Construction in Charlottte Hall

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I remember a football game in Pittsburgh, refs made a really bad call, Steelers were losing.. And one announcer yells.. The fans, They're throwing their beers on the field!! The other announcer.. "You ever had an IC light?? You'd be throwing it too!!"

Grumpy

I suffered through a couple cases of Billy Beer. Don't think I resorted to throwing any away though.....

The only beer I ever recall being unable to swallow was some nasty swill I encountered in El Salvador back in the '70s. The taste was nasty and bore no resemblance to any beer I'd ever had.
Back in the mid 60s, my b-i-l ran across some deal for "Piels" beer. $1 a case, He and my father split 100 cases, worst beer I have ever tasted. I believe 49.5 cases were still in the basement when my parents moved, b-i-l gave all his away.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Back in the mid 60s, my b-i-l ran across some deal for "Piels" beer. $1 a case, He and my father split 100 cases, worst beer I have ever tasted. I believe 49.5 cases were still in the basement when my parents moved, b-i-l gave all his away.
I DO remember that name. Don't recall how the encounter went though....

mitzi

Club Sunrise, I could hear the noise on the weekends from where I live and that's about 4-5 football fields away as the crow flies. You could hear the fights happening outside in the parking lot. Back in those days it was more fist fights and getting the $hit knocked out of you, its bullets flying everywhere now, and it once was a Raley's Furniture store..

I lived up there too in the 80s and early 90s. A few houses on Charlotte Hall Road (across from the junk yard and behind the building where Escape Video was) have been zoned commercial finally. The owner has been planning on this since the 80s.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I DO remember that name. Don't recall how the encounter went though....
It does ring a bell, but like you, I don't remember the particulars.

A certain employee at Capt. Sam's used to give us struggling musicians a case of pony Stroh's for $5. That was actually about $4 more than it was worth. So bitter it curled your nose hairs.

Red, White, and Blue, Blatz, LaBatt's and my all time favorite, Meisterbrau. Meisterbrau came out when Miller had the license to make Löwenbräu in the US, which they promptly ruined by "Americanizing" it. We always used to joke that Meisterbrau was the Löwenbräu that didn't make the cut. That was actually the best cheap beer I've ever had and tasted better than Miller's Lowenbrau. The Löwenbräu from Munich was the best beer that ever passed my lips. RIP Lion's Brew...

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I suffered through a couple cases of Billy Beer. Don't think I resorted to throwing any away though.....

The only beer I ever recall being unable to swallow was some nasty swill I encountered in El Salvador back in the '70s. The taste was nasty and bore no resemblance to any beer I'd ever had.
That’s why you order unopened bottles, they’ll refill it with anything. PI taught me a thing or two.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
If Pabst won the Blue Ribbon, I shudder to think how the last place contender tasted.
Not related.. BUT, somebody posted a picture of the first Miss America Beauty Pageant on Facebook, from 1921 (I believe), but I had seen it before. A teacher at our Middle School in Steilacoom WA was in that picture, and she shared it with us.. she was BEAUTIFUL, and even them was very good looking.. but what was sad is she showed us the picture of the winning woman. NOT so beautiful, so yeah, you have to wonder is you only saw the winners picture, what the hell did the rest of them look like.

OldHillcrestGuy

I lived up there too in the 80s and early 90s. A few houses on Charlotte Hall Road (across from the junk yard and behind the building where Escape Video was) have been zoned commercial finally. The owner has been planning on this since the 80s.
This thread got hijacked, once Club Sunrise was mentioned. lol

Yes I know you did, and we even worked together way back like 37 years ago or so at GS. Those 4-5 houses there have really gone way down hill since you were there. There might be just 1 house there that has kept it looking nice.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
... so yeah, you have to wonder is you only saw the winners picture, what the hell did the rest of them look like.
Calamity-featured.jpg.optimal.jpg

SandieGarry

from north end of St Marys, Hoof Mattingly had us drinking miller products. when we could afford it

I lived about 1/2 mile from his original beer warehouse on Morganza Turner rd. He was a dear family friend. Actually, when he and his family were living in the "town center" of Mechanicsville, my family and his lived next door to each other. I remember it well.

mitzi

Club Sunrise, I could hear the noise on the weekends from where I live and that's about 4-5 football fields away as the crow flies. You could hear the fights happening outside in the parking lot. Back in those days it was more fist fights and getting the $hit knocked out of you, its bullets flying everywhere now, and it once was a Raley's Furniture store..

This thread got hijacked, once Club Sunrise was mentioned. lol

Yes I know you did, and we even worked together way back like 37 years ago or so at GS. Those 4-5 houses there have really gone way down hill since you were there. There might be just 1 house there that has kept it looking nice.

I remember we worked together. I know those houses have gone downhill. I rode by there a few weeks ago. I don't think the magnolia tree has been trimmed since I left there. It's hanging on the ground and crap was piled up everywhere outside. The one next to me must be the one that kept their's nice. That was sold about 6 months or so ago. I guess that will be run down too not long from now. It's a shame. I remember when the big deal was McDonalds being built .