CNN Hot Takes and Mis-Information

herb749

CNN history commentator Douglas Brinkley said Monday on CNN’s “Newsroom” that President Joe Biden is “trying to say” there is an “ultra-right MAGA contingent” in this country that wants to overthrow the U.S. government.

Brinkley said, “What a sad state we’re in right now. How democracy is in peril, and we all must act and vote and be engaged. Listening to Donald Trump’s speech, that was Joe McCarthy on steroids. It used to be a big deal in the 1950s if McCarthy would intimate some name on my list as a communist, and now we have a president, a former president of the United States, demonizing the FBI in such a grotesque fashion.”

Another CNN person who could be looking for a job soon. :sshrug:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

CNN and 'experts' say keeping violent criminals in jail won't make people safer

This “news” report comes in the aftermath of violent attacks in Memphis, Tennessee. According to CNN’s Emma Tucker, “the suspects in two violent attacks there this month had been released from prison before serving their full sentences for prior convictions.” Naturally, it follows that if they had remained in prison where they belonged, they would not have been on the street to commit the gruesome crimes that they committed.

Ah, but the “experts” see it differently!

“Experts told CNN research shows harsher penalties are not an effective deterrent to violent crime,” Tucker says. Evidently, this slogan about "deterrence" (which is a separate discussion from confinement of violent offenders, by the way) means that we should let criminals out on the street sooner to commit more violent crimes. According to CNN and its chosen experts, we must give violent career criminals a “fair shake at life and fair rehabilitation.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

CNN’s Prime-Time Purge Continues As Top Star’s Show Is Axed

The purge at CNN continued Thursday, as the network announced leftist Don Lemon will be squeezed out of prime time and moved into a morning co-anchor role.

The eight-year run of “Don Lemon Tonight” will end as new president Chris Licht continues to follow through on his pledge to tone down the network’s far-Left slant. Lemon’s new gig will be co-hosting the revamped morning show with Poppy Harlow and Kaitlan Collins.

“There is no stronger combination of talent than Don, Poppy and Kaitlan to deliver on our promise of a game-changing morning news program,” Licht said in a statement.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Viewers ripped CNN over its promotion of Jake Tapper to its coveted 9 p.m. slot — with some claiming a recent shift in the anchor’s left-leaning reporting to more centrist and conservative-friendly takes amounts to “pandering” and “kissing up” to his new bosses.

Tapper’s star is rising as CNN’s new boss Chris Licht has been cleaning house and pushing a more middle-of-the-road approach, moving away from punditry that focused on criticizing the Trump administration and conservatives to boost ratings.

“Tapper is trying to survive,” said a media source. “He’s kowtowing to his bosses.”

“He’s very ambitious” and “very hard-working” with a “healthy ego,” added another source who had once worked with the anchor.

During President Donald Trump’s tenure, Tapper had emerged as a liberal bulldog, attacking the right over fake news on his shows “The Lead with Jake Tapper” and “State of the Union.” In 2018, the New York Times called him a “staunch defender of facts in the Trump era.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
🔥 I’m not sure if this next story is news, fake news, or narrative news, but SOMETHING is afoot. CNN ran a breathless story yesterday headlined, “QAnon Fans Celebrate Trump’s Latest Embrace of the Conspiracy.” It’s kind of another non-news story, also echoed in other corporate media outlets, meaning it must be a politically-motivated psy operation designed to tell us what to think.

Is it just me, or is the news lately all Trump, all the time?

Spoiler alert, I don’t want you to get your hopes up: CNN never actually gets around to explaining what the “conspiracy” mentioned in its headline is. It’s a mystery, apparently. Whatever it is must not help the narrative. So anyway, CNN immediately flunked journalism 101, by writing a stupid headline about a thing that’s not even in the article.

Getting past the rubbish headline, the actual “news” was Trump did something that triggered the deep state somehow. Well, two things. First, at a rally, he played a song “associated” with the so-called “QAnon movement,” whatever that is. CNN doesn’t say. We’re just supposed to know that whatever it is, it’s bad.

Trump also forwarded a cartoon on Truth Social that CNN doesn’t like. The cartoon showed Trump wearing a “Q” pin on his lapel, along with two slogans CNN said were associated with the QAnon movement: “The storm is coming” and “WWG1WGA,” which CNN explained stands for “Where We Go One, We Go All.”

Then, after making such a big deal about it, CNN doesn’t even print the cartoon in the article. And CNN’s entire description of the QAnon movement — which is the heart of the piece, mind you — was confined to one subjunctive clause: “followers … who believe in the existence of an evil cabal and view Trump as their hero.”

Um, that’s not super informative. What cabal? Why evil? That’s a pretty generic description. It could describe a lot of people. Shoot, *I* believe in an evil cabal, of entrenched bureaucrats who maliciously suppressed true information about covid during the pandemic, information like the Wuhan lab leak theory.

Since I believe in an “evil cabal,” does that make me QAnon?

