Cynthia McKinney (racial profiling?)

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Part of her motive(s) may be to ensure.....

........that her own party won't marginalize her.

"She and House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi (Calif.) no longer speak, not even to exchange greetings when encountering each other in the Capitol hallways, said two House Democratic sources.

Pelosi twice turned down McKinney’s request to regain her seniority after she was defeated and then reelected in 2002 and 2004. McKinney first came to Congress in 1992."

It would appear that(pardon the pun) she's in effect, blackmailing her own party. :eyebrow:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
Oh pish. Nobody's ever been banned on here for their political views. How they express those views is another story....

"I cannot accurately express myself without profanity and obscenities..." :lmao:
I wasn't saying they couldn't express their views, but how is the issue. I was only trying to point out that this is a private place with its own rules. But, I see where what I posted could have been miss interpreted. :flowers:

Toxick

Splat
vraiblonde said:
Have you ever noticed that whenever a Democrat gets in trouble through their own fault, other Democrats start calling it a "distraction" as if it's completely insignificant and a ruse by the Republicans to keep them from getting their "message" out?

*COUGH*deLay*COUGH*

Pardon me - I have a cold.

Their message?
"ANYBODY BUT BUSH!"

Great message.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Toxick said:
*COUGH*deLay*COUGH*
That story was all the rage this morning on the news shows. I, personally, fail to see the big deal. Congressmen decide not to run for re-election all the time. Supposedly his poll numbers were bad, but it would stun me if that's the reason he dropped out - DeLay's done this long enough that he knows poll numbers don't mean crap.

willie

NBC4's poll:
Do you think U.S. Rep. Cynthia McKinney should be charged with assault?
Choice Votes Percentage of 912 Votes
Yes 805 88%
No 107 12%
Thank you for taking our unscientific survey. Check back later for updated results.

Toxick

Splat
vraiblonde said:
That story was all the rage this morning on the news shows. I, personally, fail to see the big deal. Congressmen decide not to run for re-election all the time.

Well yeah - But I wasn't necessarily referring to his news this morning, rather I was counter-pointing your assertion:

"Democrats start calling it a "distraction" as if it's completely insignificant and a ruse by the Republicans to keep them from getting their "message" out?"

When basically the whole DeLay "ethical" thing is absolutely nothing more than a transparent distraction and an act of desperation - or else the entire House of Effing Representatives should have resigned this morning.

Which I would have found unfathomably amusing.

Toxick

Splat
willie said:
NBC4's poll:
Do you think U.S. Rep. Cynthia McKinney should be charged with assault?
Choice Votes Percentage of 912 Votes
Yes 805 88%
No 107 12%
Thank you for taking our unscientific survey. Check back later for updated results.

:lol:

Racially biased polls :p~

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
willie said:
NBC4's poll:
WSB TV's poll:

Based on current information who do you think is to blame for the confrontation between Rep. Cynthia McKinney and a police officer?

Rep. McKinney 4960 95%
Police Officer 132 3%
Don't Know 137 3%

Toxick

Splat
vraiblonde said:
WSB TV's poll:

Based on current information who do you think is to blame for the confrontation between Rep. Cynthia McKinney and a police officer?

Rep. McKinney 4960 95%
Police Officer 132 3%
Don't Know 137 3%

Margin for error, 1% ?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Updated NBC4 Poll:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=black><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=SurveyQuestion width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=3>Do you think U.S. Rep. Cynthia McKinney should be charged with assault?</TD></TR><TR><TD class=SurveyAnswer width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff>Choice </TD><TD class=SurveyAnswer width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff>Votes </TD><TD class=SurveyAnswer width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff>Percentage of 1719 Votes </TD></TR><TR><TD class=SurveyAnswer align=left width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff>Yes</TD><TD class=SurveyAnswer align=middle width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff>1551</TD><TD class=SurveyAnswer align=left width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff>90%</TD></TR><TR><TD class=SurveyAnswer align=left width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff>No</TD><TD class=SurveyAnswer align=middle width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff>168</TD><TD class=SurveyAnswer align=left width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff>10%</TD></TR><TR><TD class=SurveyQuestion width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=3>Thank you for taking our unscientific survey. Check back later for updated results.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Holding at 90% for her being charged...............

willie

Attachments

• mckinney_racecard.gif
    mckinney_racecard.gif
    40.3 KB · Views: 61

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
As reported on NBC 4: Congress is trying to pass a resolution COMMENDING the officer for "unwavering dedication to duty".
:congressionalbiatchslap:

USCP Chief Gainer,"we ask ALL members of congress to wear the lapel pins and to slow down at the doors. Almost everyone of them FOLLOW THE RULES."

beavis

Penn said:
........that her own party won't marginalize her.

"She and House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi (Calif.) no longer speak, not even to exchange greetings when encountering each other in the Capitol hallways, said two House Democratic sources.

Pelosi twice turned down McKinney’s request to regain her seniority after she was defeated and then reelected in 2002 and 2004. McKinney first came to Congress in 1992."

It would appear that(pardon the pun) she's in effect, blackmailing her own party. :eyebrow:

WOW!!! NANCY EFFFING PELOSI won't speak to her?!? Now THATS saying something!! :yikes:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Slowly, the story takes shape...

http://washingtontimes.com/metro/20060405-122410-5015r.htm

U.S. Capitol Police Chief Terrance W. Gainer yesterday said his officer did the right thing when he stopped Rep. Cynthia A. McKinney after she walked past a secure checkpoint in a House office building last week.

The chief announced his retirement last month after it was brought to his attention that he had violated a 1967 law against nepotism when he hired his son-in-law as a police officer more than two years ago. Chief Gainer's son-in-law also resigned from the force

The nepotism charges surfaced after repeated clashes with congressional Democrats in recent months over the size and direction of the Capitol Police.

I can't WAIT to find out why Democrats are at odds with the Captial Hill cops.

Any bets on whether a particular member of Congress is at odds with the size and direction of the cops?

Toxick

Splat
kom526 said:
As reported on NBC 4: Congress is trying to pass a resolution COMMENDING the officer for "unwavering dedication to duty".
:congressionalbiatchslap:

USCP Chief Gainer,"we ask ALL members of congress to wear the lapel pins and to slow down at the doors. Almost everyone of them FOLLOW THE RULES."

And was I hallucinating this morning, or did I really see this McKinney idiot say that she wasn't recognized because she changed her hair, and this is "much ado about a do"?

I thought it was much ado about a cellphone and a raging egoist race-baiting sociopath.