could be another fatal accident

Danzig

On December 18, 2009 George Michael Bowes, Jr. 31 of Hollywood, Maryland was served with an arrest warrant and Grand Jury Indictment for the July 25, 2009 motor vehicle collision which resulted in the death of Russell Edward Wenzel. Bowes was released from the St. Mary’s County Detention Center on December 18, 2009 after posting a $100,000 bond.

sockgirl77

Charge and Disposition Information
(Each Charge is listed separately. The disposition is listed below the Charge) Charge No: 1CJIS Code:1 0909Statute Code:CR.2.209
Charge Description: Negligent Manslaughter-Auto/Boat/Other Vehicle
Offense Date From: 07/25/2009To: 07/25/2009
Arrest Tracking No: 09-7018-00181-3Citation:
Charge Amend No: 0Sentence Version:0Charge Class:
Disposition Plea: Plea Date:
Disposition: Disposition Date:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Charge No: 2CJIS Code:1 0900Statute Code:CR.2.503
Charge Description: Negligent Homicide Auto/Boat Under Influence

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Charge No: 3CJIS Code:1 0900Statute Code:CR.2.503
Charge Description: Negligent Homicide Auto/Boat Under Influence

Charge No: 4CJIS Code:1 0693Statute Code:CR.2.504
Charge Description: Neg Hmcd-Auto/Boat/While Impaired

Charge No: 5CJIS Code:Statute Code:TA.21.902.a2
Charge Description: (Driving, Attempting To Drive) Vehicle While Underthe Influence O
Charge Amend No: 0Sentence Version:0Charge Class:A

Charge No: 6CJIS Code:Statute Code:TA.21.902.a1
Charge Description: (Driving, Attempting To Drive) Vehicle While Underthe Influence O

Charge No: 7CJIS Code:Statute Code:TA.21.902.b1
Charge Description: (Driving, Attempting To Drive) Veh. While Impaired By Alcohol

Charge No: 8CJIS Code:Statute Code:TA.21.901.1.a
Charge Description: Reckless Driving
Charge Amend No: 0Sentence Version:0Charge Class:F

Charge No: 9CJIS Code:Statute Code:TA.21.901.1.b
Charge Description: Negligent Driving
Charge Amend No: 0Sentence Version:0Charge Class:C

That's quite a few charges. I see that they've unsealed the case as well.

smilin

BOXER NATION
On December 18, 2009 George Michael Bowes, Jr. 31 of Hollywood, Maryland was served with an arrest warrant and Grand Jury Indictment for the July 25, 2009 motor vehicle collision which resulted in the death of Russell Edward Wenzel. Bowes was released from the St. Mary’s County Detention Center on December 18, 2009 after posting a $100,000 bond.

At least he will be able to spend Christmas at home.

The victims families certainly won't have a nice one.

SoMDGirl42

Wow. Not even in jail 24 hours. Not even long enough to sober up from a good drunk. :cds:

Anyone know if this guy is still out on the roads driving??

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I realize that. Are you saying you don't think this repeated drunk driver has been drunk since then? From reading the previous posts, sounds to me like he pretty much stays drunk. :shrug:

I don't know that he is a repeat drunk driver.
All the charges listed are dated 7/25/09
I don't know that he was drunk when arrested

blondie4512

Wow that took long enough... I honestly thought it wasn't ever gonna happen... Even though it took way too long, good job in finally coming around and charging this guy!

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
Wow. Not even in jail 24 hours. Not even long enough to sober up from a good drunk. :cds:

Anyone know if this guy is still out on the roads driving??

I don't know the guy.
All I know is that he is charged with a crime. The Jury will decide his guilt.
If he is found guilty of what he is charged for - he should fry.

You don't want me on your jury if you're guilty of something like this.

...then again, if you're innocent, no worries.​

Animal

I eat red meat
I don't know the guy.
All I know is that he is charged with a crime. The Jury will decide his guilt.
If he is found guilty of what he is charged for - he should fry.

You don't want me on your jury if you're guilty of something like this.

...then again, if you're innocent, no worries.​
More than likely he will plead out to the least severe offense, other charges will be dropped, and end up doing no more then 3 years. If he doesn't he could face the following penalties but he certainly won't fry:

1 count, § 2-209 Penalty.- A person who violates this section is guilty of a felony and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 10 years or a fine not exceeding $5,000 or both.

2 counts, § 2-503 Penalty.- A person who violates this section is guilty of a felony and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 5 years or a fine not exceeding $5,000 or both.

1 count, § 2-504 Penalty.- A person who violates this section is guilty of a felony and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 3 years or a fine not exceeding $5,000 or both.

smilin

BOXER NATION
More than likely he will plead out to the least severe offense, other charges will be dropped, and end up doing no more then 3 years. If he doesn't he could face the following penalties but he certainly won't fry:

1 count, § 2-209 Penalty.- A person who violates this section is guilty of a felony and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 10 years or a fine not exceeding $5,000 or both.

2 counts, § 2-503 Penalty.- A person who violates this section is guilty of a felony and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 5 years or a fine not exceeding $5,000 or both.

1 count, § 2-504 Penalty.- A person who violates this section is guilty of a felony and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 3 years or a fine not exceeding $5,000 or both.

Can't wait to see the civil penalty. He certainly ruined lives.

softcrab

Okay, I finally found a word to suit how I've been thinking since this happened. Reading an article referring to crossings. People's paths that cross and have an effect. I met Mike about a year before this accident. I held back cause he was a little younger. I can't help feeling if I had got to know him I could have had a positive influence and maybe altered history. Yeah I know, ego trip. But just in case, people, know the least thing can have an affect. Well, the least thing didn't. But something could have, maybe.

sockgirl77

Dear Softcrab,
I was Mikey's middle school and high school sweetheart. I've known the man for over 20 years. He's always been the same old Mikey Bowes. Not saying he's necessarily a bad guy as I've always had a soft spot in my heart for him BUT he's made piss-poor decision. And now one of those has killed someone. He's had a beautiful wife, stunning kids, and numerous people that have loved him to no end. Nobody has ever gotten him to change. Pretty sure that you couldn't have done a damn thing to change him either.

Calling It How I KNOW It,
Socki

softcrab

Dear Softcrab,
I was Mikey's middle school and high school sweetheart. I've known the man for over 20 years. He's always been the same old Mikey Bowes. Not saying he's necessarily a bad guy as I've always had a soft spot in my heart for him BUT he's made piss-poor decision. And now one of those has killed someone. He's had a beautiful wife, stunning kids, and numerous people that have loved him to no end. Nobody has ever gotten him to change. Pretty sure that you couldn't have done a damn thing to change him either.

Calling It How I KNOW It,
Socki

I didn't know him. Dealt with the family as a Sunday school teacher. I guess it is a case of "so sad..." for everyone. I wish ...whatever. Sounds like you understand my compassion.

C

CalvertNewbie

I was a bit :confused: to the 3 months to 4 yrs......

:yeahthat: It'll be interesting to see how much time he actually winds up serving for killing an innocent man. I feel bad for both families involved. His children have to grow up knowing their father is a loser. Not easy for anyone involved.

I wish all these idiots would just drink at their own houses instead of getting behind the wheel and putting innocent lives at risk.