Cynthia McKinney (racial profiling?)

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Oh come on...

Toxick said:
I get the feeling that even Sharpton and the Reverend Jackson are cringing and shaking their heads ruefully at this one.

...that's simply not possible.

Jesse Jacksons best friend when he was coming up in the civil rights lottery game was white and other people told him he needed to lose to the honkey, at least when the cameras were running, for credibilitys sake.

Does a plumber NOT come to your house if the mess is TOO crappy?

No.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Wouldn't it be cool...

vraiblonde said:
Because they're both race victims (so they say). Belefonte couldn't be more clear about his opinion of whites and blacks who associate with them, and Glover makes a habit of dressing like a thug and trying to flag down taxis so he can scream "racism" when they pass him by.

Notice neither of them are as popular as they once were? 'Tis a pity...

...if the cop came on TV, crying and all upset saying McKinney wouldn't have hit him if he were black; that he is only guilty of being a cop while white?

He could pewl and whine how tough and stressful all the sensitivity classes are along with the constant spectre of being accused of racism and personal ruin simply for trying to do his job.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I wonder what she would have done if he had not stopped her?

Would she have kept on going or point out his error and then complain that his was inept at his job duties?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
vraiblonde said:
Because they're both race victims (so they say). Belefonte couldn't be more clear about his opinion of whites and blacks who associate with them, and Glover makes a habit of dressing like a thug and trying to flag down taxis so he can scream "racism" when they pass him by.

Notice neither of them are as popular as they once were? 'Tis a pity...
Yeah, I remember when Murtaugh wanted to go to South Africa and the the guy at the South African Consulate said, "But, but you're BLACK!"
:lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
sushisamba said:
That's exactly what I think everytime I hear Georgie boy's voice.
Couldn't resist the opportunity to sneak in a slam against Bush, could you, even when the topic has absolutely nothing to do with him.

sushisamba

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrr
vraiblonde said:
Couldn't resist the opportunity to sneak in a slam against Bush, could you, even when the topic has absolutely nothing to do with him.
Last time I checked, this was still America, where we have freedom of speech...:shrug:

Otter

Nothing to see here
kom526 said:
Yeah, I remember when Murtaugh wanted to go to South Africa and the the guy at the South African Consulate said, "But, but you're BLECK!"
:lmao:

:fixed: :smack:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
sushisamba said:
Last time I checked, this was still America, where we have freedom of speech...:shrug:
There is no such right as freedom of speech on this board. Playing that card will get you soooo banned.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
What does that have to do with anything? :confused:
Nothing. He/she/it is just proving themselves to be an idiot. They're doing an excellent job don't you think?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
2ndAmendment said:
There is no such right as freedom of speech on this board. Playing that card will get you soooo banned.
Oh pish. Nobody's ever been banned on here for their political views. How they express those views is another story....

"I cannot accurately express myself without profanity and obscenities..." :lmao:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Wait....It gets better!

<TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Mount McKinney
The American Spectator , by The Prowler </TD></TR><TR><TD>Original Article</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

When word of McKinney's actions reached House Democratic leadership, they asked staff to investigate. "It sounded like classic McKinney," says a House Democratic leadership aide. "But the Capitol Hill police weren't happy about it, and they weren't going to keep the story under wraps. Too many people knew about it."

House Democratic leadership is unsure of what to do, according to sources. They have been told by members of the House Black Caucus that McKinney has told them that the purpose of the P.R. campaign on which she has embarked is mainly to ensure her own party will not move against her, while also keeping her in the news. "I think she fears on some level that this event could end her political career," says the Democratic leadership aide. "Let's be honest, the only reason that she was elected was that there were no better Democrats to put up against her last time out." (Denise Majette, who had defeated McKinney in 2002, vacated the seat to make an unsuccessful run for the U.S. Senate in 2004.)

I think she is making some leading Democrats v-e-r-y nervous.

ShaunaNJoe

I'm hungry....
Larry Gude said:
...if the cop came on TV, crying and all upset saying McKinney wouldn't have hit him if he were black; that he is only guilty of being a cop while white?

He could pewl and whine how tough and stressful all the sensitivity classes are along with the constant spectre of being accused of racism and personal ruin simply for trying to do his job.

:yeahthat:

ylexot

Super Genius
The bizarre scuffle Wednesday between Rep. Cynthia McKinney (D-Ga.) and an unnamed U.S. Capitol Police officer is winning the spirited congresswoman few new friends in her caucus. In fact, some Democrats are trying to distance themselves from her.
“It’s a question of fact and whether the officer put his hand on her first or whether he asked her to stop first and asked for ID. The facts will determine who was in the right and who was in the wrong,” said Rep. Al Wynn (D-Md.). “I would be offended and upset if [an officer] put his hands on me prior to asking for ID.”
Pssst...every report I've seen says that there were multiple witnesses who said that the officer asked her to stop several times before touching her. I think that gives the officer the authority to physically stop her.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
ylexot said:
All of the attention has some Democrats concerned that McKinney is drawing the limelight away from their policy goals and Republicans’ ethical missteps to focus on a momentary, disputed encounter in a Capitol Hill hallway.

“There’s been a lot of eye-rolling,” said an aide to a moderate Democrat who spoke on condition of anonymity. “The national attention it’s been getting has been unfortunate. It’s becoming a distraction.”

A Democratic strategist concurred.

“This isn’t the view of Democrats that we want to project in the tough races, one of victims and race-baiting,” the strategist said.

Have you ever noticed that whenever a Democrat gets in trouble through their own fault, other Democrats start calling it a "distraction" as if it's completely insignificant and a ruse by the Republicans to keep them from getting their "message" out?