairly unprecedented and people see, partisan move as a result of this.”

Protestors stormed the Tennessee state capitol March 30, demanding passage of gun control laws three days after Audrey Hale, a 28-year-old female shooter who identified as transgender, killed three children and three adults at Covenant School in Nashville, Tennessee, before being engaged and fatally wounded by law enforcement.

“They were trying to get a discussion about gun reform. They’re not trying to overthrow the election. They were not trying to seize control of the chamber… They were not trying to get the governor out of office,” King said, noting that Tennessee House Speaker Cameron Sexton compared the protest to the Jan. 6, 2021 riot at the Capitol building. “They were not violent. Thank you. They were not violent. They may have been loud. They may have broken the rules, but really equivalent or worse?”