Cybertruck design conversations

PeoplesElbow

Does anyone expect to do this to any vehicle not baja prepped and not sustain damage? these here look to be about as hard as I would push any stock truck.

If I was buying something referred to as a "truck ready for the apocalypse" by the company I might.

glhs837

Power with Control
First fatal crash, looking at the map and given the time of day (1am) I'm calling it a a really high speed crash and that the guy was dead before the fire. Nice long straight with a curve at the end. Easy to misjudge your approach speed and miss it and plow into a sharp concrete culvert at 100 plus.

glhs837

Power with Control
So most folks saw that CT that got T-boned by the Ford, caved in both passenger side doors. Totaled of course. But here's where it gets fun. You all know I'm not a fan of yourtubers and vehicles. This kid, he's straight up, no stretching things to hit the monetization. Looks like that hit didnt really affect the structure other than the B pillar. Main battery structure is fine, kid replaces the pyro fuses and the 48 volt battery that went dead after months of sitting (main battery looks to have more than 50% charger after all that time) and gets it driving in "SAFE" mode, 4mph.

Good start. Getting parts used shouldn't be an issue. Once he has it repaired, can he get Supercharger access, thats the key.

So, more parts and it runs fine now. We dont know what he paid for it, of course, but so far, he looks to be about 5-7K into it. Another 3K for doors, maybe 2 k for seats, depending on what he might find used from Copart. Maybe 10K all in for repairs? If he got it for say 50K, hes got a deal. Assuming he can regain access to the SC network of course.

glhs837

Power with Control
Damn things look crazy in large formations...... Reinforces my notion that a collection of cybertrucks should be called a phalanx :)

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
I genuinely hope he can unload those things before the bubble bursts.

glhs837

Power with Control
I genuinely hope he can unload those things before the bubble bursts.
Selling like hotcakes, even at the 100K minimum price right now. Best selling EV truck, and best selling vehicle at 100k and over of any kind. Imagine once the price drops 20K or so..... Back in June they were making 1,300 a week, should be 2,500 a week by the end of the year. Lot fills up, then the lot empties as they ship out. Unlike traditional makers, there's no tens of thousands of units sitting in dealerships waiting to be sold.