The real purpose of this story, and the others like it, is pure boogeymanism. Corporate media is just identifying the latest public enemy, today’s target for the government’s Orwellian “two minutes of hate,” with QAnon people, or maybe Trump, or both, as its Emmanuel Goldstein.
https://substackcdn.com/image/fetch...b35d-c2fd-4139-8ed3-2a0fa51cc0fd_1556x602.png
What’s wrong with QAnon anyway? CNN doesn’t say. Is it even an organization? Or just an idea? To me, it just seems like something people think; something now a thought crime. And why is their song a problem? CNN doesn’t say. I listened to the song, WWG1WGA, on Spotify and it seems perfectly harmless, kind of catchy actually. I’d let my kids listen to it.

I’ve reported about the media’s fascination with QAnon before, but I still really don’t know much about the movement, or belief, or theory, or whatever it is. From my research, QAnon is just an account on 8CHAN (a kind of Twitter alternative), but the media seems to think QAnon is something else, something bigger.

I recall first hearing about it back in 2020 while I was completely overwhelmed fighting the mask and jab wars day and night. I remember thinking at the time Q seemed kind of fringe and conspiracy-theory-ish, a rabbit-hole, but of course most conspiracy theories are looking a lot less outlandish now.

Just give it a few months!

Anyway, the actual news was that corporate media seems completely terrified by the QAnon movement, for some reason, to the point they can’t even talk about its beliefs out loud, like a Harry Potter cosplay fan afraid to say “Voldemort.” Honesty, the way corporate media gets triggered anytime someone says “Q” is starting to make me think these QAnon folks must be on to something.

Giving the movement even more credibility is the fact that, apparently, the FBI doesn’t like QAnon much either. CNN reported that the FBI warned (somebody) last year of the “potential” for QAnon to “stoke violence.” That’s a lot of weasel words; “potential” means maybe, and “stoke violence” is not even close to the same as “commit violence.”

If we’re going after everything that “stokes” violence, I’d suggest they take a hard look at that lunatic Kathy Griffin.

CNN also quoted former FBI agent Greg Ehrie, who abruptly labeled QAnon a cult: “What we have is a former President… legitimizing what is in essence a cult.” Well, more accurately, former agent Ehrie said QAnon is “in essence a cult.” What’s the “essence” of a cult, and how is it different from a proper cult? Ehrie’s a coward. If you want to call somebody a cult, just do it plainly, you lizard-lipped chicken.

One of these days I’m going to have to stop and figure out what all this QAnon excitement is really about.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

CNN’s Jake Tapper Accuses DCCC Of Taking His Words Out Of Context For Campaign Ad

“We took part of the segment and running an edited version on Twitter,” Tapper said. “They posted the part where I noted Gibbs previous opposition to women voting but cut out he part the DCCC contributed to the Gibbs’ campaign by funding ads. First I’ll play what aired on ‘The Lead’ and then play how the DCC edited out my words to hide the role they played in boosting him.”

Tapper then played both ads, showing how the DCCC omitted the last sentence.

“We just wanted to set the record straight since apparently the DCCC cannot be counted on to do so,” Tapper said Tuesday after displaying the misleading ad.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

CNN Accuses GOP Candidate Of Having ‘Ties To White Nationalists’ Over Random Street Interview, Campaign Fires Back

According to CNN, the individual in question “has a well-documented history of making White nationalist, racist, antisemitic and pro-Nazi statements.” That individual has been photographed at a Kent campaign event. The outlet also shared video of the interview, in which the individual can be seen talking to Kent on a sidewalk. But CNN also published comments from Kent campaign spokesman Matt Braynard, who told the outlet that the individual approached Kent on the street and asked for an interview.

Braynard also published the campaign’s full comment on Twitter. “Joe Kent had no idea who that individual was when he encountered him on the street and [he] has repeatedly condemned the statements that the individual is accused of making,” he wrote. “[W]e screen all interview requests, but at the time, Joe was approached on the street by what he assumed was just a citizen journalist and a constituent, so in support of local journalism, Joe answered his questions. None of the questions gave Joe any indications that the individual had any racist or antisemitic views, and if he had, Joe would have cancelled the interview immediately.” Braynard also said the individual is in no way associated with the campaign.

“Dude, this is so pathetic,” Conservative digital strategist Greg Price wrote. “Your argument really is that because a random guy came up to Joe Kent on the street and asked him questions that he has ‘ties’ to white nationalists? Quite a lame attempt to knock down a candidate leading in the polls.”

“Slandering a decorated soldier like @joekent16jan19 – that’s the Democrat media,” TownHall senior columnist Kurt Schlicter responded.

“So…you have ‘ties to’ anyone who comes up to you on the street and asks you questions?” user @JenDinnj wrote. “Hope you stretched first before that reach, wouldn’t want to see you pull a hammy…”

“This is the Democrat strategy: have some weirdo go get a photo with your candidate, give it to @KFILE, get smeared on @cnn as a ‘white nationalist,’” Braynard added.